What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150w HPS, fem Jack Herer, ScrOG, organic soil

Elucka

Something happened after last time! :biggrin:
Planning to harvest in week. Maybe couple of days more light and then couple of days in totally darkness, then harvest. Tasted it and high is really good and energetic. Potent stuff, I love it! ^^

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

grouchy

It doesn't look like it is done yet. Have you checked the trichomes with a microscope? I bet it is just getting ready to pack on all of it's weight. Maybe flush for a week or more than lights out.

Elucka

Maybe you are right. It's pretty hard to know when to harvest with my little experience of growing. I've tried to look trichomes from macro pics by zooming but can't see them very well, maybe I should buy some cheap microscope.
Thanks very much for opinion, I will listen the wiser and try to keep my fingers out of this lady for one week more and check again if it's enough or not ^^

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you flipped when you said you were going to, today is day 68 of flowering.

I wouldn't judge the ripeness by the buds closest to the light, like the third pic. You can see it's still throwing new hairs out because of the high light intensity it is receiving. I've seen that on more sativa leaning strains that get too close to CFLs in mine and others grows.

I would look more at the outer buds that are away from the light when trying to judge ripeness than I would look at the buds real close to the light.

I agree with the others that another week would be good. I think that large cola will keep throwing out new hairs til you chop it.

Elucka

Week has gone and today I decided to redeem my prize, so lady is down now!
Hanged fruits to the scrog upside down, let them be there for a while. Then curing to the glass jar. Can't even wait..!
Yield wasn't the best but I'm happy. I believe that it could be better easily with more nutes in flowering. Actually I have given only water for maybe month now. Don't know why but this was great lesson for me. Still I got healthy plant and she carried some nice flowers, they weren't massive but they were good flowers. To me from my lady. I can also be quite sure that there is not very much nute flavours in my bud! :D Anyways next time I'm going to feed to the end. Of course with flush but not one month long..

I guess yield is gonna be somewhere around 20-30 grams, I think that's realistic. And enough. But I don't mind if it's over.. ^^

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pics?

Month flush isn't too long, depends how you feed. If you have nutes in your soil and only feed water, how long is the flush?

Elucka

Month flush isn't too long, depends how you feed. If you have nutes in your soil and only feed water, how long is the flush?

Well yea you are right but seems that my soil didn't have enough nutes to make biggest possible buds. There was still some potential left with more nutes I believe. All I gave for flowering nutes was some bone meal to the top of the soil and I was afraid if it stays on top for long time and I add it like every second watering, there could be too much of it at the end of grow and it slows down the ripening. Next time I'll mix some bone meal to the soil and give only horse manure as a tea. Or mix all together at the beginning.

picture.php

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice harvest!

Keep in mind that bone meal takes a long time to break down and is available for a while in the soil.

Elucka

Fruits are pretty much dry and weight seems to be about 35 grams. Not much but it's something. Flowers are not so dense as possible because of too little fertilizing at flowering I believe. Anyways taste is pretty good and high is potent so I don't complain. Learned a lot and next time I'm surely going to beat this one easily ^^

picture.php

orangetiems

My 2 cents.

Add a reflector and put the tube on some type of height adjustable system so you can keep the bulb closer when the plant is shorter.

Elucka

My 2 cents.

Add a reflector and put the tube on some type of height adjustable system so you can keep the bulb closer when the plant is shorter.

Maybe next time I buy/make/find some kind of reflector. But this size cabin did it well enough without, it's so small that light is pretty intensive everywhere :)

Nice harvest! What's up next?

Thanks!
I wish summer welcome! :tiphat:

picture.php

Hi, Elucka!
Have been watching your grow – it’s nice! Nice box, nice plant, nnnice scrog, nice harvest!
I’d agree with orangetiems – a batwings like reflector can help to have better light on the sides + rise its intensity. But with a 150w hps in that small space you can afford not to bother )). Though, it could make your gpw ratio higher and cost close to nothing.
Gonna have some outdoor? :)
Are you going to post a smoke report?
Wish you good luck!

Elucka

Hi, Elucka!
Have been watching your grow – it’s nice! Nice box, nice plant, nnnice scrog, nice harvest!
I’d agree with orangetiems – a batwings like reflector can help to have better light on the sides + rise its intensity. But with a 150w hps in that small space you can afford not to bother )). Though, it could make your gpw ratio higher and cost close to nothing.
Gonna have some outdoor? :)
Are you going to post a smoke report?
Wish you good luck!
Thanks for your interest! :tiphat:

Have some plans for summer but not sure at all if I get anything to harvest. I have some experience from last summers but always had some problems. Now I'm giving my best and going to nail it! :biggrin:

What comes to smoke, I love it! Also one friend said that it's really uplifting and I agree that. Especially when vaporized high is really clear, energizing and inspirational, it always makes me want to jam with my guitar and do all kind of stuff. Still it also relaxes pretty well and if I take it late at evening, falling asleep isn't really hard task to do.. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts