What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

darkvade420

i tried cfls once to flower and it was a huge mistake for me my weed tasted so bad and it gave me headaches lol.but i have seen people pull some nice weed with cfls!!i kinda think the larger plants definatley benifit with 4 foot side lights.all the lower nugs are complete crap on this larger plant becuse they had not enough light.I wanted to see the all natural style with this one. only thing we cut was two lowest for clones before flower.

darkvade420

Thats a good question budlight! im always wondering the same thing i normaly do it around week 6 cause most indicas are suppost to be 8 weeks but some times i think its to late some times i think its to early!:cathug:

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Thats a good question budlight! im always wondering the same thing i normaly do it around week 6 cause most indicas are suppost to be 8 weeks but some times i think its to late some times i think its to early!:cathug:
Wish someone made a sticky thread on it!

krompir

Here is mine bagseed sativa 1 plant under 150w hps, day 34 in flower.
Comments welcome

Attachments

• DSC03702.jpg
    DSC03702.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC03703.jpg
    DSC03703.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC03710.jpg
    DSC03710.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC03705.jpg
    DSC03705.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03706.jpg
    DSC03706.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 10

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:

When should i start flushing?

Here's my standard mantra on flushing....

If a plant is finishing on her own in the proper time frame, I don't bother to flush it.

If she seems to be lagging behind a bit, and I need to expedite the final week or two of gland production and color change, I'll move her over to H2O only with no nutes.

Here's the reasoning.....
When a plant is in the last stages of flowering, one of it's natural processes is to stop the uptake of nutrients. This change in chemistry signals the plant to complete it's seeding process. While most of our plants are not allowed to produce seeds, the same signal tells the plant to stop actively producing THC within it's glands. As a result the existing glands start to decay and turn amber. Yes, those amber trichs we all so seek are in fact decayed. By flushing all available nutrients, the plant is fooled into “thinking” its in the last stage of life. As such, you force the plant into it's final phase and can expedite the process of changing clear trichs to a rich brown hue. Of course, not everyone desires amber. Those that desire less of a narcotic couch-lock high will want a higher percentage of clear glands.

Likely doesn't directly answer your question, but maybe offer up a drop of food for thought.

J

J.C.grower

Nice looking Pk DV420! nice and tall! mine is LST'd so she looks a tad bit different, but damnn those buds look like they are gonna be dense! good luck:wave:
JC

J

J.C.grower

PK and SFV og update

PK and SFV og update

here is SFV and PK at day 34. my SCrOG screen fell apart, so i decided to take it out, i am deciding if i need extra support for the ladies. they look pretty strong though.
what do you guys suggest?

PK day 34
shes looking soo frosty and nice, smelling super staaankyy. supposedly PK is 8 week strain?? anyone know?

soo crystally!
SFV OG
looking really nice, nugs are filling out quite nicely. this lady is in a smaller pot so she pretty far from the 150 but looks to be doing just fine. i really dont know how long this strain flowers for , by the looks of it , 10-11 weeks.. once again, if anyone knows , help is appreciated!:tiphat:

I really like her structure!
will have momre updates coming soon!!
JC

darkvade420

here is SFV and PK at day 34. my SCrOG screen fell apart, so i decided to take it out, i am deciding if i need extra support for the ladies. they look pretty strong though.
what do you guys suggest?

PK day 34
shes looking soo frosty and nice, smelling super staaankyy. supposedly PK is 8 week strain?? anyone know?
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=34824&pictureid=847369&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=34824&pictureid=847368&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]
soo crystally!
SFV OG
looking really nice, nugs are filling out quite nicely. this lady is in a smaller pot so she pretty far from the 150 but looks to be doing just fine. i really dont know how long this strain flowers for , by the looks of it , 10-11 weeks.. once again, if anyone knows , help is appreciated!:tiphat:
[URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=34824&pictureid=847366&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL] [URL="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=34824&pictureid=847367&thumb=1"]View Image[/URL]
I really like her structure!
will have momre updates coming soon!!
JC
Hey JC thanks for the reply this pk was from dispencery clone so you just realy never know if they are selling you what the lable says"!! but its sure not purple as of now lol but i plan on flushing with cold water to help bring on the purple. it also is lacking major triches devolpment i kinda think its cause we used techna flora on this strain instead of some higher rated nutes but the pk clone is going into the new cab as soon as i harvest this bush in a few more weeks and im going to load it up with advanced nutrients this run and see if that helps the triches and smell.

darkvade420

If a plant is finishing on her own in the proper time frame, I don't bother to flush it.

If she seems to be lagging behind a bit, and I need to expedite the final week or two of gland production and color change, I'll move her over to H2O only with no nutes.

When a plant is in the last stages of flowering, one of it's natural processes is to stop the uptake of nutrients. This change in chemistry signals the plant to complete it's seeding process. While most of our plants are not allowed to produce seeds, the same signal tells the plant to stop actively producing THC within it's glands. As a result the existing glands start to decay and turn amber. Yes, those amber trichs we all so seek are in fact decayed. By flushing all available nutrients, the plant is fooled into “thinking” its in the last stage of life. As such, you force the plant into it's final phase and can expedite the process of changing clear trichs to a rich brown hue. Of course, not everyone desires amber. Those that desire less of a narcotic couch-lock high will want a higher percentage of clear glands.

Likely doesn't directly answer your question, but maybe offer up a drop of food for thought.

Thanks for the idea pipedream i was always told if you didnt flush it would load up full of harsh smoke and burn in a bad way. but im guessing when the hairs all start changing its becuse the stems have went hallow and they cant take any nutes anyways?

darkvade420

Bonsai harvest this flowerd for 45 days all the hairs was red so i cliped it early i probley have enough to roll 3 joints when its dry lol.
picture.php

V

Vampire

Makes alotta sense. Thanks for explaining simply.

darkvade420

I really hope one of these 50 seeds i have sprouts some huge nugs.im sick of growing all this leafy hash plant crap i want to grow dank not leafs..:gday:

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Teach me once you've got it figured out! :D You are already doing great!

Peace & Puffs
Budelightttt

darkvade420

picture.php

picture.php

Here is day 28 of my bushy bush looks like a crap load of leafs .It was my last day to feed them big bud and i dont have any overdrive never used overdrive anyways anyone know if that is worth my time?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I think it looks good. Not all great strains are low yielders but many are. Usually they're dense enough to make up for some of the difference in larger, fluffy yields. If it's one toke shit as opposed to two, it'll last you twice as long,:)

I'm a fan of culling lower branches so the tops swell more. That said I like to keep as many fans as possible, especially if growing only one plant. Part of the bud generation process is photosynthesis and fans provide the most area of photon absorption.

Fans do multiple services for the plant, some of which we don't typically need indoors. Fans provide limited moisture and nutrients to the buds. Regular waterings/feedings limit the need for this feature. Fans also transpire waste above the soil line and absorb C02.

IMO, you have a good balance of light penetration and remaining leaves. Providing the optimum balance is always fun to tweak.

darkvade420

Yea i realy wanted to cut all them lower nodes but i just felt like edward scisorhands lol and i left some nodes uncut but if i grew this stain as a bush again id go nuts and leave about 3 nodel spaces up top and cut everything lower and thats the best way to grow this kind of weed if you want largest nugs.i have 2 clones from this plant and one from the purple kush and im regenerating a cut from the la con im going to grow the next batch un topped and much taller lolipoping everything to about 70% bottom and then grow three larger tops one pk and 2 from this bush strain and then im going to plant some new seeds and maybe mother my La Con Cause i kinda like the nug structer it has here was a pic from her momma la con from bag seed
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts