What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

15x600 watt 48 bucket system

gottt it

Red - thx for the kind words!

as far as the ac ... that geo thermal sounds nice but id rather go spend $5-6k on the xcelaire and install it myself and not have to deal with anyone at all..

stoney419

gottt it said:
i saw them at the trade show in frisco last year .. the units looked pretty nice ... im definately gonna grab one
first off great grow don't know how i missed it just read all the pages great pics i might add
and you have links to these air conditioners

Y

yamaha_1fan

I read the instructions and it seems so easy to install.

What is the price of a 5 ton unit?

gottt it

id like to say iits somewere from 5-7k im not too sure .. u know how grow stores like to add on some xtra bucks ..

the guys at the show were telling me they designed it to "YOU" can install it without the help of a ac guy .. sounded good too me plus it can be silent..

i know about geothermal. yes, for a large home or building it is more technical. more like the drilling of a well. with many vertical lines of fluid blah balh blah.

you can just run ducting under you house and it helps. many ways to skin a cat. you can dig down a couple feet. then dump dirt on top of that. not easy if you live in a townhome, but doable with a normal home yard. if you live somewhere that gets cold in the winter your golden. remember you don't need to go 60" to get cooler. 60" is just stable. it varies a bit through the world, but that's the rough target for stable. remember it can be used to heat in cold months too.

dav zap

Gott this

Gott this

Greetings gottt it. Wow. Super nice, man. Best wishes for a good yield. Which leads me to ask if you are hip to UV-B? I know you want THC, this is what helps the plant make it. Normal HID bulbs don't have it. Technically MH has a little bit but it is filtered out to be ineffective by the glass sleeve. Let me suggest you look into tanning bed supplies and goggles. (For eye radiation safety) For closet growers like myself its available from the pet shop in the form of lizard lamps. Get Output 10.0 if possible. My fave is my SPERTI Suntan lamp 800 watts 30% UV-B. You will get more better stoned! :wave:

BowlPacks

Those AC's are fuckin' sweet huh? I was looking at some a bit ago (mini-split) and the problem I kept running into was outdoor temps.
Where I live it get up to 105f in the summer and below zero is possible in the winter months. So my issue was this: The outdoor compressors dont work in temps lower than like 25f. I didnt look too closely but do these units run in temps that low? My next idea was to just create a sort of lung room for the "outdoor unit" moving HUGE amounts of air through it. Obviously, this idea starting running into the price range of a new car so I said fuck it.
However, if I ever buy a place and decide to set a room up I'd figure out how to get one of those AC's to work, those things are the fucking cats PJ's. For me though, moving every 3-4 years it's too much modification and wasted dollars. One day though...

gottt it

ya i know about wasted dollars .. fuckin grow shops will sell u anything .. and everything "works" .. bah lies.

i havent looked much into these ac's but when i saw them at the show i really wanted one heh .. we will see how it works out

Y

yamaha_1fan

I am already designing my next op in my head. I am going to get another house and use the basement. Most basements here dont have A/C or heat. So if I get an unfinished basement, I could easily have a unit put in before anything was done. I would just say we are going to finish it and make a workshop so we need a big unit.

gottt it said:
id like to say iits somewere from 5-7k im not too sure .. u know how grow stores like to add on some xtra bucks ..

the guys at the show were telling me they designed it to "YOU" can install it without the help of a ac guy .. sounded good too me plus it can be silent..
Nice clean hydro grow man,as far as a split ac would not go down that road if you have cold winters as the coils will freeze up and cause damage in and out.2x danby 12,000 btu portable ac would be enough for your op but if you want to utilize Co2 then a 3 ton water cooled ac would be the best way to go as long as your water temp is 65f or below and you could pick one up for $3500,for more info check out www.heatexchanger.ca

dav zap

Fave book?

Fave book?

What book did you read on how to grow ganja? All the good books touch on at least, the UV factor. Recall it in the sun? But not the grow room? :rant:

gottt it

im kinda drunk so i think your kinda talking shit ? if so i dunno sounds like some bs to me .. i recall growing dank and for many years .. i hope you do the same and arent one of those internet thugs ... poooooo c

B00st3d

ya wtf is dav zap talkin bout ? Everyone likes to second guess others on here thinkin they know something we dont already know. The proof is in the eatin, and if it aint broke then dont fix it. The mans gettin tremendous results with them 600's. And who reads a book to learn how to grow ? So many ppl think they know it all cuz they read a book or they read the posts on here . Learnin how to grow comes from experience, trial and error , etc...You dont know shit until you grow several successful crops, end of story.

Kilbud

Mini split AC

Mini split AC

BritishColumbia said:
Nice clean hydro grow man,as far as a split ac would not go down that road if you have cold winters as the coils will freeze up and cause damage in and out.]

Hey Gott it,

BC is right if your area drops below 0 degrees in the winter. If not you need to buy a a low ambient mini split AC which will perform down to 0 degrees. The mini split is much more efficient than a portable AC.

For your room with that many lights you should be looking at least for a 18,000 btu unit. It's wasted money if 12,000 isn't enough. Here's a link to the one I just received it's a Sharp 12,000 btu low ambient. It has a variable compressor which will run as low as 2 amps to maintain temp when it's not too hot. Delivered with a 20' line set $1,511.00. I actually picked up at Fed Ex for free shipping.

http://www.minisplitsystems.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=12KLS71#Features

I'm pretty picky about who I deal with and spent a lot of time with their tech support before my purchase. I would highly recommend.

Here's a link I found really usefull which is a AC calculator for growers.

http://excelair.ca/

Hope this helps. :wave: