What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unless you have hosed it up somehow, I can't see anyone not taking the product back. Worst case scenario they may want a 20% restock fee.

OK, so get out the duct tape and get creative, OR drop another $100 and get the correct fan. Keep the old one and figure out how to put it to use as well.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
obviously I would if I could but I'm stuck with this blower since it's nondefective and I cannot afford another

I think those fans are special order and nonreturnable.

chook, go to the hvac supply and get a steel flanged collar that will fit the fan housing and the can. If you can't find exactly what your looking for, you may have to improvise. A collar w/o the flange will work by bending the tabs 90 degrees. If you're dealing with two different sizes with regard to the fan and the can, you may have to go with a reducer. Reducers don't have flanges but this can be worked around. Take the fan and the flanged collar/ reducer, whatever to a local weld shop and have the welder tack weld the flange to the fan housing. (The edge of a non flanged reducer can also be tack welded to the fan housing.) Tell the welder to tack every inch or so, the weld needs to be stong enough to hold the can. If he/she gets nosy, tell em it's for photo developing. You can use some type of sealant to fill the spots the welder misses.

I'm not sure what you plan to do with the other end of the fan. Give me an idea of your setup and we'll figure out something that will work.

Last edited:

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
you might get away with it w/o the reflectors if you use the small fan to blow on the hot spot. select short strains and don't veg long.

Ok, I'm going to give it a crack!

Growing out SweetTooth#3, which are mostly pretty stocky plants, so fingers crossed those will work out if trained early.

I read the thread on here about 12/12 from seed, and I'm tempted to try a few Silver Haze with this method - there are pictures of single-pot, baby SCROGs with Sativa Dom strains which looked like they kept pretty damn short.

phed

>___<

the e-conolights are now incandescent... that sucks.

i just sprouted in the veg box last night and was going to order my 150's for the flower box tonight, back to drawing board, ugh.

C

Cozy Amnesia

I yielded 2 ounces, but IMO that's no where near the potential of these lights. A quarter pound is the average I think.

phed, I'm in the same boat. I'm considering the $43 security light they offer, or I might just get a 400 watt from ebay or htgsupply.com or something. I don't want to leave the 150w club though :( .

killa-bud

Veteran
why not just get the 150 from htg? like 70 bucks shipped(i'm fairly close to the home store,so the shipping price will probley vary),its a lil more money but you don't have to do anything,just plug and grow....

Quazi

OG Kush x Trainwreck:
picture.php

Hello all you happy 150Watters!

-Q :rasta:

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Nice buds Quazi!

Hello fellow Club Members!

I just wanted to invite everyone to check out my thread featuring the 150w HPS! It is currently vegging some NL & BG from seed and we'll flip to 12/12 at the end of the month.

Details of my cab our in my thread... link in my signature.

:bow: Thanks to everyone here in the club for helping me design and create my cab :rasta: I couldn't have done it without ya.

jasonk

FINALLY got started, picked up a perfectly sized small drawer unit to veg in. It's a 22" x 20" floor area, 22" tall. Just over 3 sq ft of floor space should be enough to get eventually 1-2 small moms with babies going.

Still in the building process and have no pictures quite yet. How many CFLs do you think this area should have? I have 4100 K 23Ws, can't quite find any higher temperatures around, but still looking. Would 4-6 23Ws in an area like this be sufficient?

Once this is complete, the challenge starts with an outdoor flowering cab.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
thanks Quazi. It's pretty good smoke, nothing like the pot I got the seeds from. I now have three og kush x sd ibl seedlings in their first week. I'll get em in some good soil pretty soon.

Quazi

Hello everyone!

With the new forums in place, you might see an area in your signature for adding an image. I've created an appropriate image that was painstakingly reduced to the correct size that everyone can use in their signature if they'd like:
picture.php

To put it in your signature:
1) download the image
2) edit your signature
3) upload the image
4) input it in your signature (it'll appear like [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC])
5) put the code where you want it and link to the club by putting this link around it:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=20729

Anyway, just thought it'd be cool to identify ourselves as being 150W clubbers and help spread the good word of the 150W HPS.

-Q :rasta:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts