What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
You can pay with a mail order which you can get at the post office or grocery store.

Or some sites take credit cards... It's up to you and what you think is safe..

Seems pretty simple to me for the benefit you will receive..

AP KUSH

Hey maryjane, depending on where you're at, try www.seedboutique.com... theyll ship anywhere in the US, and ive used them many times with no problems and never lost an order to customs inspection.

Definitely try to get a hold of some good genetics, theyll make all the difference in the quality of your plants.

Sweeet!

Sweeet!

Hey DiscoBiscuit, is your name inspired by the band? I think I might go watch them play this Sunday if I don't spend all my money by then. I hear they're playing three sets in Denver tonight and tomorrow and then another three here in Kansas. Should be awesome!

djbenzo, you'll also want the glass to be tempered. Although unlikely, regular glass can crack and shatter from high heat. But mainly I'd recommend tempered because, not only is it near impervious to high heat, it can take a lot of abuse. So if you accidentally drop it or something it's less likely to break.

The 150w has been treating me well lately:

bud001.jpg

bud019.jpg

bud022.jpg

Those are just some of the nugs, like maybe a third of the total harvest. I find this photo to be very beautiful:

bud017.jpg

Ooh lovely harvest Cosy. I checked out your Rubbermaid grow a while back - very impressive :jawdrop: Can you give me a bit of info regarding veg time, training, medium ect. on this latest grow. Thx, much love.:joint:

C

Cozy Amnesia

Ooh lovely harvest Cosy. I checked out your Rubbermaid grow a while back - very impressive :jawdrop: Can you give me a bit of info regarding veg time, training, medium ect. on this latest grow. Thx, much love.:joint:

Thanks for the props! This plant was a reveg to begin with, hence why it grew so big. I vegged it for 29 days and right when I flipped it to flower I also installed a screen (a little late, but it still helped a lot). Right in the middle of stretch I went to my parent's place for a week for Christmas. When I came back it had grown like 8" above the screen so I took it out. She's growing in 100% coco. The only nutes I have ever feed her was GH bloom, GH micro, and some epson salts.

TraneRek

Hey all,

How many watts is good to flower with? I bought some 26W 6500K CFL's today, but only have two sockets to put them in. So that's only 52W (for approx 4 plants). Think that'll be enough?

-Rek

Officialy a member!

Officialy a member!

:woohoo: Hehehe got my 150w hps and the ladies are loving the rays:headbange

The 3 are feminized Snow white.

Believe it or not the big one is only a week older than the 2 runts.

Growing in Biobizz Coco-mix with different % of perlite.

Veg lighting 125w envirolite (blue).

Veg time 4 weeks; 12/12 time so far 2 weeks.

Had bad calcium/magnesium def for start of veg especially for the 2 smaller ones. looking better now, but the large one in particular is turning out new yellow leaves - I'm still trying to pin it on something. The large one was accidentally topped :wallbash: but seems to have turned out for the better:rasta:

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 16

TraneRek

Woo! Got the majority of my cab finished this weekend..
I also bought some socket splitters so now I'll have 100+ watts for vegging.

I've still gotta drill some exhaust/intake holes, add the utility room up top, caulk it all, throw all the guts in, and it should be about done. I'll throw a few pics up when I get the chance.

Do you all think it's worth buying seeds first time around? I don't wanna spend money on genetics just to fuck it all up..

-Rek :rasta:

nah, doesn't work.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 9

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Cosmos.. you need to do this.

User menu -> Edit Options -> Under Misc Options "Message Editor Interface"

Change it from basic or standard to ADVANCED.

Did that help?

jalajaslet

150W HPS Bulbs?

150W HPS Bulbs?

Hello everyone, Please excuse this intrution into your peacful spot, I am generally not here cause I grow under CFL's and a 400wMH, However I ran across a GREAT deal on some HPS bulbs around here and although I am VERY VERY interested in utilizing them myself, I don't have the ballast required to operate them or the money to purchase one, so unless someone is willing to trade me a working ballast that i could use in flowering in exchange for some BRAND NEW Sylvania Lumalux 150w hps bulbs, I will attempt to get rid of them either here or on Craigslist, Below is the information I have on them... Thanks for looking...
Sylvania Lumalux 150watt High Pressure Sodium.
They are medium base E26,
clear,
Ballast S55
Lumes initial 15800, Mean 13400 per bulb, Mean Lumes measured at 50% of average life
CCT which I believe is the Color temp of 2100
Average Life Span 24000+ hours

I got 19 of them and figure I will put it out there for those of us here that might need them prior to listing on Craigslist.

I also thought maybe 150W was too low for most grwers, however I started thinking about those growing with a Lifeless system, which is enclosed in rubbermaid and thought those growers may be looking for a lower wattage HPS for a smaller enclosed place, so I took a chance and got them..... Then I saw the 150W HPS forum and wanted to drop a thread here also...

Pics

Pics

Out of interest, how close are people managing to get there plants to the bulb? I'm managing about 4 to 5 inches - I have no choice! This is 2 weeks in and they're still stretching. Can I top this far into flowering? And how badly will it affect yield?:1help:

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 10
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 9

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I wouldn't cut em. check out the LST and supercrop threads. They're methods of tying your plants down to keep em out of the light.

as long as your canopy temps are ok, 4 or 5 inches from the bulb is fine. the closer the better.

C

Cozy Amnesia

Supercrop 'em if the need to be slowed down just a tad. But if they're way out of control, you can pull the top down and tie it to itself, like a candycane. I had to do this a couple of months ago. In this picture, you can see to that have been tied down (their tops grew back upwards) and a supercropped branch in the back.

After trying both, I would recommend the "candycane" method. With suppercropping, it never turned out the way I needed it to. It would either be too much for the branch to recover or it would just piss it off and the damn branch would pop back up and stetch more than ever.