What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
no he didnt. he was in a rush and hes really a friend of a friend. thats why im backing things up with my own research. If im going to remote the ballast do i connect the ground coming in from power to the ground that i will have when i extend the socket cord. Or can it still be grounded to the hood? I know i read cpl pages back to be sure to have it grounded somewhere near bulb. Is this in addition to a unpainted screw in housing?

from the ballast housing to something metal at the bulb, like the mount, reflector, etc.

picture.php

You might want to inspect the ballast's power cable to make sure it's also grounded.

Got it done!!! here the little cheap rhood i made from the reflector that was in original.. It works!! Still lhot in there with 150 and 250 gonna have remote the 150. At least i know what im doing. Thanks again for all help guys.
power grounded

socket is grounded

the completed hood

400 watts

BlueGrassToker

matt, those wide leaf plants will stink at some point in time. Some will detect it from a block away...others will only know it's there somewhere when they enter the house.
:dunno:

darkvade420

Finally my pictures uploaded after 2 weeks of trying!!
View Image
White Skunk(rear left)-day 44
Purple Dragon(rear right)-day 34
Helix(front right)-day 13

i did some research on Purple Dragon since i did not know what the genetics could of been, and i came up with , Purple Kush X Blue Domina, has the structure of pk, and has the aromas from the blue domina. havent seen any purple coloring, not keeping as cold as it should be to bring out them colors. but her structure and aromas are beyond imagination, cant wait to see this lady at the peak of flower.:biggrin:
As for the white skunk , i think she has about 2-3 weeks left,calyxes are swelling nicelyy..
stay fligh 150 club!!:smoke out:
JC

lOOKIN DANK WHAT NUTES ARE YOU USIN?:blowbubbles:
picture.php

Here is one cut i took from the middle of the plant the ones from the middle have shown signs of grow in the roots the fastest its day nine from cut and they have been showing roots for about 3 days now.the tops havent shown roots as of yet but i can feel them in there im guessing the next 2 days and they will be visable along with the small cuts i took from the very bottom not showing signs yet either. any advise if the hid is to much power for these small barley rooted plants? Im soaking this rockwool cube right now.id really like to try hydro soon.im always super bizy and never have the time to sit there and build one.i know they are easy to make ...im guessing lol but this rockwool grow will come out purty nice if i studied up on this the way i think i have.
picture.php

this is the very last of the purple kush bud i have left it still smells super sweet and taste great i have 3 months left untill i get more.

matt, those wide leaf plants will stink at some point in time. Some will detect it from a block away...others will only know it's there somewhere when they enter the house.
:dunno:

My friend security is my number one Concern. Carbon filter , Inline fan. got everything blowing out of a skylight out of the 2nd story. Im up stairs. Two doors seperate my living quarters from bottom of the house so no one downstairs knows anything all they smell is the dank pot being burned down there..LOL

Matt
What kind of temp drop did you get after you separated the ballast?

Well its not really evident because i did so much switching around yesterday. but when i had the whole 250 unit and the 150 it was around 88 and today with the 250 remoted and the 150 in there too i was runnin 82. So 6 degrees give or take a degree. when i first turned both of them on when i posted earlier it got warm quick but then temps leveled off and i think i can go with all 400w. Tomorrow will be a wait and watch day tryin to fine tune so my temps dont get too hot

so i guess this means so long to the 150 club as im not a 150'er anymore. :tree:
thanks for all your help friends. and keep god's earth GREEN!!!

darkvade420

Got it done!!! here the little cheap rhood i made from the reflector that was in original.. It works!! Still lhot in there with 150 and 250 gonna have remote the 150. At least i know what im doing. Thanks again for all help guys.
power grounded
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=36403&pictureid=876892&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]
socket is grounded
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=36403&pictureid=876940&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]
the completed hood
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=36403&pictureid=876941&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]
400 watts
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=36403&pictureid=876942&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]

them leafs wont look so droopy next week lol Good luck man .that new set up you have looks great gonna grow some beast colas im betting:)

J

J.C.grower

lOOKIN DANK WHAT NUTES ARE YOU USIN?:blowbubbles:

thanks dv. :tiphat:
I am using Floranova bloom , i really like the results im seeing , great aromas, and resin production. i recommend it.:ying:
nice looking roots on those clones:peacock: I wish i could root mine in 3 days..Have some LSD and Helix trying to root at the moment.lol.
good luck with your RW grow:blowbubbles:
stay fligh
JC

darkvade420

thanks dv. :tiphat:
I am using Floranova bloom , i really like the results im seeing , great aromas, and resin production. i recommend it.:ying:
nice looking roots on those clones:peacock: I wish i could root mine in 3 days..Have some LSD and Helix trying to root at the moment.lol.
good luck with your RW grow:blowbubbles:
stay fligh
JC
I THINK it took 6 days not 3 i wish i could get mine to root in three days too lol the cuts i took from the top took 10 days to show roots on the bottom idk if i should grow the tops cause they are larger or the mid cuts cause they rooted faster?
:biggrin:

J

J.C.grower

Ah! lol 3 days wud be so rad! i would say witht he mid cuts which rooted faster, i think this will be a very motivated plant and will grow quick and lusciously. try it out? :biggrin:
good luck

darkvade420

OK SO I DECIDED TO JUST GROW soil this run and not the rockwool hydro method untill the winter time because of work and being so bizzy........:tumbleweed:kinda sucks but ill live hehe.

krompir

Hi folks.So my 2nd grow is already in action :) .This time i added one 20w cfl next to my 150w hps. Here are pictures from day 31 from seed .Strains are ArjansHaze#3(Laos x Haze) and Kalashnikova(AK47 x White Widow).Same box 2ft x 2ft x 4ft , 2.1 gallon pots, organic nutrients.Next week im starting to flower them.

Attachments

• DSC04372.jpg
    DSC04372.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC04373.jpg
    DSC04373.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 9

dddaver

Veteran
Wow...just wow...good job BJT, I'm impressed. 95 days? Including veg, or JUST flower. Patience is a virtue...and produces some amazing shit apparently.

J

J.C.grower

loooking great Krompir! nice mod scrog. :tiphat:

great looking buds BGT!:respect:
95 days! that is quite the long wait, but looks like its well waited for.lol.
looks soo taasty btw.
stay fligh:joint:
JC