What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
How often do you guys change your bulbs out?

I have been doing it about every 2 10 week flower cycles.

Just wondering when you guys change yours.

darkvade420

How often do you guys change your bulbs out?

I have been doing it about every 2 10 week flower cycles.

Just wondering when you guys change yours.

you know what dam good question man :tiphat:
i was going to ask the same question. im still using my first bulb i got with my sun system i think im on my 4-5 th grow and im not sure anyone knows let me know too .:woohoo:

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
you know what dam good question man :tiphat:
i was going to ask the same question. im still using my first bulb i got with my sun system i think im on my 4-5 th grow and im not sure anyone knows let me know too .:woohoo:
Haha you've had that for a while! Since you birthday right?

I grew for a year as a novice without changing the bulb and my bud was still much better at my last harvest then my first.

I would imagine the actual "Life" of everyone's bulbs are stated right when they bought them. However this doesn't mean that the bulbs will output the same quality of light it's whole life. This would mean that to find out, a grower has to monitor the activities of the bulbs (lumens, spectrum peaks and dips or K temp, uv) o determine if the bulb has met a threshold where it's remaining life is worth less to the grower than the expense of replacing.

I dare ya to try and make an equation out of that :p
BeL

darkvade420

Haha you've had that for a while! Since you birthday right?

I grew for a year as a novice without changing the bulb and my bud was still much better at my last harvest then my first.

I would imagine the actual "Life" of everyone's bulbs are stated right when they bought them. However this doesn't mean that the bulbs will output the same quality of light it's whole life. This would mean that to find out, a grower has to monitor the activities of the bulbs (lumens, spectrum peaks and dips or K temp, uv) o determine if the bulb has met a threshold where it's remaining life is worth less to the grower than the expense of replacing.

I dare ya to try and make an equation out of that :p
BeL

well its been about 18 months now .i need to take my ass down to the store and quit with the cheap ass routine lol.:dance013:

willy bibbit

ICMag Donor
alowa

in the beginning there was .......

picture.php

then after 18 days of flowering .

i had mogul and medium and there was not a differents in one or the other .
picture.php

greet willy

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
alowa

in the beginning there was .......

View Image

then after 18 days of flowering .

i had mogul and medium and there was not a differents in one or the other .
View Image

greet willy
Hey willy bibbit, what strains you cooking with here? Specificity the first pic, back right, in the smart pot.

Looking great for 18 days of 12/12, how long do you expect to take em?

Stay fly,
BeL

toastfighter2

Re: 150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

@budelight-although some will argue the fact that you can run 2 lamps with one ballast(check out the sunpulse splitter), but it is simply not safe(or at least cost effective to make it that way). It will fire up the lamps, but it will end up burning out the bulbs faster, which leads into the dangerous part of the whole operation, bulbs failure. Even lamps from the same batch, produced at the same time, run the same amount of time, will fail at different times. With one good lamp and one bad, the good one gets up the the full 300 watts, twice what it is supposed to(even more if it is off then turns on). This increases the chances of catastrophic lamp failure(do an image search for it) and trust me, that is something that you do not want to have happen in your garden.

dddaver

Veteran
I have let bulbs go 4 runs. I know the guru says change more often, but I didn't notice appreciable yield differences in later runs, but then again they were different strains, so, I don't know.

The guru says you won't see any decreases with naked eye, but my thing is, why fix it if it ain't broke? My yields were still good. Most bulbs say they'll last 50,000 hours. But of course your results may vary from manufacturers.

I think I only paid $13.50 for my last one. I AM cheap but more than that just I hate throwing shit out that is still perfectly functional. I still have an old 19" Sony Trinitron TV from way back in the early 80s, I think, that just sits in my office/junk room. Works fine, color still good, but no remote. But I just can't force myself to trash that sucker. Built like a brick shit-house. Heavier than hell.

Anyway, back at the ranch, I think your okay 4-5 runs unless you see big decreases in yields.

V

veclo

http://imgur.com/ZBBgpjU

what do you guys think about this plan? how many plants would you say go under the HPS,
i was thinking 2 and do a scrog around the lamp in modular screen

been planning to start this grow for well over 3 months now, new questions and solutions keep popping out every day :L

willy bibbit

ICMag Donor
elowa

budelight im cooking amnesiahaze x autoducks
and 3 nepjam x ssh
i think this has to flower for at least 12 to 14 weeks .

this vegetable is a autoduck and is a seedmother .
i crossed her with amnesiahaze x autoduck .
and i hope that her offspring is 100% autoduck .
but you never know with duchfootgens in it
picture.php

picture.php

the next round i will cross the autoduck with the orignal duckfoot (by wally duck) to get some phenoos which will grow taller .
and i have some intresting beans duckfoot x arne purple .
to get some color in it .

@;; bueno time that is one hell of a 150 watts scrog it looks great mate !

keep em green

willy

rootidec

Veteran
great stuff willy and bueno :) you both got quite busier ovens, even in respect to your great past grows, kudos! :)

About the bulbs, I'd tend to buy one every 2 cycles/6 months if I can, because I read so (it may be wrong/inaccurate I reckon - and I read of bulbs' running longer with no issues, while lurking hps grows, too)

I've used a sylvania for 6 months, now I'm using a GiB Lighting since after last summer.
I didn't change the bulb for decreased efficiency though, rather just to have a spare on hand in case of breakage (happened to killerweed31, that convinced me); and also because new bulbs are brighter anyway, so I thought I wouldn't be too wrong to spend 20€ for lumens for my 6 month's worth of stash.

I guess depending on cash available as summer approach, and mood, I'll switch back to the old sylvania or buy a new one. I'll definitely go with a new one if I notice the slightest decrease in efficiency/production or rise in temps, of course!

bye :)

dddaver

Veteran
Man Bueno, that looks like you got that baby DIALED. Good on ya! My cab looks similar, but not quite as....buddy? Almost, not quite. I realize yours is a tent, but my ghetto cab is set up like that anyway.

darkvade420

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Here is what i got going on the bushy plant is blue widow tossed it into flower the same day i got it from the store cause im runnin low on the home grown.the plant in the flourecent room is my mother plant regenerated.her off spring that i got to sprout was a male.so i plan to repollenate with a male made from her ..
Everyones grows are looking great ! i also have a durban poision clone just starting out thats not in the above pic.

darkvade420

elowa

budelight im cooking amnesiahaze x autoducks
and 3 nepjam x ssh
i think this has to flower for at least 12 to 14 weeks .

this vegetable is a autoduck and is a seedmother .
i crossed her with amnesiahaze x autoduck .
and i hope that her offspring is 100% autoduck .
but you never know with duchfootgens in it
View Image

View Image

the next round i will cross the autoduck with the orignal duckfoot (by wally duck) to get some phenoos which will grow taller .
and i have some intresting beans duckfoot x arne purple .
to get some color in it .

@;; bueno time that is one hell of a 150 watts scrog it looks great mate !

keep em green

willy

i gotta say that sure did fill out nicely .:peacock:

dddaver

Veteran
I'm just wondering if anyone pulls there scrog screen after stretch but before finish? I'm thinking of trying that, trying to avoid busting some trichs and avoiding that sticky mess of untangling some of the buds at harvest. I have about a month till finish and have always left the screen in the entire grow.

I'm very impressed Bueno. Looks like our techniques are very similar. You're going to have a FINE harvest.

darkvade420

Day 41 The White & Blackberry Kush SCROG

View Image

thats looking great dude.hey i just bought some bags simular to those for my friends 1000w grow are they the 2 gallon? and if you had any troubles using them let me know so i can keep it going in the right direction.thanks. Also quick questin for anyone out there im vegging my friends garden for 3 weeks with the hps 1000w is there any reason why using the hps for veg wouldnt work ?:thank you:

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats looking great dude.hey i just bought some bags simular to those for my friends 1000w grow are they the 2 gallon? and if you had any troubles using them let me know so i can keep it going in the right direction.thanks. Also quick questin for anyone out there im vegging my friends garden for 3 weeks with the hps 1000w is there any reason why using the hps for veg wouldnt work ?:thank you:
Yup the bags this round with the scrog are 2 gallon bags. As long as you stuff them full they should stand up good for you.

Ive used 1/2, 1, 2, and 3 gallon bags like these just the cheap panda ones, they work as good as any pot as long as stuffed full like I said otherwise overtime the dirt/rootball will be smaller than the bag and when you water it will want to run down the sides of the bag and out the holes on the bottom making it a pain to water in that case but you can always use a tray under the bags and any runoff will get soaked back up from the bottom through the holes in the bags.

HPS is fine for veg it will be a bit stretchier than veggin under an MH but I think some stretch is good.

Latest posts

Latest posts