What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

Well I got another grow going.I planted 2 Satori 2 SpeedQueen and 1 Safari mix.I cant take pics now becouse I broke my camera but am getting it repaired so I will have pix by the end of next week.All 5 have sprouted.

I mixed 3 cups FFLW 2 cups FFOF and 1 cup of perlite for the seedling soil.

Poker_Toker

igrowdadankest said:
Well I got another grow going.I planted 2 Satori 2 SpeedQueen and 1 Safari mix.I cant take pics now becouse I broke my camera but am getting it repaired so I will have pix by the end of next week.All 5 have sprouted.

I mixed 3 cups FFLW 2 cups FFOF and 1 cup of perlite for the seedling soil.

Very nice choices. I have some speed queen coming probaly a week from now and they will be going under a 175mh start to finish so it will be nice to see how i am doing. I am also interested in satori and safari mix as well, mandala is some nice genetics i cant wait to try them all. Mandala #1 is supposed to be really good. How many you normally run at one time?

P

phr3d0m2gr0

vintner said:
Hey, Thanks phr3d0m2gr0: Now it makes sence! And I can see how the chart is just a guide, cause you still have to consider the size of your grow box and ambien temps.

No prob. The ambient temps are taken into consideration by the chart because that's what you read off the bottom, but as you said the size of the box matters . Another thing that has an effect is carbon filters and ducting, that's why i say go bigger and get a fan speed controller because you can "tune" the fan to get your temps just right.

the_man said:
Thanks phr3d0m2gr0:

i was wondering about the temp at the bottom

1 to 100

Your welcome.

-Phr3

GroovyBunny

this thread has got me pumped up to switch to hps. for those of you who order bulbs off e-conolight, would you suggest one of the vapor tights? nice price.

T

TheOneWill

What would be better ordering a cool tube and 150hps with remote ballast? Or make my own cool tube and order my light off of e-conlight.com?

Last edited:

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
GroovyBunny said:
this thread has got me pumped up to switch to hps. for those of you who order bulbs off e-conolight, would you suggest one of the vapor tights? nice price.
YES! Very easy to remote balast if you chose. Minimal extra parts needed. Just an extention cord, a couple of wire screws, and some electrical tape. You use the housing that the balast comes in to make it remote.

GroovyBunny

vintner said:
YES! Very easy to remote balast if you chose. Minimal extra parts needed. Just an extention cord, a couple of wire screws, and some electrical tape. You use the housing that the balast comes in to make it remote.

thanks! it'll be nice stepping into the HID world

The St.

almost 3 weeks into flowering, she just got her last bend on the main stalk about 3 inches from the top.

just a quick pic to spice things up...

Peace! :joint:

soxx16

lookin good lookin good! here's a shot from this side of earth.

both girlies. should be ready in about 10 weeks! cheers :rasta:

P

phr3d0m2gr0

W00t w00t i'm officially a 150watt grower:

and some papaya that's been curing for 3+ months:

-Phr3

uglybunny

Hi 150 watters,

I'm in the process of putting together a cab and I just found an attwood 4" bilge blower. I tried wiring it up to a PC power supply but it doesn't work. The fan moves for a split second then I hear a faint noise coming from the power supply. It kinda sounds like a breaker tripping or fuse, I don't really know how to describe it properly.

Anyway, I looked at the instructions for the blower and they only give a wiring diagram for a battery. In the diagram though, they show an 8 amp fuse inline with the positive terminal. I did a search and read pipedream's post about how he used an old car battery charger to power a similar bilge fan, and I also saw VernEquinox's suggestion on how to power them.

I guess after all that my questsions are: Can I use my PC power supply in any way to power this fan? If not, which way would work better pipedream's or vern's? In any case, what about that 8 amp fuse? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

uglybunny

Latest posts

Latest posts