What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150W HPS Mini Fridge SOG or ScrOG -WW, Satori, Bagseed-

idontsmoke

Thanks for neg rep, whoever was that.

Ok, problems arrived a bit early in this show.
My little sister just couldn't keep her mouth shut and said to some of her friends
"Hey, my big brother is growing weed in his fridge" and i got reaaaly awkward phone call from one of them yesterday,
so paranoia kicked in and i just had to get rid of that fridge. :fsu:

Now the good news!
Getting rid of that fridge and acting pissed at my sis gave me a fresh start since i convinced her and her friends i am done with that.

I bought a bigger and better half-working freezer for 10$.
Behold!!

This bugger is almost double the size of my old fridge!
Internal dimensions for this one are 24"Wx22"Dx50"H.
Right now i'm waiting for it to arrive and thinking of a way to, somehow, fit mom/clone, flowering and maybe even utility chamber in there.

I was thinking of dividing the freezer in two sections. Lower 15" for moms and clones, and the rest for flowering.
Will have some more ideas and pictures in few days when freezer arrives.

Till then, Stay green!

shit man why does your sister know that you are growing?

congrats on the new fridge tho. that thing looks like its got all kinds of potential bro. are you going to gut the fridge at all or leave the inside in tact? awsome find bro im definitely going to be watching this. maybe we can trade ideas. i dont remember who brought it up in my thread but ne of their concerns about haveing the mom/clones above the flower cab was the intake for the upper being right above the exhaust of the flower. i think that i may have a solution for that. its a bit technical but i believe itl work, especially since your cab is deeper. my idea consists of makeing a 3" enclosure in the back but it will be sectioned of in 4 different parts: 2 intakes and 2 exhausts. id definitely go with a ScrubNinja style light trap for intakes and exhausts. as they will fit in the 3" space easily. the intakes will be centered up in the wall easy enough. now i was looking at some low cfm grainger 120 volt axial fans and running two per cab. you could put one in each upper corner of the cab with a small scrubber on each. those will exhaust into the 3" wall and travel upwardto the top of the fridge and out. now the mom/clone room. again intake in the center bottom. and again the exhaust fans at the top corners with their scrubbers. im not the best at putting my thoughts to words so im sorry if i confused you. and +rep for you bro screw whoever gave you the neg rrep. dam haters

idontsmoke

shit man why does your sister know that you are growing?

congrats on the new fridge tho. that thing looks like its got all kinds of potential bro. are you going to gut the fridge at all or leave the inside in tact? awsome find bro im definitely going to be watching this. maybe we can trade ideas. i dont remember who brought it up in my thread but ne of their concerns about haveing the mom/clones above the flower cab was the intake for the upper being right above the exhaust of the flower. i think that i may have a solution for that. its a bit technical but i believe itl work, especially since your cab is deeper. my idea consists of makeing a 3" enclosure in the back but it will be sectioned of in 4 different parts: 2 intakes and 2 exhausts. id definitely go with a ScrubNinja style light trap for intakes and exhausts. as they will fit in the 3" space easily. the intakes will be centered up in the wall easy enough. now i was looking at some low cfm grainger 120 volt axial fans and running two per cab. you could put one in each upper corner of the cab with a small scrubber on each. those will exhaust into the 3" wall and travel upwardto the top of the fridge and out. now the mom/clone room. again intake in the center bottom. and again the exhaust fans at the top corners with their scrubbers. im not the best at putting my thoughts to words so im sorry if i confused you. and +rep for you bro screw whoever gave you the neg rrep. dam haters

Heya disfunktional

Well... i rent the apartment in which my sister and i live, so i cant really do anything without her knowing about it... and fridge with reflector light in it isn't "usual" stuff. :noway:

My plan is....blooh! Dont have one ATM... really really want to gut the bastard but, as you know, that foam stuff is ... yuk! Another thing is, i have to score some MDF or similar material to cover inside of it when i gut it, and then comes the painting and whatnot...
I really dont have the room to do that right now, since i dont have garage or workshop, and last time i was removing just a tiny bit of that nasty foam i did it in my bedroom... and i never ever ever want to do that again.:wallbash:

Nice find, ids. Will be nice to see another project in the works.

Hey DB!
Im big optimist so i like to look at this situation best possible way.... and i like it :D
Cant wait for the freezer to come so i can sit in front of it and give him stink eye and start to wrestle with him!:dueling:

Well glad that worked out for ya, that new freezer should be nice.

Should be a killer if i make it 100% stealth and manage to incorporate veg, flower and utility compartment in there.

Thanx all for the support so far!
Here's one for ya... :joint:

KolorBlind

Man, first off Im glad you scored that bigger fridge, that looks sweet ass!!

I dont wanna be a buzz kill or anything, but growing while living with your sister will NEVER, EVER be a good idea. Whether she knows or not. Sounds to me like she is a very untrustworthy person, and talking about you growing weed to her friends is better conversation than her apparently boring life. No offense to your sister what so ever, I dont tell my closest family and friends for the same reason, everyone likes to have something exciting to talk about.

I assume you live in the US, and if you were to get busted due to your sister blabbing to her friends, you would both go to jail. Depending on the state it could be for a long while. I would really hate to see that happen to ya. I would highly recommend putting things on hold until you can do it without having to tell a single other person. Its so tempting but no matter what the circumstance you just cant tell ANYONE, especially family.

I would say wait till you move out on your own to grow indoors and maybe try some guerrilla growing outdoors in the meantime. Just remember, it is virtually impossible to get caught if you dont tell a soul (and if you arent running 2000w or more). Everyone who has ever been caught was 100% at fault. Whether they told the wrong person, spiked their electric bill too high, didnt cover their tracks, etc. it was all their fault. If you play it carefully and tell NO ONE, there should be no reason for anyone to expect anything. OK my rant is over, and its only cuz I care I promise :)

Good luck and lets see some pics if and when you are able to get something going....just keep your damn sister out of the mix. Girls LOOOOOVE to gossip, and she will again if you give her the chance.

Peace man
KB

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great looking setup idontsmoke. What Nirvana strain did you order. 2 years ago, they screwed up one of my orders and sent a freebie pack along with my order! I just harv'd 4 beautiful ladies yesterday (TY Nirvana!!). I was checking out Nirvana's new website, and saw where there was a technical problem that resulted in all of the support tickets were erased. Yikes

idontsmoke

Man, first off Im glad you scored that bigger fridge, that looks sweet ass!!

I dont wanna be a buzz kill or anything, but growing while living with your sister will NEVER, EVER be a good idea. Whether she knows or not. Sounds to me like she is a very untrustworthy person, and talking about you growing weed to her friends is better conversation than her apparently boring life. No offense to your sister what so ever, I dont tell my closest family and friends for the same reason, everyone likes to have something exciting to talk about.

I assume you live in the US, and if you were to get busted due to your sister blabbing to her friends, you would both go to jail. Depending on the state it could be for a long while. I would really hate to see that happen to ya. I would highly recommend putting things on hold until you can do it without having to tell a single other person. Its so tempting but no matter what the circumstance you just cant tell ANYONE, especially family.

I would say wait till you move out on your own to grow indoors and maybe try some guerrilla growing outdoors in the meantime. Just remember, it is virtually impossible to get caught if you dont tell a soul (and if you arent running 2000w or more). Everyone who has ever been caught was 100% at fault. Whether they told the wrong person, spiked their electric bill too high, didnt cover their tracks, etc. it was all their fault. If you play it carefully and tell NO ONE, there should be no reason for anyone to expect anything. OK my rant is over, and its only cuz I care I promise :)

Good luck and lets see some pics if and when you are able to get something going....just keep your damn sister out of the mix. Girls LOOOOOVE to gossip, and she will again if you give her the chance.

Peace man
KB

Hey Kolor Blind

Thanks for worrying man ;)
Problem is that my sister is in high school, and im stuck taking care of her for a while.
Thankfully.. or not (dunno about your laws), i dont live in US.
Here in Europe where i live, law is not really strict about MJ. Other shit will get u quite amount of jail time, but for MJ it's usually parole for 1 year.
Shit, i don't want that ether but im convinced im out of the "danger zone"

Guerrilla grow is out of the question since my bike doesn't handle off road very well :noway: and there's no good spot to be found in 2 million people concrete jungle :(

If you need a tag-team partner, I hear disfunktional can really show a freezer who's boss. :biglaugh:

Haha, im watching disfunktional's grow like a hawk for updates on Man vs Fridge battle. My bet is on disfunktional for now... waiting for pic update. :hotbounce

Great looking setup idontsmoke. What Nirvana strain did you order. 2 years ago, they screwed up one of my orders and sent a freebie pack along with my order! I just harv'd 4 beautiful ladies yesterday (TY Nirvana!!). I was checking out Nirvana's new website, and saw where there was a technical problem that resulted in all of the support tickets were erased. Yikes

Hey festivus
Are you the guy that posted YT video of Jack Herer in working freezer?
That's great stuff... thinking of doing just that... only im little worried about CO2 poisoning lol :D
About Nirvana... don't get me started on them...
My first order from them was WW, Indoor Mix and AK47 which never arrived.
So after a week of waiting for the ticket reply i finally get answer along these lines
"We sent the seeds, and if they didn't arrive it's not our fault. Being that this is your first order, we will sent your order again"
I never received anything from them so far.
About the same time i ordered Satori from one small seed bank in NL and within 8 days i got my seeds.

I can't claim that Nirvana is scamming people, but i had bad experience with them and will not be ordering from them again.

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey festivus
Are you the guy that posted YT video of Jack Herer in working freezer?
That's great stuff... thinking of doing just that... only im little worried about CO2 poisoning lol :D
About Nirvana... don't get me started on them...
My first order from them was WW, Indoor Mix and AK47 which never arrived.
So after a week of waiting for the ticket reply i finally get answer along these lines
"We sent the seeds, and if they didn't arrive it's not our fault. Being that this is your first order, we will sent your order again"
I never received anything from them so far.
About the same time i ordered Satori from one small seed bank in NL and within 8 days i got my seeds.

I can't claim that Nirvana is scamming people, but i had bad experience with them and will not be ordering from them again.[/quote]

Yeah, I did the "Jack Herer Is In My Fridge" video that was on YT. I dropped my YT account because I got tired of them muting my soundtracks for copyright infringement. The Jack/Jock produced a purple pheno that seemed to taste better than the others.

I've lost a couple of Nirvana orders to what use to be Customs (now Dept. of Homeland Security). Nirvana's old stelth shipping was terrible. They've since made dramatic improvements (the mantra from their site- "Don't talk about the stealth, man!") lol

My complaint with Nirvana is that they don't replace missing orders, probably because of the low cost of their beans. The last time they told me in an email "That's the shit for you and for me".

CO2 poisoning isn't a problem as long as I don't over-do it. It actually takes very little co2 to charge the cell. I've been using the same tank for 2 years now.

idontsmoke

Hey Festivus,

Do you use some kind of automated CO2 delivery system of do you just open the tank valve few times a day?

idontsmoke

Update time

Update time

Dunno why forum wont let me edit my previous post.. something about security token....

Anyway, here is the group shot of the plants @ day 15.

I did a little bit of LST on two biggest plants.
Here they are from the top.

Plant 1

Plant 2

I am simply amazed by Mandala genetics. These plants are gorgeous!!!

One question for anyone reading this: I want to make bonsai moms from them so is it too early to top the two biggest plants? :1help:

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Festivus,

Do you use some kind of automated CO2 delivery system of do you just open the tank valve few times a day?

I open the tank valve a quarter turn for about 2 seconds, once per day (or after every time I open the door).

bengie187

Loving the fridge idea.....Thinking id almost do want to try that as a new grow cab.....but im gonna hve to get better a the growing part first.....

Wiching fat nuggs to ya

idontsmoke

Hey Capn and bengie187

My old fridge is long dead, and new freezer arrived just few days ago.
Turns out the seller gave me the wrong dimensions...
Originally he said it's 24"Wx22"Dx50"H, but turns out it's more like 18"Wx18Dx43"H.
I may get some time today to remove compressor and all the cooling stuff from the inside, and will see what to do next.

My goal is to keep everything inside the fridge... that means, veg, flower and utility chamber. 12" carbon scrubber hanging behind the freezer is not exactly definition of stealth. :noway:
I got a couple of ideas for now... vertical scrog maybe...
Shure thing is im gonna separate the freezer in 2 compartments.
Lower one will be for moms and clones with dimensions 18"Wx18Dx15"H and the rest will be flowering chamber.

Gutting the fridge is not an option for now.

Will have more pics of the freezer latter.

For now just these two:

First one is group shot of the laundry basket veg area from today.
picture.php

And this is weird looking runt:
picture.php

This one looks like it topped itself because those first two leaves are looking like that for 3-4 days now and it's starting side shoots.

Latest posts

Latest posts