What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

blwd67

DB, you are the man lol

AP, that's kinda how I'm looking at it. Some is better than none, and now that I've gotten them out of plastic (and into paper bags) I am not as worried.

Should I be leaving them in paper for a while, or should I transfer to jars in a couple days?

I'm not expecting headies at this point, I'm just happy to have finally finished a grow. Can only get better from here, I recon.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Try the stem snap test. Stalks don't always snap like stems, they can hold more moisture. If it's ready for jars, you can prolly smoke a bowl.:)

piosh

hi 150ers , havent been lookin here for a while.
New box , same 2 150watters , new grow (pic from like few weeks ago)
picture.php

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Hey everyone!! Sorry I have'nt posted sooner but here's the results of my TW grow...
I got just under 3 o's...

picture.php

I had to make extra drying boxes..lol..wasn't expecting so much:)

picture.php

here she is halfway:tiphat:
picture.php

this was right before I chopped...

picture.php

and here is the next TW 1 week in to bloom...
Thanks everyone for your help!!!
I will take the hps apart right after this is done:)
take care!!

GrowBox420

Why are you going to take the 150w apart? I was thinking about getting the same system but if it is causing you problems I would like to avoid that, I saw a remote ballest hps at htgsupply.com for cheap would that be better?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
If you plan to take it apart......

e-conolight.com

150w HPS security light - ~$52 shipped w/ bulb

150w pulse start MH - ~$75 - will fire a 150w CMH bulb.

jpizle

BC,

Sweet lookin buds there dude. May I ask what size your cab is? Got a few of the Sunblaze strips also and trying to plan future cab dimensions. Was thinkin 26" length would give me enough room for the strip plus power cord. Your grow inspired me to add the T5HO strips to add a lil blue spectrum to the 150 for my next grow. +rep when it lets me

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
Thanks everyone for the kind words!! I'm keeping this hps just the way it is..I had heat problems in my house( furnace would'nt shut off) and temps were crazy but now alls good!!!
I have a friend who only uses those T5's from start to finish and he has incredible results!! The dimensions are 34 inches wide, 16 inces in depth and 36 inches in height..the 2 foot T5's fit perfectly with room for the cords...26 inches is perfect for you!!!
my thread is in the link below if anyone wants to check it out!!
thanks everyone!!!

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=183150

J

Jaeger

How many plants is it possible to grow under a 150W HPS and still get nice thick colas on all of them?
I'm thinking of a normal soil grow, and no scrog or sog.

The grow area is 140x60x60 cm.

jpizle

Jaeger,

I would think two would be about the most you could squeeze under a 150 without scrog or sog. I've got two females under a 150 now and it is hard to arrange light/plants to get good coverage of all bud sites on both. Goin 12/12 from seed SOG next time myself...

jpizle

J

Jaeger

jpizle,

So growing more then two won't give me a bigger yield, but just smaller buds on all plants?

jpizle

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but I would say yes cuz it would be real hard to get good coverage on more than 2 un-scroged plants under a 150. Seems like scrog/sog is the best option for smaller HPS's from what I've read.

jpizle

Depends on a whole lot of factors. I'm lucky to be getting anything with all the F ups I made along the way. Seems like the best 150 growers can get over 1 gram per watt. 1 GPW is over 5 oz. w/a 150. I'm on my first grow, 2 plants un scroged and it looks like I might get about 1/2 oz. dry of one and maybe 3/4 dry on the other. Just a guess.

jpizle

Pics!

Pics!

Alright borrowed a cam so finally got some pics for the club.

Bagseed, 8 weeks 12/12 today, one month veg, 21" tall, 1 gallon pot
Pro-Mix soil + perlite/lime. Harvesting in one week. :canabis:

Top bud. Lower secondary buds have been swelling for the past week.

My cab. Old gun cabinet 9 1/2" x 22" x 52" tall. Very ghetto. 105 cfm pc fan for exhaust up top out of the shot, 2 4" intakes. Have another plant in there with about a month to go. Pics when she gets closer. Pics next week of bagseed #1 harvest.

:pumpkin: Happy Halloween

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well I guess it is good bye to the 150 club and the fellow 150ers. I am building another much larger cab with a 400w digital ballast cooltubed and am currently letting my Dinafem Haze auto finish flowering while the other 5 plants veg under the 150 and will end up going into the 400 cab for flowering and using the 150 cab for vegging, starting seeds, cloning, and mother plants. It is going to be awesome! Thanks guy I will miss the club and it was fun!

I will post up some parting harvest shots as I have harvested the two white dwarfs and they are curing in jar already and chopped the blue himalaya diesel earlier today...