What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

150 watt Bogglegum SCROG

immortal

Ok click on user menu then my options on the bottom of the page ther is an example. Put your link in and where it says add new link put you title. I think I learned this from a thread somewhere or something but I forgot. Hope this helps

Sleepy

Veteran
Rellikbuzz said:
Chaulk this one grow up to experience and focus on getting your clones going and FORCE YOURSELF TO STOP FUCKING WITH THEM!!! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Keep it safe and keep 'em green, my man and you'll do fine!! :yes:

What have i been telling you?!?!?!?! :biglaugh: :friends:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks mate, that was just enough info to let me do it.

On another subject, I'm worried about the sex of your plants. You say they've been showing preflowers but not sexed yet? You can tell from the pre-flowers themselves. If no hairs, theyre male, sorry.
But I'm going without pics on this one so could be wrong, fingers crossed.

immortal

Yea GMT I vegged for like 3 and a half weeks and been on 12 12 for over a week. It does look like they are all males. The big one I am quite sure of seems to have clusters now. The trifolate I was hopeful of but also I think is a male. oh well. Time to germ some more seeds.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Ouch, we've all been there mate, and always at the worst possible moments. Good luck with the next batch.

Hey immortal!
Just read your thread through, lookin good. It looks like I'm lucky to be workin out of town so I WON'T BE FUCKIN WITH THEM!!!LOL It's nice to know that I'm not the only one! Good luck, I'm right behind you. How did you make screen? :smoweed:

immortal

I havent given up on em yet gmt. Im givin em a few more days. 1 is a male for sure and another looks like it may be a female but could go either way at this point. I havent germed any more seeds yet.

immortal

I am almost positive that the shorter bushy plant is a female right now. I see tiny whispy white hairs a variouse nodes. I saw 1 a few days ago but I thought it was too good to be true. The Taller bushy one is indeed a male and the trifolate appears to be male also.

Sleepy

Veteran
good things come to those who wait...

good things come to those who wait...

even if you only get 1 female plant this time, you can still produce a good bit of smoke...

just check out Bleek's first grow with Lifesaver.

congratulations!!! now let them be..

any piccies?? :canabis: :canabis: :whip:

immortal

Oh yea I did take some pics. Just of the male I chopped though Ill post em tomorrow. Ill get pics of the other two as soon as I am 100% sure of sex. All I really ever hoped for was 1 female as long as I dont have to start all over from seed again Ill be very happy.

Hey doob, I made the sreen out of 3/8 inch square strips of wood from homedepot. They did crack a lil when I screwed them together so If you go that route try using the 1/2 inch. I used screw eyes every 2 inches with string thread through for the grid.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey congratulations on your female. Whispy hairs means success!
Now decision time, are you going to top and supercrop her of take cuts and start a new female cutting grow, or just leave her alone to do her thing?
Or a combination.

immortal

The female is very bushy so I think I may yield a few ounce of of her. Gonna transplant into 10 inch pots later this week. I will be taking clones probably when I transplant. Gonna put up pics of the male later.

immortal

Well it looks like the trifolate is also a female. Im not seeing any balls but I did see what looked like a few tiny hairs. I hope its a female. still Just tiny hairs on the other one though. Later.

immortal

:wave: Ok the trifolate is definately a female. the other one im 75% sure. It better be female cause I spent alot of time training the girls in the past couple days. Yesturday I set them one some old vhs tapes to raise them about an inch and a half. good thing too cause I transplanted them into 10 inch pots today so I lost about 2-3 inches. I had to set the screen on em then train them under it. Hope they dont stretch too too much. It should be interesting to see how well they fill the screen on my first try. :canabis:

Here are some pics
First 3 are the male who is dead now.

Group shots of the girls

finally pics of them under the screen

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
Ahhh - those are coming along nicely now. I'm sure you're happy. Looking even at these pics I would say you are safe to assume that second one is defintely a female. How long have then been on 12/12 again? Mine are still stretching a bit, but it has slowed down a lot at day 17. More focus on site production now. Gonna even the canopy off maybe next Wed once I am sure everything is set for the most part. Dont forget to trim your fan leaves back to get the most light to the lower bud sites. Tucking them is only temporary, they usually pop right back up in an hour or so.

immortal

Thanks Gmt.

Hey Msteelers. Yeah its gotta be a female, I woulda seen balls by now. Im glad I kept that trifolate, it was a runt ya know. Lokks like its gonna pick up soon. Ive been on 12/12 for exactly 2 weeks. There are so many bud sites comming in its crazy. How much foilage is it safe to remove in a day, I was trying to avoid cutting off fan leaves but its a jungle in there.

Since it took so long to see preflowers when do I know when flowering has officially started. I was gonna mark tomorrow as the first official day. And yea im very happy, A lil worried about overfilling the screen now but oh well all I can do is wait.

m.steelers

Enlightened
Veteran
You can remove a good bit, it won't effect the growth in any negative way. I believe I have read you can remove up to 60% of a plants mass without any problems. If you weren't doing scrog - it wouldnt be necessary. The object here is to get as much light to the budsites as possible. They will grow back fast, you'll be surprised how quickly. Perhaps some of the leaves are only partially blocking the budsites, in that case - just trim part of it off. Maybe a finger or two if that does the trick. It sounds like you already got the concept of training down. A good goal for the first time would be one bud per opening of your screen.

Flowering officially starts when you cut the light back to 12/12. So you have been flowering for 14 days now already. Any breeder who lists the flowering time is going by the day the lights are cut back. Buds will set in quickly and get bigger fast, you should be able to see it happen overnight almost. I dont think you are going to see too much more stretching, being at 2 weeks already. I think that will be almost non existent at around week 3, considering you are growing some indicas.

Good luck - MS

immortal

Hey thanks for the info and advice. im gonna trim them some tonight before I goto bed. I may take clones and build my veg chamber this weekend. I read somewhere where BOG said that after switching to 12/12 they veg for a week then start flowering and thats after sex has been determined. I sure would like to believe that they are on day 14 of flower though. Maybe they are. I think the screen will be full after another week of stretching. Should fill in nicely I think. Still cant believe I ended up with two females after killing two.