What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

zappa66

Finally some pics of my new 150w HPS cab!

-The inside dimensions are 25” tall 29” wide and 20” deep.
-150w HPS + 2 30w warm cfl = 210w
-Pani whisper 120cfm

I love my cab, its quite stealthy but a few kinks need to be worked out such as light proofing the passive intake, and some other minor details.

However I am sad to report on the performance of my Pani Whisper inline style fan. First let me say this WHISPER MY ASS! I use the box fan in the pic to cool the room because of the summer heat and the pani is easily as loud as the lowest setting. If the box fan is running the sounds meld together, white noise. The sound the whisper makes is not a mechanical sound but the rushing of air. I have the air being pushed through my CAN 2600 and it is still very audible without my box fan. It’s not really an issue in my situation but I was quite disappointed. Temps however are running 5-10°F above room temp so that works…

Anyway I’m germing 10 Critical Mass X Medicine Man(white rhino)
And plan to do a micro scrog sog…basically putting small scrog screens on my ten small pots.

BIG thanks to the 150w Club for all the inspiration!

Wish me luck!

C

Cozy Amnesia

zappa66 said:
Finally some pics of my new 150w HPS cab!

-The inside dimensions are 25” tall 29” wide and 20” deep.
-150w HPS + 2 30w warm cfl = 210w
-Pani whisper 120cfm

I love my cab, its quite stealthy but a few kinks need to be worked out such as light proofing the passive intake, and some other minor details.

However I am sad to report on the performance of my Pani Whisper inline style fan. First let me say this WHISPER MY ASS! I use the box fan in the pic to cool the room because of the summer heat and the pani is easily as loud as the lowest setting. If the box fan is running the sounds meld together, white noise. The sound the whisper makes is not a mechanical sound but the rushing of air. I have the air being pushed through my CAN 2600 and it is still very audible without my box fan. It’s not really an issue in my situation but I was quite disappointed. Temps however are running 5-10°F above room temp so that works…

Anyway I’m germing 10 Critical Mass X Medicine Man(white rhino)
And plan to do a micro scrog sog…basically putting small scrog screens on my ten small pots.

BIG thanks to the 150w Club for all the inspiration!

Wish me luck!

Awesome setup, very stealth. The "micro scrog sog" should be fun to watch!

I haven't heard what the pani whisper sounds like, but how does it sound compared to other fans of it's nature?

Last edited:
Cozy Amnesia - here is the picture I promised showing how I cool the lamp, also a few more of the plants and screens I installed on them today. I'm hoping that it will only be a week or two now until it's time to go 12/12 where the fun really begins.

Have you managed to make any progress with your cab yet or are you still in the planning stage?

C

Cozy Amnesia

Yeah man that looks like it would cool it nicely from what I've seen. I think I'm going with a cooltube though because my space is more confined. I haven't made any real progress other than just planing because I can't build anything until I move into my new apartment. I bought the rubbermaids already because I ran across them at walmart and they were just so perfect. Actually, right now they're helping me pack my stuff before they help me grow :wink: , one is full of closes and the other full of random junk. They hold a lot!

growDaddy

Has anyone done an ebb-n-flow system using a tube?
kinda like this one

here my problem:
I have a 150 hps and 4 55/250w cfls in the small grow space (2x3x7'). I think I have solved the water, heat, airflow, and ventilation problems I had.
But when I move a plant to the tube, it stunts it's growth, like tiny leaves and very little height but very bushy. I put a plant inside the room in the middle of the tube in a container, it grows wonderfully, large leaves, very healthy looking, and after a couple of weeks it's larger than the largest one in the tube which is 3 months old.
I water every 3 hrs for 15 minutes with good ph and very low ppm.
Any ideas what's up with tube?

Last edited:

tequila_sunrise

howdy yall, just got back into the game. So glad to find all the links at the front of the page, major help!!! I'll post my work when its ready

C

Cozy Amnesia

My e-conolight should get to me in two days, according to UPS. Just waiting till then...

C

Cozy Amnesia

Alright my 150 is setup and running! Some pics:

0812081807.jpg

0812081618.jpg

0812082234.jpg

0813080045.jpg

For more details of the construction and info for my grow, go to this thread:
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=96705

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Cozy - Nicely Done.

MrSkunkster - Welcome. Things always get a bit quiet as late August approaches.

tequila - we're counting on some good pic's and even better results. Keep us posted.

Regards to all, PD

C

Cozy Amnesia

Thanks pipedream. I took out the supplement flouros because they just created heat and where too far away from the plants to be of any use to them. Temps aren't ideal, but I'm managing them nicely. It'll get better as the air outside gets colder in the next couple of months.

I'm glad my grow box is a success and I'm pretty proud of it. I know it's already been proven that a 150w HPS can be placed inside two rubbermaids, but I think that this really goes to show that with the right design anything is possible with these bulbs.

BLUEBERRY SKUNK!

BLUEBERRY SKUNK!

This is some blueberry skunk from my last pull with a 150 hps, I've achieved .5 grams per watt, with 2 plants not bad second time around. I'll post pics of my cab soon as I get some new girls in there peace~ :joint:

Last edited:
C

Cozy Amnesia

Hey Mrskunkster, how many ounces do you normally recieve from one full harvest? My goal is 4 onces from up to 4 plants in 4.5 cuft. Thats of course with a 150 HPS.

I get 40g's a plant easily if you can pull 1 OZ a plant and grow 4 there's your qp. It take a couple of harvests to get things down pat. I've been using advance nutrients too. sorry the pictures are with a my webcam :joint:

C

Cozy Amnesia

Well now I'm not sure if it's going to be four plants, my littlest guy is looking like he might not make it! :violin: :badday: Oh well, it's just a bagseed and I know for a fact it came from a hermie plant.

Question: Is growing a seed that came from a female plant that hermied and impregnated itself worth it?