What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Hey all,

What sites do you guys suggest for getting seeds? I don't know which are safest, cheapest, etc..

There are many places to get 'safe' and cheap seeds. Personally, I would recommend getting them from someone who you think deserves your business for other reasons such as those who
facilitate this vary forum and what the leaders of this forum are contributing to beyond the forum and even cannabis. :jump:

blwd67

Aka seedboutique.com haha

But honestly they are great, fast, awesome customer service. I had my seeds in under a week (U.S.) and they were very prompt in answering my questions, no matter how stupid. I am not just saying this because they happen to run this forum, although the fact that they do should also bear weight. Unless you are looking for something specific that seed boutique doesn't carry, I wouldn't look any further.

I rep GN hard, no shame. Deserved.

GFORCE

hey folks new to the site as of today and i'm glad to find a group finally who like me and interested in growing with a 150whps setup . i am from the uk and thought i'd just show you a few pics of my current grow.

these are 3 GHS AMS clones taken from a very good pheno i had for my last grow.
picture.php

this is the chosen one under the scrog on it's second day of 12/12 . It has been topped , supercropped at the base of the stem to lay the plant horizontal and then i have pegged all the branches flat to keep it all level.
picture.php

this is a close up of the middle where you can see my pegging in action.
picture.php

this is it as we speak on day 10 of 12/12 as you can see it really loved having all the work done and is growing at a staggering rate
picture.php

i'm growing using a 150w hps and 2 36w pl-l's in red spectrum for side lighting . hope you all enjoy looking at the pics and fell free to ask any questions

GFORCE

cheers vintner , i've counted 75 potential bud sites on or around the scrog now so i'm hoping for a pretty decent yeild . my last grow was with the 2 36w lights and a 70w hps and i got 1 and a half ounces dry so it will be interesting to see how it goes

BC Chronic

Paging Dr.Greenthumb
Veteran
great work GFORCE!!! 75 sites...very impressive bro...
I know I flipped mine early but I did'nt realize how long 1 plant would take to scrog...I want some for my B-Day on Halloween so I got antsy...I do have 5 clones getting ready for the next grow though!!!
here are some pics at the end of week 1 of Bloom..I used BudBlood and in 4 days, pistils are already forming!!

picture.php

only 24 potential bud sites for me though...still very pleased...
picture.php

reaching for the lights...:)

here is my new clone/mom cab that I built this weekend..
picture.php

the outside..
picture.php

the inside...complete with a DIY micro-bubbler...
I'll be back soon with more pics..
thanks again everyone for your excellent help/feedback...

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
HELP

HELP

Ive got a question for the 150watt GURUS in here, i was directed to this thread by a good friend, so hopefully i can get some very valuable opinions and some help. First off by cab is around 4 square feet for so if my math is correct (Demensions of cab: 55inches tall, 32inches wide, depth 18 inches) Here is a picture of my current grow to help explain my situation...

picture.php

picture.php

You can see the intake about midway down on the left side of the highlighted with blue duct tape, this a 200cfm simple inline fan, at the top of the cab is a 80cfm computer fan used as an exhaust.

Here is a picture of how i bring air into my cab currently...
picture.php

Now for the question, as you can see in the first picture my sour60 plants are very tall and there seems to not be enough light covering the cab, the 30inch sour60 plants seem to be stealing it from the smaller plants just getting started(perpetual auto garden), also im wanting to make things easier by adding another light into this cab so i can raise an lower each light individually and not have to CONSTANTLY find whatever i can to raise the plants up closer to the light... Ive seen some cabs alot smaller than mine that fit 2 150s with no problem, this is what i would like to do, the alternative would be a t5 light(10000 lumens), which i would rather not go with if a 150(16000) will be the best. The reason i had to break down and buy the 200cfm intake fan was because the single 150watt light was creating too much heat 85-95 degrees on a hot day, so from my experience 150s do produce a decent amount of heat, not compared to bigger bulbs but still a decent amount...Right now my temps are pretty stable at around 75-82... So i wondering what you guys think...do you think i will be able to slide another 150watt hps right next to my existing one and not have to worry about heat? Or do you think i should take the safe route heat wise and go with the t-5, any and all help will be wonderful! Thanks in advance and cheers!

GFORCE

20/4 i would recommend going down the scrog route to anyone growing with a 150w or any light for that matter as it had the potential to give you up to 4 times the amount of bud you would get off a normally grown plant. after spending a lot of time looking at grows of all different sizes using different methods i came to the conclusion that in a small space using a combination of super cropping , topping and lst'ing was the way to go to get the maximum out of a plant . I vegged my current plant until it was roughly 14" tall before i topped it , i then placed it under my scrog that was set at 18" above floor level . to do this i gently bent the plant about an inch from the base until it was horizontal and attached several oz's of fishing weights to the top to keep it level. once this has been accomplished I then set about pegging all the main branches down to the same level as the main stem. the plant was then vegged for a further 2 weeks to allow the develop branches from the now fully exposed leaf nodes (this is where the topping is helpful as it causes more bushy vigorous growth ). after the 2 weeks the plant is then flipped to 12/12 and as you can see the scrog was 90% full within 10/11 days of the flip , by using this combination i hope to achieve from one plant what a lot of people would from growing several in the same space . I have also built a veg cab of roughly the same size with a removable tray and attached scrog so i can have another plant sitting ready to slide into place when the first is ready for harvesting . hope this gives you all so insight into my methods and maybe some ideas that you can translate into your own grows

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Thanks for the scrog info, i have a few times thought about doing scrog, im currently practicing some lst, which seems the route i should have went with ALL of these s60 plants as they are so tall. Also, i dont grow full season 12/12 plants currently only autos...And i run them in a perpetual fashion, so to keep a scrog screen going above so many plants would be loads of work for me and i dont have a serperate grow space where i can put the younger plants...

My question is for the 150 gurus that know how much heat they can produce in a small space, and if my air circulation is good enough to get another 150 in my cab without producing so much heat...

150 watt gurus please help

View my question on the previous page at very bottom..... post #7230

:wave:

blwd67

I am pretty sure your intake and exhaust are backwards. Really not to much need for active intake, and certainly not one with a fan that's over 2x the cfm of your exhaust. They intake=2exhaust refers to a passive intake where you would say cut two four inch intakes for your single four inch exhaust with fan. You've created a pretty high pressure cab, Air is not circulating nearly as well as it would were you to use that inline as exhaust.

Agreed and with the inline as an exhaust there shouldn't be much need for an active intake.

-S.E.

I am pretty sure your intake and exhaust are backwards. Really not to much need for active intake, and certainly not one with a fan that's over 2x the cfm of your exhaust. They intake=2exhaust refers to a passive intake where you would say cut two four inch intakes for your single four inch exhaust with fan. You've created a pretty high pressure cab, Air is not circulating nearly as well as it would were you to use that inline as exhaust.

blwd67

You could then use that pc fan to blow directly across your light, so I think there is the answer to your question.

Agreed once again which could allow him to run that secodary light with not much trouble. If any of this is to be done however the inline as exhaust should move as close to the highest point of the cab as possible to skim off any heat generated while still venting the grow and that mini axial fan could help dissipate some of that heat to be again pulled away by the exhaust. But then I'm just elaborating on blwd67's good vibes. Take care guys and happy growing.

-S.E.

You could then use that pc fan to blow directly across your light, so I think there is the answer to your question.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heres a pic of a lil lower bud I harvested off of one of me White Dwarf Fems. On the day it was cut off the plant was 54 days old from seed. It really is amazing how fast these autos grow. Bud weighed 10 grams wet. Anyway heres the pic...

http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=22360&pictureid=473040

I dont know why I cant figure out how to post pics or maybe I dont have enough posts not sure...? I always get a red X when I try to use IMG tags.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Thanks for the replies, but check this out and see if this makes since, i was using the the bigger fan as an exhaust, and computer fan as intake, and my temps dropped from 90 or so to around like 86 tops( i was very upset because i just dropped 70 bucks on the fan to fix the heat problem...also at the time i had a computer fan blowing across my bulb. So it didnt do jack for me, so i sat down and though maybe if i switch the two fans (bigger one as intake, computer fan as exhaust) it will drop the temp, so i tried it and waaalaaa, temps were down to the 75-80 tops which i was very excited about... Right now i dont have heat problems AT ALL, i was just wondering if it would be possible to add another 150watt light next to mine without changing the overall temp too much and if i should go with a t5 which would be alot cooler instead....Thanks again!

blwd67

Weird... I use the 'go advanced' then 'insert' under my photos in the bottom right. It will open a new window with your albums, click on any picture and it will insert a thumbnail.

It's possible and both are going to generate heat. The t5 might generate just as much from the ballast if kept inside the grow area. If you do have any heat problems modification of the venting or adding more venting could help the heat problem. It seems to me your previous setup might not have been working at full efficiency to make a real effect. Positive air pressure inside is nice to bring in air but I myself prefer negative air pressure inside as IMO it seems that less of the same air is recirculated thru the same space. With a negative pressure scenario you can't have anything impeding or hindering its abililty to draw air out of the cab by hindering a passive intake. With a 200CFM inline set at exhaust at the top of the grow space closest to the bulbs as possible you also at least need a passive intake of same square area as the exhaust tho the larger the better. If you don't wanna go that route IMO you're gonna have to invest in more fans or deal with what you've got. Any light will generate more heat even L.E.D.'s though in varying amounts. You need a surefire venting setup to get you thru your heat and circulation troubles. I've seen 600w setups with only a 250CFM inline running at 75-77F. It sounds pretty out there I know but it's possible with enough know-how.

lend us some more details or concerns and we might be able to help further if we've been any at all.

-S.E.

Thanks for the replies, but check this out and see if this makes since, i was using the the bigger fan as an exhaust, and computer fan as intake, and my temps dropped from 90 or so to around like 86 tops( i was very upset because i just dropped 70 bucks on the fan to fix the heat problem...also at the time i had a computer fan blowing across my bulb. So it didnt do jack for me, so i sat down and though maybe if i switch the two fans (bigger one as intake, computer fan as exhaust) it will drop the temp, so i tried it and waaalaaa, temps were down to the 75-80 tops which i was very excited about... Right now i dont have heat problems AT ALL, i was just wondering if it would be possible to add another 150watt light next to mine without changing the overall temp too much and if i should go with a t5 which would be alot cooler instead....Thanks again!

GFORCE

took this pic late last night and though you all might like to see an overhead view of my scrog , you can see the 2 pl-l fluros i have at scrog level for suplimentary lighting and just how many bud sites i have . this pics was taken at the start of day14 since switch to 12/12 . spot the bub sites lol.
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts