What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

GrowBox420

150W HTG enclosed ballast

150W HTG enclosed ballast

I read a little about people having problems with temperatures and their 150W HTG enclosed ballast systems... I went to a local glass cutting shop and had them cut a piece of picture frame glass($5) to my cab dimensions and I placed it right under the system and vented the heat from there and my temperatures are right at ambient its AMAZING! I also cut a piece of panda film to reflect the light back down and sorta diminish the amount of light up in the top so I can vent the heat out teh back.

I don't know if you can see in the back left hand corner there is a 125cfm PC fan venting heat out the back and a small one helping to push "fresh" air into the "system".....Hope this helps :wave:

darkvade420

one of my smaller plants at 5 weeks started smelling like must and mildew so i choped the bitch down 3 weeks early it was looking kinda like bud rot all the top hairs were crusty and redish at week 5.Good news is my binsai and my big bush seem fine :comfort:
picture.php

This pic was at day 27 but i killed her on day 33 !!

mmmcake

i have a question. i was cruisin homedepot the other day and was looking at bulbs. they had 2 different sized 150hps bulbs. anyone try or notice differences between the smaller and bigger?

darkvade420

i have a question. i was cruisin homedepot the other day and was looking at bulbs. they had 2 different sized 150hps bulbs. anyone try or notice differences between the smaller and bigger?

hEY There you know im pretty sure the smaller one is a medium base and the larger one is a mogle base they both put out the same lumiens so im pretty sure the only differance would be the balast:blowbubbles:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Rick's touting his home school accolades. He reports a small house in his old PA district but lives in a posh DC suburb McMansion. Then his poor little school district in PA has to give him $70k to home school his kids. And his wife's a stay-at-home mom. What a fucking sponge.

gave almost 1% of his nearly million dollar salary to charity. how special. That's like running up a $100 dollar bill at a restaurant and tipping the server 99c. :D And Rick supports paying restaurant workers even less!:yoinks:

mmmcake

hEY There you know im pretty sure the smaller one is a medium base and the larger one is a mogle base they both put out the same lumiens so im pretty sure the only differance would be the balast:blowbubbles:

aaahh yes that makes sense. i didnt even think about that, thanks :tiphat:

Dr.Dee

hi icmaggers .... some pics of my girls a few days before cutting

Northern Light

Northern Light's clone

bagseed

my bagseed oil (very good but sadly little):

soon

J

J.C.grower

leaves curling

leaves curling

hey guys so two days ago i started noticing that some of my leaves started curling back, and i am not sure if this is normal or it is a bad thing. one of my suspicions is that maybe i added too much molasses( (1 tblspn/gal) therefore causing the leaves to dry up and curl.. i am new to this, so i may be wrong. but help would be really appreciated!:comfort:
heres a pic of the white katsu and her leaves. shes at day 24 of flower

:thank you:

also i wanted to throw in some nice frosty pictures of Day 24
Pure Kush

ahhh!:)
SFV Kush

this is one of the bottom buds, lov those trichs forming!

stay fligh:joint:
JC

darkvade420

picture.php

Here is an update on my 150w garden i have my bonsai on the left at day 36 and my bush at day 16 its buds are already bigger then my bonsai lol

J

J.C.grower

looking real nice darkvade420! that bush is gonna be soo nice in a couple of weeks, i cant wait to for more updates! good luck:wave:
JC

darkvade420

dam i checked my bush after 2 hours door was opened the whole time and now the fan leafs are drooping down instead of up they had water also anyone know why this could be happening ?

darkvade420

picture.php

ok here is a pic of what im talking about this happend nearly in front of my eyes looks majorly in shock anyone let me know im afraid this plant might look like a tumble weed before the morning .:thank you:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
IMO, it's got something to do with transpiration rates, otherwise everything is fine. Might have something to do with a temp fluctuation if not moisture related. Keep an eye on it but it's prolly fine.

darkvade420

IMO, it's got something to do with transpiration rates, otherwise everything is fine. Might have something to do with a temp fluctuation if not moisture related. Keep an eye on it but it's prolly fine.

Man i hope so i just had a plant get sick on 5th week and had to kill it and now this one starts looking sick