What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
Hey guys, been a long time grower under the 150w HPS...they rule!

One quick question though...I've got 1 Bubba Kush and 1 Critical Mass going under my 150w HPS.they are in the 3rd week of flowering, too..is it okay to move them outside due to warmer weather? I would also be bringing them in at night to get 12 hours of darkness.

I mean, I wouldn't put them directly outside just yet...I would first put them in the enclosed porch which is nice and warm, and then outside in the sun after maybe a week?

dudin

Ooohhh nooo the extremely limited happiness that occurs when your wife wants to help out making canna oil and takes the wrong stash (seeded) mixing up 5 years of breeding. So now I have a big bag of Random X Favourite male = nothing.
Fuuuuccccck.

webecat

Ooohhh nooo the extremely limited happiness that occurs when your wife wants to help out making canna oil and takes the wrong stash (seeded) mixing up 5 years of breeding. So now I have a big bag of Random X Favourite male = nothing.
Fuuuuccccck.

Sorry Dude, that really blows.

dudin

Sorry Dude, that really blows.

Bro I cried then I puked. Took a joint and a 2h walk.
It sucks ass.

Edit: I still feel ill when I think about it. It was years of selection and many of em was just my own to grow and enjoy to my own preference. My kids ffs.

Last edited:

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:

OK folks, here we go..... This old timer is looking for a drop of assistance and direction as I step outside of my comfort zone.

I want to try something new in the grow cabinet. I'm specifically looking for a Feminized Seed that is both Auto-Flowering and produces a Shorter Compact plant. Other than that, I'm fairly open to try anything. I would have surely preferred clones, but they are all but impossible to acquire here in the People's Republic of New Jersey.

So hit me up with some suggestions of WHAT and WHERE I should buy. I think it goes without saying, but please don't suggest a vendor unless you have used them yourself and had an enjoyable and smooth transaction. And if you yourself have something to offer, and live somewhere in the Garden State, drop me a P.M.

Thanks in advance, PD

:rasta:

Cannakidd

Quick question for you guys. I ended up vegging too long being I took my time finishing flowering cab. And now that I'm a week or two into flower it is WAYYY over crowded in there. Should I tough it out and hope stretch stops yesterday... any and all help is appreciated

dudin

Quick question for you guys. I ended up vegging too long being I took my time finishing flowering cab. And now that I'm a week or two into flower it is WAYYY over crowded in there. Should I tough it out and hope stretch stops yesterday... any and all help is appreciated

Defoliation + supercropping is your friend.

@jerzu19 Nice looking buds. I picked up a used 250 this week, going to start small and maybe supplement with some ebay leds for side lighting.

dudin

@jerzu19 Nice looking buds. I picked up a used 250 this week, going to start small and maybe supplement with some ebay leds for side lighting.

PLL tubes are perfect and cheap. Puts out almost as manny L/w as a 150w HID ( and you will not be scammed).

Cannakidd

Thanks for the advice regarding Defoliation. It has really helped in more ways than originally thouhht. Going into it I was skeptical bit imho it works wonders.This is her at 5-6 weeks what do you think ?

Attachments

• 20160527_233353.jpg
    20160527_233353.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 23

dudin

Thanks for the advice regarding Defoliation. It has really helped in more ways than originally thouhht. Going into it I was skeptical bit imho it works wonders.This is her at 5-6 weeks what do you think ?

Hey try defoliation when they are at their third node and repeat a few times. Bushy as hell and it keeps em low.

willy bibbit

ICMag Donor
150 watts hps

150 watts hps

hello 150 watts hps-lovers !

elev8 gorilla glue #4 fem
12 days old here
in veg 24 hours of light a day .
there is no night here at willies

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

night is a waste of light !!!:woohoo:

willy

dudin

Perpetual sog 12/12 from seed. 220w PLL 2700-9500k, 150w HID dualspectrum.
16 plants bottom feeding two trays.

Edit. Boom 26c. Nailed it.
2ro6m4l.jpg

Last edited:

dudin

Why is this thread so dead? I mean as a pretty ordinary smoker I get loads more then I can smoke from 150w HID.
I think it's the perfect w for one person to stay stoned when not working. Enough to build up a descent stash and not be forced to smoke shit that wasn't all that.

Why so little interest? I think some of the results from these beasts are amazing.
I have been here a few years.. still don't get it.
150w Rocks.

Edit: come on and show us pics your pics fellow 150watters.

willy bibbit

ICMag Donor
gg#4

picture.php

i agree with you dudin
there are not many people left in this section .
150 watts hps is da bomb.
i think many people go for led these days .
to bad i think .
:woohoo:

atk7

I'm in on the 150 HPS . It also gives me all I need. If it aint broke don't fix it. :biggrin:

Last edited:

dudin

If you guys ever want to up grade. Look at those PLL/s. Almost same L/W as 150w HID.
PLL + 150w HID is a love story. Cheap shit from eBay.

dudin

gg#4

View Image
i agree with you dudin
there are not many people left in this section .
150 watts hps is da bomb.
i think many people go for led these days .
to bad i think .
:woohoo:

I think LED sucks. The distance from plant to light is way to long. They are worse then HID cm/w.
I bet they are good if you have no limit in height othervise just as a supplement or to get certain effects (extremely short distance between nodes etc).
PLLs + 150w HID is really cheap and super effective. No need for 45cm distance from plant to light.
I fancy looking at 150w grows, really have to have a plan to make it great and most of us do.
You get skilled after a while with your beast aka 150w HID.
(Yes I'm stoned 99Fire)