What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

G

oh yea...thanks bos! i think they're getting used to my new mix now and i expect them to explode (not literally, just growth-wise :D ), also because they are so close to the light. it's really amazing how much cooler the cab is with the tube! i guess that's why they call em cool tubes duuuuh

Teadaemon

Great thread

Great thread

Wow guys (and girls)!

I've just spent most of my free minutes today going through all 23 pages of this thread, and it seems like some people are getting damn good results with some very small lights (comparatively). I run a 400W HPS in an Ikea wardrobe similar to a C23 (I think, it works for me anyway) but I've been trying to interest some good friends in growing (and having some success since they tried my homegrown) and since they smoke a fair bit less than me a 150W HPS sounds like a good option for them (though I'm torn between recommending that and a well-designed CF array of 120-150W).

Anyway, I thought I'd express my appreciation for your work and your posts, collectively you've given me a lot of ideas (mostly for improving my pathetic excuse for a veg cab).

G

Well I found this cab in a Staples store catalog.... Here are the dimensions:30 5/16"H x 25 5/8"W x 14"D
and here are some pics...It's on sale for $24.99 , the only problem I have with it is the depth of only 14 inches...but anyways tell me what you guys think!

Farmer Joe

Here are some pictures of my 150w HPS + 100w CFL grow. Random bagseed from some mids. I rotate the plants every other day to they get the different types of light. For some reason, the smaller plants matured first (alternating nodes) and is flowering at a faster rate than the larger plant. Go figure. :chin:

They were getting too tall for my closet, even though I kept the lights as close as possible.... So I went out and bought some bendable/soft copper pipe and loosely zip-tied the main stem to the copper pipe. I can adjust the pipe however I need and tie down the plants as it grows.

Overall view of smaller plant:
small1.JPG

The top bud close-up of the smaller plant:
small2.JPG

Many bud sites on the smaller plant:
small3.JPG

A lower bud site on the smaller plant:
small4.JPG

Overall view of larger plant:
big1.JPG

Overall view of larger plant:
big2.JPG

Top/Side view with bud sites:
big3.JPG

Top/Side view with bud sites:
big4.JPG

Mid-height bud site close-up of larger plant:
big5.JPG

I wish they had a few more trichomes though. :confused:

sugabear_II

Veteran
Overdoze said:
Well I found this cab in a Staples store catalog.... Here are the dimensions:30 5/16"H x 25 5/8"W x 14"D
and here are some pics...It's on sale for $24.99 , the only problem I have with it is the depth of only 14 inches...but anyways tell me what you guys think!

My cabinet is nearly same size its a u2 from home depot it makes a good 2 plant garden.

the cab you posted has one problem. the doors will be very hard to light proof. you want doors that have adjustable hings that close overlapping the cab sides.

BoB91

Good evening yall!

Good evening yall!

:wave:
Hey Farmer Joe were neighbors! And I also have a bagseed from a bag of mids. Flowering under an almighty 150. My first girl.

Hey if you look at the above picture I think you can see one lonely,tiny capitate trichome(I think thats what it is called) :chin:

Thanks Username and Suga! Im trying :wave: :smoweed:

G

sugabear_II said:
My cabinet is nearly same size its a u2 from home depot it makes a good 2 plant garden.

the cab you posted has one problem. the doors will be very hard to light proof. you want doors that have adjustable hings that close overlapping the cab sides.

This is true.... :chin:

Guess I'll have to deal with it though for 25 dollars its a steal! :sasmokin:

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Overdoze, not to worry. My doors close the same way, and with a little bit of thought & planning it can be easily done (light proofed that is). Let us know when you pick up the cab and I'll post a few close-up pics of how I sealed it if you can't work out a suitable method.

G

Dammnit that cab is out of stock!
Guess I have to get a different one, lookin again.... :badday:

G

Pipedream said:
Overdoze, not to worry. My doors close the same way, and with a little bit of thought & planning it can be easily done (light proofed that is). Let us know when you pick up the cab and I'll post a few close-up pics of how I sealed it if you can't work out a suitable method.

hey share the knowlage i would luv too see how you light proof yours cause i have the same problem

bostrom155

Overdoze said:
Dammnit that cab is out of stock!
Guess I have to get a different one, lookin again.... :badday:

Cool. You have a home depot near by? Or some thrift stores? Or even walmart has some rickety stuff, but cheap. You will be real happy with a solid cab, find one with the wood backing, if it's the cardboard, you'll need to replace it.
good luck OD
one of my first cabs, use to be flower, then veg, then dimanted and moved eveything into new one.

bostrom155

bajanbudder said:
hey share the knowlage i would luv too see how you light proof yours cause i have the same problem

I screwed on a metal strip it's about 1.5 inches wide, and put a thin strip of weather stripping on the inside of the other door where it closes on the metal strip.

iamhigh

Cabinet:

Open Cabinet:
Veg side on left (shutdown becuas we are moving soon)
Flowerside on right :woohoo: 150w HPS + 2/3 30 watt Daylight bulbs (for lttle more light on right side)
cool tube n what not

LST'd bagseed + screen

LST'd bagseed noscreen or other training

No training whatsoever bagseed 20 days flowering i think :/ + a week maybe :confused:

iamhigh

for some reason the flowers on one side of hte plant spawn two heads :D hey more hte merrier

groupies..

sorry for shitty camera maybe one day ill get a better one but this is what i have to offer ;P

Oh and hte extraction in the Stanley Blower Fan Mod that works great and it is quiet beside hte sound of air moving. I have the less powerfull side connected to the cool tube atm to help out the 250CFM Inductior Fan which is a POS and i would never buy one for anymeans besides boosting ducts. (as is sucks for negative pressure and overall air flow)

i also have a question.. the one girl i ahve in there for 3/4 weeks if curling its leaves inwards and i dont mean the tips are i mean the sides are curling in. anyone knwo hte cause of this?

G

welcome aboard iamhigh!

have you fed them with anything lately? i've over P'd some hydro and it did that. is there any chance that you're watering them too much? just a couple thoughts man, hope we can help!

Farmer Joe

iamhigh said:
i also have a question.. the one girl i ahve in there for 3/4 weeks if curling its leaves inwards and i dont mean the tips are i mean the sides are curling in. anyone knwo hte cause of this?

Same thing for me on one plant. I am curious about the answer.

EDIT: I am using Organic Ferts (Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Espoma Epsom Salts Plus) and haven't over watered or over ferted.... I think. :chin:

Last edited:
G

This isn't the greatest shot, but they're looking a lot healthier than when I put them in there. Starting to bush in towards the light. I will now start stretching them upward.......

EDIT: Whoops, there's perlite all over those leaves because I just watered them. :bat:

Last edited:
G

Farmer Joe said:
Same thing for me on one plant. I am curious about the answer.

EDIT: I am using Organic Ferts (Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Espoma Epsom Salts Plus) and haven't over watered or over ferted.... I think. :chin:

Mine didn't show any real nutrient burn signs, just those folding leaves. The nutes were @ 2000ppm then, and once I went back down to 1000-1200, things started looking better. There were leaves that stayed folded up like that, mostly towards the top of the bud.