What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

tolker

this is a pic of the fan rite below the lights

picture.php

727JoN

haha thanks:thank you:

im sure you'll do a great job and surpass your expectations if you dont expect something crazy. mj is an awesome plant, especially when you K.I.S.S.:tiphat:

Tolker I want that big black fan you have on the right side of the cab. I've seen it elsewhere and I've searched all over for it! I hear is best quality is that its quiet.

-S.E.:bump:

727JoN

:laughing:

I'm more confused than impressed.....oh wait.
I get it now.

thats fantastic, as i wasnt trying to impress you at all.

sorry i left out the word 'indoor'. my first 'indoor' grow. i have grown outside for quite sometime but rarely even considered it growing. the mj plants always just did their thing and i never messed with them much. the indoors has more control, which is fun, but can get over-complicated if you let it.:moon:dbag.

and edit:..you really shouldnt bring up the FFOF debate, as you were clearly proven wrong in the thread "is ffof too strong for seedlings" where everyone said it wasnt..like i said. moron.

tolker

i got that fan at walmart for like 12 buck diff worth the money!i have to keep it on med because high wind burns the canopy.

blwd67

Man... A while ago I had a fan blowing across the top on high and was having so many problems... I ran the gamut of plant problems trying to figure out what the hell, but to no avail. Turns out I was just blasting the shit out of them haha

tolker

yeah it will burn them pretty fast i had the same prob never could figer it out untill the wifey said doesnt the wind burn them.DUH lol but med does the trick

727JoN

did the same thing with my fan. mine was a tower, but even on setting 1 it would burn the new growth unless i had it blowing into the side of the tent to slow the wind down a lot.

i have recently went and got some of those walmart fans(slightly smaller than the black one), for 6 bucks each.

TeaHateSea

thats fantastic, as i wasnt trying to impress you at all.

sorry i left out the word 'indoor'. my first 'indoor' grow. i have grown outside for quite sometime but rarely even considered it growing. the mj plants always just did their thing and i never messed with them much. the indoors has more control, which is fun, but can get over-complicated if you let it.:moon:dbag.

and edit:..you really shouldnt bring up the FFOF debate, as you were clearly proven wrong in the thread "is ffof too strong for seedlings" where everyone said it wasnt..like i said. moron.

I was simply quoting the comments of a noob grower that has been only growing for only 65 days and was curious as to how you could have a previous grow in such a short amount of time. Too bad your own words felt like convictions.

I do get a kick out of your passive aggressive apology followed by childish name calling…showing your sharpest skill set, I see.

What's even more funny is what your simple mind considers to be a "debate" that supposedly involved "everyone" and that there was a "clear outcome" to this said debate. Seriously how diluted is your mind if you consider those terms accurate? :wtf:

I said "the general consensus is that it is not recommended". I said this because there is a potential risk depending on strain and phenotype. The risk of burning with FFOF is well documented in by numerous people in many forums. If you don't believe me, try the search function on GC, RIU, ICM, etc.

I take risks with my grows because I have 3 keeper mothers and numerous seeds packs. I wouldn't offer reckless advice to anyone else though, especially someone new, which is why I didn't recommend he take that risk. Understand?

That's when you, an obvious FFOF Fanboi, became defensive. What do have to compare FFOF to? Absolutely nothing considering you haven't even finished a grow yet. Why would someone with little to no experience such as yourself make reckless recommendations to others? I first used FFOF in 2003 and have used numerous other soil and soil-less mixes since. My advice is built on years of trial and error, and yours? :chin:

I've wasted enough time on your pointless comments and consider this done unless of course you have something more intelligent to offer besides infantile word games.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Been lurking for quite some time here now almost 2 months probably and reading shitloads daily learning more and more all the time! I have completely read through this thread all 468 pages of it and it was very helpful giving me ideas for my 150 cab so thanks everyone especially Bulenath, Sugabear II, Pipedream, Discobiscuit, etc...geez everyone who posted helpful info along the way in this thread I know I cannot remember all of you.

