What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150W HPS Mini Fridge SOG or ScrOG -WW, Satori, Bagseed-

idontsmoke

Hey bro really nice! Did you get a filter worked out?

Keep in mind your ph can swing rapidly. If it's 7.0 today it could be anything the next morning or even hours later. I hope it's not a dumb question but do you leave the lid off the bottle to let the chlorine evaporate? I've found an hour in the sun will get rid of the chlorine just fine. Even like 15 minutes makes a big impact and is okay imo.

I'm totally no expert but I think your leaf issues are ph related too. Something I read about ph screwups that I agree with - you can spend forever chasing it, analysing, treating, observing, hoping you got it right, dealing with mistakes....but far better to just deal with the cause of the problem. I know in future you should investigate dolomite for your soil mix. It helps lock the ph stable and gives cal and mag, which in my newb opinion, you may be getting locked out of in your pics.

Hey Scrubby :) thanks for your reply.

Filter is working but not like i hoped. It's a can type DIY filter like the one made by RM - aquagrower here, but i, like always, didn't really think hard enough, and made carbon layer only 1/2" thick.
Other problem is im pushing through the filter. Not the best way to do it but only one i can do right now.
It blocked most of the smell so far, but for flowering im gonna make different filter, possibly ripoff of your design, if u don't mind :D

Chlorine is not an issue. I fill the 5gal bucket and leave outside it for few days.
When i first started research for this grow i read about different soil mixes and tried to find Bat Guano, Dolomite lime, Blood and Bone meal but no luck.
That stuff is totally unknown in these parts of world.
I found dolomite powder is used for making ceramic, so i might contact few local factorys to see if they have some.

Im gonna transplant them in bigger pots and replace most of the soil.
My biggest mistake was not knowing my water PH from the start.
I have been watering them with very hard water ~400ppm and PH of 8 for 3 weeks. If i started threating water to drop PH to about 6.5-7 from the start i think i wouldnt have this problem now.

Live and learn. :joint:

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Yeah man I hear you...I just got into organics and it's painful trying to get all the ingredients you need for any recipes on icmag. I could only find one guano in the whole country and it's like a hydroponic product so it has no stink and seems almost synthetic.

For the real specialty items, the best option I found was actually ebay. I found some things I could get delivered easy from the states that I'd never ever find here. Of course, shipping is a killer.

I'm actually a fan of pushing in a stealth grow now. I feel overall that it's a better choice - by being covered and muffled like that, it allows you to run a louder fan than you needed to get over the inefficiency of pushing in the first place. I rejigged my fans now so the external pulling fan is on a lower voltage and the internal fan is on 12v - it's more balanced thus cooling the same with less noise.

I totally recommend the carbon screen method :D If you go to the last couple of pages on my fan sig thread, we had some good discussion about the ins and outs of the whole technique with mj, another user who does the same thing, and some other users planning to. A lot of measurements are given and if you pay attention, I'm sure you'll see that it's a very good idea ;)

It's just so good because it looks normal for a box to be sitting on a small fridge like that. It keeps all your fans, filters, and other stuff out of and above your cab. If I had to squeeze a stubby filter and fans into my cab, I simply wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing now, it would suck balls to see that space wasted and try to deal with the shape of the lighting and the high temps from no surface area.

I can pull and push without any fear of positive pressure failing the carbon filter. It's a brilliant idea through and through. Redgreenery is the first one who really started the idea of a carbon screen, to my knowledge, and we all know he knows his stuff.

Anyways, if you need any help, just mention, I'll be keeping an eye on proceedings :)

idontsmoke

nice show! really working that fridge!! good luck with the rest of the grow!

Thanks for joining the show sneakinman. :wave:
Yeah man I hear you...I just got into organics and it's painful trying to get all the ingredients you need for any recipes on icmag. I could only find one guano in the whole country and it's like a hydroponic product so it has no stink and seems almost synthetic.

For the real specialty items, the best option I found was actually ebay. I found some things I could get delivered easy from the states that I'd never ever find here. Of course, shipping is a killer.

I'm actually a fan of pushing in a stealth grow now. I feel overall that it's a better choice - by being covered and muffled like that, it allows you to run a louder fan than you needed to get over the inefficiency of pushing in the first place. I rejigged my fans now so the external pulling fan is on a lower voltage and the internal fan is on 12v - it's more balanced thus cooling the same with less noise.

I totally recommend the carbon screen method :D If you go to the last couple of pages on my fan sig thread, we had some good discussion about the ins and outs of the whole technique with mj, another user who does the same thing, and some other users planning to. A lot of measurements are given and if you pay attention, I'm sure you'll see that it's a very good idea ;)

It's just so good because it looks normal for a box to be sitting on a small fridge like that. It keeps all your fans, filters, and other stuff out of and above your cab. If I had to squeeze a stubby filter and fans into my cab, I simply wouldn't be able to do what I'm doing now, it would suck balls to see that space wasted and try to deal with the shape of the lighting and the high temps from no surface area.

I can pull and push without any fear of positive pressure failing the carbon filter. It's a brilliant idea through and through. Redgreenery is the first one who really started the idea of a carbon screen, to my knowledge, and we all know he knows his stuff.

Anyways, if you need any help, just mention, I'll be keeping an eye on proceedings :)

Thanks man, appreciate your help!

I found a possible source for Bone, Blood and Kelp Meal, Fish Meal and Molasses Meal. :woohoo:
It's being used in carp fishing baits - Boilie. Think i can get most of the organic stuff from local shop, and it's cheap.
For price of two 1l bottles of Floranova Bloom i can get 1Kg of Blood, Bone, Kelp, Fish and Molasses, and that can last a looong time. will have to check first if anyone used "fishing grade" nutrients before.

