What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

C

Cozy Amnesia

e-cono light missing?

e-cono light missing?

Yeah you're right, our e-cono light is no more! I don't see the $20 one ore the $25 one. Damn, I was going to order another soon but I guess I waited too long.

edit: Google provided some answers (sort of) --
"RIU users cleaned them out give it a week or two so they can restock em."
"i heard they are not restocking that item, but are replacing it with one that screws into the ceiling for $25" :confused:

I hope it's just out of stock, I mean this is a great value that would be a shame to loose. The ballast gets a little hot but it doesn't hum too much and is reliable. Please tell me it will come back!

Photorikki

It ain't just Out of Stock!

It ain't just Out of Stock!

No Sorry-

They won't be coming back.
The guy there told me all about it. The web site said Consult Company because they were selling off what was in stock.

So I got the ceiling one for my second light and its just $5 more for the same thing. There is just one more piece to take off.

But I screwed up my bulbs and need advice if it was me or the bulb?!

I finished my wiring and plugged it in for a test and the bulb fired up like normal.
So I installed it in my cabinet-but then it wouldn't light!

I checked the wiring again, used a new bulb and it fired up like normal when I tested it again.
But when I re-installed it in my cabinet again, it wouldn't light-AGAIN!

So I did it all over with a third new bulb and everything was fine.

The first 2 times I plugged the light in for a test, I unplugged it withing 30 seconds of seeing that the bulb was working.
The third time I let the bulb burn for about a minute.
Do the bulbs need to warn up before you can unplug them?

Seems it wasn't good to unplug the bulb without waiting at least a minute or so?
Or are the bulbs faulty?

By the way-I've just started week 6 in flowering of Grape Ape and Pineapple and the buds of both of them have suddenly started to grow a lot.
One of the grape ape's leaves seems to be turning yellow all over.
They are all fed the same: Pure Blend Bloom with molasses added and everyone else is fine. Is the one plant needing something?

Thanks!
Peace out.

Last edited:

Photorikki

Yellowing Leaves

Yellowing Leaves

I took a pic of my plant with the leaves beginning to yellow.
I'd appreciate if someone more experienced could take a look and let me know if this looks normal? Thanks!

Here is the new $25 Ceiling mount e-conolight

C

Cozy Amnesia

Yes, yellowing leaves are completely normal for 6 weeks into flowering if you're feeding proper flower nutes.

And check out the econolight web site because I don't see any 150w HPS lights for less than $43. I better visit ebay before the demand rises.

edit: oh, and I'm a little too high to understand what you're talking about with the bulb not working or something. Sometimes there are demons that live in electrical devices that go away if you simply take it apart and put it back together again, lol.

Last edited:

Photorikki

whoa-weird!

It looks like they discontinued BOTH light set ups and are just selling the housing now!
I can't even find spare bulbs on the site anymore.
I just bought mine last week.

I'm calling them tomorrow in case there are any bulbs left in stock and I can get 2 replaced for the 2 new ones that burned out!

Bad news . . .

PS Cozy-I was in the hospital with amnesia once from a head on car collision. I had it for three days!

chook

what's up everyone? I am trying to setup a 150w cab. I bought a cabinet that is 48'' tall, 24'' wide and 15'' deep and have the ballast and a fan.I stupidly bought fan with no mounting brackets or way to mount it. I was hoping someone could help me out with this dilemma.

the blower is a dayton 2C067 shaded pole blower at 108cfm. If I can figure a way to mount the blower I want to get a can2600 filter

justanotherbozo

Veteran
hey all, just came from the e-conolite website and it looks like they have
indeed discontinued the 150HPS Vapor Tight. the bulbs are still available
but the fixtures are gone. you gotta figure too that if they got rid of the
fixtures they will almost certainly phase out the bulbs some time soon.

man am i ever glad i already have mine! no way we'll ever beat $20.00 bucks!

C

Cozy Amnesia

whoa-weird!

It looks like they discontinued BOTH light set ups and are just selling the housing now!
I can't even find spare bulbs on the site anymore.
I just bought mine last week.

I'm calling them tomorrow in case there are any bulbs left in stock and I can get 2 replaced for the 2 new ones that burned out!

Bad news . . .

Yeah, I'm bummed to say the least. I just hope I don't have to quit the 150w club because I may have to go find a 300w or 400w or something, idk.

PS Cozy-I was in the hospital with amnesia once from a head on car collision. I had it for three days!

Damn man. You mean you couldn't remember the last 4 days before the accident or you couldn't hold short term memory for the 4 days after the accident? I had a concusion once. I was awake, so I'm told, but I don't remember anything for a couple hours after words. I was all alone and people said they saw me stumbling around in a busy road, lol.