I guess I will just give my two cents on the FFOF for seedling debate while Im posting anyway please dont ream me for it and it is just my personal very limited experience talking. This is my third grow and fourth attempt at growing.

Last one was a failed DWC (got the root slime two runs in a row).

My first two runs were in cheap ass probably Miracle Grow with the balls of death in them if I remember correctly (I was in high school and poor and dumb).

Well anyway I am growing 3 Buddah Seeds White Dwarf Fem Autos and 2 Paradise Seeds Belladonna right now they are in peat pellets and transplanted into the FFOF mixed with an additional 1/3 perlite. No signs of burning. I have fed them twice already with just under the recommended dosage of Fox Farm Big Bloom and blackstrap molasses made into an AACT kinda by bubbling it with aquarium air pump/stones. I have to say they are absolutely loving it and growth is similar so far to what I was experiencing in DWC before the the root slime occured. Definitely impressed. Plants are 15 and 11 days old today and they are all on atleast they fourth node and have decent branching starting at the nodes some already on their second nodes!

I cannot however attest to germinating a seed directly in FFOF and not the peat pellet. I dont know how the seedling would react when the taproot hits the FFOF coming out of the seed shell.

This is my first experience with good genetics (not bagseed) and also first experience with the FFOF. I will not be a FF nut rider! I plan to use only FFOF and FFBB for this grow along with Earth Juice Guanos and blackstrap molasses. That is it. Next run Im going to give a Roots Organics mix a shot along with my EJ guano teas Ill be making.

OK. Now that we have that over with for now.

I would like to post pics of my plants and cab but not sure how I should go about uploading them (anyone who helps me I would appreciate greatly) you can PM me on how to correctly and stealthily upload picture files so I can POAST in the 150 thread like I have been wanting to for almost 2 months now!

So thanks everyone and I WILL be an active participating member in this club.:jump:

M

m00nchild

The best way to post pictures is to use a picture-hosting website, like photobucket.com. Sign up for a free account, then start uploading. It's easy, I promise. Then, once you've done that, you just click on your picture inside of photobucket, then highlight the little tag, copy it, and paste it right into your post here at icmag.

Welcome!

TeaHateSea

Welcome Bueno!
m00nchild is right p-bucket is pretty easy. Just make sure you don't use your regular email or have incriminating photos in your photobucket account if you go this route. Things like your tag number on your car, photos of you hitting your Roor pipe with your face visible or pictures of your house....typical noob mistakes that will out yourself.

I prefer to create albums here on ICM, make the album private and then just drag and drop them to posts as needed.

peace.

I'm just glad to see plenty of other organic growers.:jump: In another forum I participated in for some reason it seemed almost frowned upon and taboo to use organics. Anyway call out my experience or me being crazy but never fertilize a seedling in the first couple weeks of it germing I've always had bad results. As for fertilizing it after then (around 3-5 leafsets high) you ALWAYS dilute your nute. Even if it has to be 1/8th to 1/16th strength always dilute until they're ready and don't worry they'll tell you when. Trust me I've been in the scenario of having to back off and bump up by miniscule amounts just to keep 'em healthy. Happy and safe growing to you all.

-S.E.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah when I said I was feeding them the Big Bloom (they are two weeks old and usually autos start flowering around 2.5-3 weeks from seed) so figured a lil BB for the dwarf fems would be nice ended up having left over and the bellas were thirsty too so I gave them some and they seem to love it trust me when you see the pics of how developed they are at this young age it is amazing really.

I feed them less than the recommended strength for SEEDLINGS. 4 tablespoons per gallon of BB is full strength, 1 tablespoon per gallon for seedlings and they have gotten ~1/3 teaspoon per 2 cups of h20 so just below recommended seedling amount and really a small amount is used.