Will have to re-read your PC fans thread.
Boomerang made screen-type filter im really digging right now.

My first clones :)
picture.php

picture.php

They are 4 days old and are looking good. Couldn't find rooting hormones anywhere so i used bee honey. It has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties so it does no harm, and if it does no harm it can only help. Right? :D

idontsmoke

Had to take few photos... they are gorgeous!!!
picture.php

picture.php

I can tell there are two distinct phenos.
One has huge fan leaves and very little side branching, and the other has gazillion side branches and little slimmer leaves, but there is whole lot of them everywhere.
The more sativa one would be perfect for ScrOG and Indica type is just right for SOG.
Gonna veg them bit more for indica types to make bigger shoots so i can take clones and start sexing them all.
After that, if im lucky, one of each pheno will become a moms.
Little polen wouldn't hurt eather :witch2:

idontsmoke

Update after gazillion years :D

Only two girls left in there. It was getting too crowded and i made tough decision to throw 3 babes out, to save most promising two.
Just in case, took clones from all of them b4 i threw them.

They are on 12/12 for a little over two weeks now.

As you can see in this pic, i screwed up LST-ing and ended up with lot of wasted space.
picture.php

My l33t supercropping skillz!

picture.php

Learned a lesson - do NOT try to super crop wood-like stems. They just dry out and die.

Nothing a little rope and duct tape won't fix :bashhead:

picture.php

My training fail. Canopy not even close to flat but meh....

picture.php

Looking up.
So this is what fungus gnats saw when they came to gnaw on my roots and before i killed them?

picture.php

Baby no1 smells like burnt plastic and burnt lemon. I almost saw my lunch again after smelling my fingers after supercroping her.
Having a little N toxicity and "claw" on some of the smaller leaves.

picture.php

Bunch of tiny bud shots :)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

HPS sucks for taking photos....

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Remember this poor clone?

picture.php

Every one said it's dead for shure.

Look at her go!
picture.php

picture.php

Had a problem with crappy soil that caused some nute burn, and N lockout, but just one day after changing most of her soil it bounced back beautifully! Still got purple stems tho.

And for the end mu mom/clone laundry basket.
picture.php

That's it for now.

idontsmoke

Honey worked, but i will not be using dirt for cloning again for obvious reasons :D

Only obstacle between me and successful cloning is fixing the cab temps.
When HPS in flowering cab turns off, temperature in the cloning cab drops down to mid 60's.

i second daddy fingaz bro. things are looking good im still jealous. its going to be a while before there will be any kind of growth in mine :(

idontsmoke

So it's time for one of my irregular updates.

Things are getting frosty in here
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Rain forest shot

picture.php

I'm growing leaves!!! :smokeit:

picture.php

The clones from two plants in flowering.
Burned few leaves that grew in to CFLs.
Oldest clone has a Mag/Zinc deficiency probably caused by me being dumbass and giving young clones FLOWERING nutes by mistake.
Flushed it once, and new growth seems fine. Wonder will older leaves recover?

picture.php

Damn Mg :D
Notice the purple leaf stems... it gets really cold during the HPS lights out time... around 65F.
picture.php

picture.php

That's it for now. This waiting is the worst! :watchplant:
I wish i had two more cabs so i have to do something with my plants every day.
Thinking of getting simple DWC setup to test some things.

Awesome grow, idontsmoke. The fridge is genius! How long until harvest? Looking forward to seeing an update. I'm at 67 days of 12/12 on my own satori grow... only a few days to go! :) :)

Love the computer type fans. Been collecting quite a few myself. You got that sucker bent 90 degrees. Looks like it worked.

idontsmoke

Awesome grow, idontsmoke. The fridge is genius! How long until harvest? Looking forward to seeing an update. I'm at 67 days of 12/12 on my own satori grow... only a few days to go! :) :)

Hey sirbudsalot, thanks for stopping by.

Fridge idea came from FreezerBoy... he's a genius :bow:
My girls are @ 53 days now. Im guessing, harvesting will be end of January - beginning of February.

:dance013:.....hahaha.....nice looking nuggs btw.....keep up the show

Hey bengie, your grow is going damn nice too. Im just lurking in there tho :D

Love the computer type fans. Been collecting quite a few myself. You got that sucker bent 90 degrees. Looks like it worked.

Hey phatboy, i dont use PC fan for cooling, just to move some air up in the box. It worked great until damn satori grew in to the fan blades and trimmed itself :D

idontsmoke

Here's an update for two weeks.

Week 6:

Fudged up with circulation fan and pointed it over the bulb @ the fan leaves and buds, which resulted in burnt leaves and heat stress.

picture.php

picture.php

Now some random bud shots from week 6:

This is SkyRocket pheno which is very very leafy. It looks like it's atleast one week behind the other plant in resin production.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

And the other pheno, which looks like Bat. Frosty :bigeye:

picture.php

picture.php

Overview of week 6:

picture.php

idontsmoke

Last week i harvested plant no2. Here's couple of pics.
picture.php

Hangin' in there :D
picture.php

picture.php

After 6 days of drying here she is in jars.

The last one was full but i had to do a "little" testing :smokeit:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Smell is amazing and the taste is pretty damn good considering the fact i didn't flush her at all.

Yesterday, plant no1 came down. Here's some pics of her.

picture.php

picture.php

Biggest bugger
picture.php

After the trim i got this.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This one is drying right now. Smallest bud is gonna be my first try @ water curing.
Quick dried one popcorn and tested it... it's still a bit harsh, but the taste is amazing. Got my heart racing a bit and i couldn't get the grin of my face for three hours.
Listened to Funkadelic - Maggot Brain and all i can say is O M G!

Latest posts

Latest posts