What's new

1512W LED Perpetual Medical Harvest (Aeroponics)

M

mrred

i dont know of any true organic hydro nutes. the reason dont flush organic soil is because you cant, unless you break the roots free from the soil and put them in a big bucket of water

goofy81

hey LEDgirl
when will these come to australia?
electricity here is around 21-23 cents a kw.
All you americans/canadians complain about your power..

Calimed

Veteran
Variable temp heat gun and a vapor bowl or a volcano for vaping. I hear people like these silver surfers, but I've never liked any whip system as much.

LEDGirl

Veteran
Long story short, we moved away from our garden in early December and have done minimal maintenance there ever since. The plants have been without CO2 for the last 5-6 weeks, the nutes haven't been changed as often as they should, and as plants have finished (or as we killed them) we've been removing lights.

Anyhow, we did have a Maui Wowie finishing up that we decided to chop down tonight. We're tired of driving 2 hours to our old garden once a week to watch things, so she's maybe a week or so early... (oh well). Here's what a nice high yielding strain can do under our LED's when you more or less abandon them like we did lol. I'm sure it would have got a bit bigger if I'd have given her some more attention, CO2, etc... but I think she did pretty damn good.

Here's a fast-trimmed Maui:

0130-1.jpg

Here I circled a bud about half-way down the plant (which was over 3' tall by the way), as Irish recently did a photograph of buds half-way down his plants, and I wanted to show what those kinds of buds should look like.

0130-2.jpg

In this next photo you can see that we chopped off the top buds from the plant. You can see the circled bud again in this picture for reference.

0130-3.jpg

This is one of those Grow Yo-Yo, Easy-Lift, or Sun-Lift Adjustable Light Hangers next to the bud that was circled in the previous two photographs.

0130-4.jpg

Here is an up-close shot of a few buds at the bottom of the plant, with a teaspoon next to them for reference.

0130-5.jpg

Here is a photo taken from further back, showing the exact location on the plant where the buds in the photo above were located.

0130-6.jpg

One of the Head Colas

0130-7.jpg

From Another Angle

0130-8.jpg

Here are the 6 largest buds that were chopped from the plant, as you see missing in Image 3.

0130-9.jpg

Getting up-close and personal with Maui

0130-10.jpg

The next photographs are all about weight! These were weighed about 3 hours after they were chopped. The last two photos show the weighing of a single bud (it was too heavy for the scale). We had to put it on the scale as a zero weight, and then subtract the bud to get the negative weight of it (scales that only do 100 grams will weigh more than 100 grams in the negatives).

0130-11.jpg

0130-12.jpg

0130-13.jpg

0130-14.jpg

0130-15.jpg

0130-16.jpg

0130-17.JPG

So that's:

Total: 417.61 grams wet for the 6 biggest buds.

There is still plenty more weight on the plant, and I'll give a dry weight on her in about a week or so.

MarquisBlack

St. Elsewhere
Veteran
They've been replacing Gas Station lighting with LED panels that are BRIGHT-AS-FUCK.

Gonna be a customer very soon.

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Very nice girl! Impressive results with the LED's. No one can deny those are some BIG buds :D

Maui too... sweet!

WizeWizo

So was that the end of the 1512w LED garden? I certainly would get tired of that drive too! I would like to order another 205w to compare essentially 2 205w over my 4x2 aero tray against 2 400w's over my other 4x2 aero tray. Hit me up when you get a chance....

ps: I'll take some of that wowie off yer hands if need be....

LEDGirl

Veteran
2 x 205W's over a 4' x 2' aero tray. Did you know that's actually what we designed these lights for lol? Sure they are awesome for grow tents since they are square, but they are the perfect size for putting two of them over our aero systems ;)

Yep, that Maui finishes out the plants from the 1512W room. I think she'll be my top producer from this round actually. The AK47 we chopped early, as most everything else (cause we wanted to close it down). I simply couldn't bear to chop Maui (that one), so I let her and a few other plants go a few more weeks. Maui was the only one near completion, but we chopped em all as we're sick of the drive. I'm guessing somewhere near 6 ounces, but we'll see. If the normal calculations hold true, then our head colas alone should weigh about 4 ounces dry :biggrin:

Last edited:

crfman88

hey led girl good stuff you have goin on here. I have been following you for a long time and am interested in your aeroponics sytem. i see your growing some pretty nice trees there. Do you ever have issues with clogging from the sprayers. i wanna cut the number of plants down and grow some pretty big yeilding trees. can this syetms grow trees as big or equal to those in 5 gallon buckets of soil because thats whare im currently I have 2 600w hps and a 6x9 room i would want 2 for flowering and 1for veg can i veg a little longer like 6 to 8 weeks and then transfer the net pod from the veg system into the flowering room. thanx alot any info is appreciated

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
RE: 11/17 post from LEDGirl

RE: 11/17 post from LEDGirl

This is the first time I have seen a cost analysis.
As you know, I am no fan of HID/HPS but...

Can you confirm that blue LEDs die long before the reds? And if so, how would the owner replace those LEDs?

If the light has to be returned to the factory for replacement, at what cost?

If you have to toss your lights in 6-10 years that is an expensive hidden cost.

Latest posts

Latest posts