I normally wouldnt advise fertilizing at such a young age but the life cycle of this auto is only 2 months from seed germination to harvest (plus or minus 1-2 weeks max). So 2 weeks old is 1/4 through its life already fertilizing early as well as flowering under 20/4 lighting while the Bellas veg in the same cab will help them maximize the short amount of time they have to produce the wonderful flowers we all love! (Chemical ferts at this stage I would NOT suggest but that is my opinion.)

I think most people overlook the autos and say how worthless they are. To me I think every serious grower who has the means (time, space, etc.) to try a couple should really do it. They are not the greatest things ever, however they are useful in some situations.

I said earlier my first two attempts at DWC failed due to root rot/root slime/brown slime algae whatever you want to call it. Well that put me behind a month towards my initial harvest date so to make up for it I ordered some autos to try. Popped some of them with the regular seeds so that they will start flowering under the lighting in the cab while the others are vegging. I could then get a harvest 2 months from seed and by sometime around 1-1.5 months or so from seed (roughly 2 weeks before harvest for autos) switch the lighting to 12/12 and just as the regular plants are hitting the flower stretch the autos will be harvested and there will be more room for the regular plants to stretch and fill up my space.

My space is small footprint only 21.5" wide x 14.5" depth INSIDE cab and with the PVC intakes there is roughly 15" wide x 14" depth of useable floor space for pots. With 2.2 sq ft roughly and using my 150w HPS I am at 68w per sq ft and with my 136w of cfls only (2 42w 6500k and 2 26w 2700k) I am at about 62w per sq ft. I like to add one 42w blue cfl in with the 150 HPS and that is roughly 190w of lighting in 2.2 sq ft or 86w per sq ft. Small cab but good ventilation via 6 2" PVC intakes and one 80 CFM Panasonic Whisper with homemade carbon scrubber (Bulenath STYLEZ!). Cab is also tall inside at 57" inside height but height from bottom of bulb to floor is 39". So roughly 6 cubic feet of usable grow space for plant growth and soil.

To free up some floor space I have been thinking about the darkroom louvers I see people use quite a bit then I can remove the PVC space hogs and have a decent floor space to work with. Just dont want to spend the money on them and have them not be sufficient enough for airflow, though I suppose I could always put a couple of the PVC intakes back in on the floor of the cab for some extra flow and still gain some floor space. Not sure. Once I post pics of the cab setup for your guys opinions and suggestions/constructive criticism, I expect there to be a solution developed in no time. :)

Thanks for the welcome guys! I used to surf OG back in the early 2000s when I was doing my first grows and I have to say this place has a similar vibe to it and I like it.

edit: Also just noticed it was mentioned that it is MAYBE ok to fert them at light doses after 3-4 leaf sets. They are 15 days and 11 days old and all but the runt auto have four or 5 fully developed nodes and the cluster of growth on the tip of the plants with branching starting on each node. Some branches at the nodes already have a node on them and working on their second sets of leaves so it should be safe to use the light fert doseage on these ladys and hopefully not gentleman. They are less than 4 inches tall and are super branchy maybe 1/4" between nodes and stem is getting fat the smooth lower portion of the main stem is splitting already under the swelling.

AcroPhobic

I'm just glad to see plenty of other organic growers.:jump: In another forum I participated in for some reason it seemed almost frowned upon and taboo to use organics.

-S.E.

That's because know it alls who think they are weed botanists use overpriced chemicals with Fancy labels and Clever names. Sad but true.

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Also thanks for letting me know about photobucket. I have used it before. I was mostly wondering if there was a need/way to remove any way of linking the uploaded picture/file to my IP address. I think I remembered seeing something about it but not sure if I am overly paranoid to post pictures...

TeaHateSea

Use an international proxy for added security and ICM servers are still in Amsterdam also I believe. Might want to double check though....

Photobucket servers are in the US, less hoops for Feds to jump through.

Use an anonymous email client such as Gmail. Remove all exif data from photos before uploading.

Most importantly stay paranoid and just be smart...