But my username was inspired by my excessive drinking.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
hey guys, if you do some lookin' you'll find that the bulbs are still available,
and for $5.75 per bulb i think.
also, you can get 150 HPS bulbs at Lowes and Home Depot, they just cost
more, like $20.00 per bulb! which is way cheaper than getting them at a
hydro store.
lol, also, that SunSystem 150 looks like a decent value but, with the ballast
built in like it is, you will either have to remote the ballast on it just like
we did with the Vapor Tights or you will have heat issues and noise issues
with it.

anyway, thank you Pipedream for starting this thread and for all those who
have posted in it, lol, i guess i'm gonna have to go back and read the
whole thing.

Quazi

hey all, just came from the e-conolite website and it looks like they have
indeed discontinued the 150HPS Vapor Tight. the bulbs are still available
but the fixtures are gone. you gotta figure too that if they got rid of the
fixtures they will almost certainly phase out the bulbs some time soon.

man am i ever glad i already have mine! no way we'll ever beat $20.00 bucks!
Wonder if they'll still take the orders from their catalog?

-Q :rasta:

foescan

This thread (as well as the Mills Pride Club) was instrumental in the design and construction of my cab. So much great info in here, I've read it in its entirety several times now.

I have a remote-ballasted 150w HPS from e-conolight. For $50 shipped it was a great buy IMO (purchased before the $20 model was available). Hasn't had an issue. I planned to attach an 80mm pc fan to the side of the ballast box, but while it gets warm the metal case is not especially hot to the touch. It's also elevated on cork pads and located right below the exhaust.

I'm absolutely thrilled with my results so far. Many people here say it isn't necessary with a 150w setup, but as you can see I'm using a cooltube, and I not only have leaves touching the glass, but colas growing over the bulb. I've actually lowered it slightly more since this pic. I don't think I could do that without a cooltube. So it provides some of the benefit you would get by growing vertically.

Thanks for all the inspiration!

picture.php

picture.php

And here a photo from this morning. Looking good!

picture.php

justanotherbozo

Veteran
Wonder if they'll still take the orders from their catalog?

-Q :rasta:

lol, i think we bought them all! sadly though, if they discontinued them,
then they probably won't honor the calalog either. i actually tried doing
a search on thier site using the model number without success. it's as if
they were never there.

it makes me wonder how much longer they will continue to stock the bulb
for a fixture they no longer carry. lol, i think i'll place an order today, do
you by any chance know how many bulbs in a case?

C

Cozy Amnesia

Maybe they realized that this one product is used by many cannabis growers and, however unlikely, they felt ethically responsible. If you google search "e-conolight 150 HPS" virtually all search results are for grower's forum theads just like this one, lol.

Photorikki

If you're having to use a cool tube with a 150wHPS you need to step back and take a look at your ventilation.

your are right about that!
I've been changing everything around and am waiting for two small fans to come in the mail.
I only really needed it when I added the 2nd light.

But I need more passive intake and was thinking of cutting 2" off the bottom of the side wall. Then put another side wall on the inside with the top 2" ( or even top 2') removed.
This will give me air flow and no light-correct?

(Actually I can do this right now using Panda plastic to create my inside wall that doesn't reach the roof.
I was waiting for $$ to buy foil venting to put thru the wall and bend to avoid light leaks but . . .)

Peace Out!

Last edited:

Photorikki

Cozy:
I could only remember a friend's phone number and my address and nothing else and I kept repeating myself over and over for 3 days in the hospital.
Then it went away-thank god!

I'd hate to forget that my Grape Ape is doing great as it ends its 6th flowering week.
Or that I've just started LST on one of two Bublegum clones that will be in my next grow!

Last edited:

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
Hey guys, I was hoping I could get a bit of advice from you. This is not my first grow, but it's my first in such a small space.

BOX
30"W x 19"D x 25"H
3.95 square feet
8.22 cubic feet

LAMPS
150W CFL veg, 150W HPS flower

FANS
147CFM 5" inline fan, 80CFM 5" AC case fan

ENVIRONMENT
Air Conditioning & Dehumidifier, intake air at 17-19C.

GROW PLAN
Stage 1) Soil grow from seed in 5 gallon tubs, mucho LST,low yield mainly to sample & select mothers
Stage 2) SCROG from clones using either shallow soil, or SWC

My main concerns are height, and heat.

Do you guys think the 147CFM fan (a quality unit) will be enough to keep the space cool, taking into account a suitably sized scrubber & a few feet of ducting?

Regardless of air temps, do you think 25" is going to be possible with a 150W HPS?

I do have aircooled reflectors, but it seems like an awful waste of height. Even without, I'm struggling to see how there's physically enough headroom.

Please reassure or discourage me as you see fit!

Last edited:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
you might get away with it w/o the reflectors if you use the small fan to blow on the hot spot. select short strains and don't veg long.

Latest posts

Latest posts