What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

zappa66

hey club members, just thought I'd pop in to show off my new cab, its a PC hutch from k-mart ($98.00) and it was the perfect size. Temps are a little warm 80-90f (thats summer for ya) but I'm stoping at home de-pot later to pick up some plex to put between the lamp and the plants.

1014572.jpg

got some lr2s in at the moment but I'll toss em back outside once my (affi x erdpurt) x affi beans pop:yummy:

using 2-3-1 fish and seaweed ferts at the moment, nasty shit, lol

just ordered my 150w mount and hps bulb, $28.50 on e-conolight.com, seems like a steal to me! i can't wait to get this cab running and see what it can do

i just switched to 12/12 for the first night i guess. i cant wait! i think my 150 watt hps is definitely going to pay for itself. Good luck FidelCashFlow

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Things looking good all-around.

Thanks to all for keeping the thread active, current, and filled with useful info.

Regards, PD

Trying2learn

got my 150W HPS set up in my closet. Just bought some pots and soil. Got my seeds in mail yesterday and 2 of them are germinating now.
Can't wait to pot them...
First time ever growing plants. Wish me luck guys...

definitely, good luck tryingtolearn. i got my 150 and seeds on the same day its my first grow to and so far no problems(hope i dont jinx myself). people tend to make things seem more complicated than it really is.
coonhunter its on, what are you growing strain wise? Its a race to the finish line!

KolorBlind

150w Mini Fridge Up & Running!!

150w Mini Fridge Up & Running!!

Hey guys, I finally got my mini fridge up & running. It has been about 80% ready for over 2 weeks and I have been very busy, hot, tired & lazy so not much got done till tonight. The main thing that was keeping me from finishing was the thought of sanding the inside and applying another layer or 2 of flat white paint. Well I fixed that problem by simply not doing it!

The makeshift cab I had all my plants in was becoming impossible to keep cool and even harder to keep out of sight since the doors had to be wide open at all times. It really cooked my plants a couple days and I let some of them go a bit too long without water. Some look pretty poor but most are bouncing back nicely. I noticed a lot of yellowing so I fed them with some 5-1-1 fish emulsion yesterday, hopefully they take well to it.

OK enough jabbering, on to the pictures. Here is a shot of the fridge after dragging it inside and hooking it up. I cut a 16" x 6' laundry shelf with a pair of bolt cutters to make a 16x16" shelf that fits wonderfully in there. I also rigged up a PC fan to blow on the bulb, and placed 2 thermometers inside.
picture.php

Heres a shot with the girls inside.
picture.php

And a top view so you can see more of each plant. The 2 larger ones on the sides are my 31 day old Diesel Ryders at about 17 days of flowering, the 3 in front and 3 in back are my 31 day old Apollo11/Green Giants that will be getting switched to 12/12 before long, and the 3 in the middle are my 9 day old Diesel Ryder seedlings. Two of the A11/GGs in the back may not make it, and one of the seedlings still hasnt produced leafs yet.
picture.php

The seedlings are roughly 11 inches from the bulb, and the 2 Diesel Ryder females are 6-7 inches away, hopefully I don't cook any buds at all. Im hoping the fan will keep them cool enough. Let me know if you guys think I should improve anything. If anything the speed on my exhaust fan may need to be turned up, but if I can keep it at 82F or less i will leave it as is. Thanks for reading!!! :)

Peace
KB

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
:rasta:

what kind of yields have people been getting with a 150?

Probably the most asked question we get around here. And I'm willing to bet the most asked question in any thread that touts any specific method of growing. The issue is....there are really too many variables to answer it without knowing a bit more info. For instance, some folks grow SOG, others grow SCROG, some are prepetual, while some are staggered or all at the same stage. Then you have to add soil vs. hydro and numerous other factors into the calculation.

I'm guessing that the best way to answer "what kind of yields?" would be to say "excellent once a system is dialed in." I know that's not what most folks want to hear, so in an attempt to make an estimate, I'd say an average of an ounce of trimmed dried bud per plant. Of course that number and its frequency can vary greatly.

:rasta:

Did you say 9 plants? i was under the belief that a 150 watt covers a area of about 3 sq.ft. or max like 4 plants maybe 5.

Kolorblind nice setup, i've had similar problems with heat. I've had to keep my closet door wide open to keep it cool.

zappa66

9 single cola plants in 2 liter pop bottles veged till they have about 5-6 nodes.

I grew some autos like this over the winter and had one pheno grow in a singel cola, got between 9-14 grams off this plant, say half youre plants are male, etc. say 1.5-2oz. If this is your first grow aim foe 1oz and you won't be let down...my :2cents:

Mr. Tony

Veteran
Did you say 9 plants? i was under the belief that a 150 watt covers a area of about 3 sq.ft. or max like 4 plants maybe 5.

Kolorblind nice setup, i've had similar problems with heat. I've had to keep my closet door wide open to keep it cool.

I'll be using it in a small tent that is 16" X 16"

loqurin

Joining da`club... Ive been growing 150 since august last year (when i first started growing); I had 3 small ones in another smaller closet, then i did one hashberry and one shiva outdoors, and now im with a new closet I built growing cuts form the outdoor ones....

Here are my first results...
In the "box": 2 shiva shanti, 1 Megaton, 3 Hasberry.
The two shiva + 1 small hasberry where cutted on Thursday. Next tuesday Ill go with the other 2 Hasberry + the Megaton

DSC_0365.JPG

All of them.
DSC00012.JPG

The reuslts fomr 2 shiva + small hasberry 80 gram wet = 2.8oz
DSC00012.JPG

DSC00013.JPG