What's new

15 tons of marijuana seized at Calif. border

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
That would take me awhile to run for oil. Wonder what that would yield in bho? Would love a ton of bho, lmfao!!

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
you guys act like this is some thing new...

and by the way for those that are ignorant, this stuffs final destination is probably not Cali, it was most likely planned to head East like most brick weed is...

one of my favorite scenes in "Blow" was their mexico trip this is nothing new at all. don't forget about the south (Texas ) and Midwest people smoke brick there as well it still has a market for sure.

Jhhnn

Veteran
My neighbors, who don't speak english but their kids do, were out smoking on their back porch. It smelled like crap, so i popped over our dividing wall and handed them a joint of some crappy preroll. A bit of confusion ensued, but their kid straightened it out, and the folks wound up very high and happy. The mota was enjoyed....now only if i could get some homemade tortillas back.The language barrier kind of sucks, seem like nice people and would like to hang out.

The mexican families on both sides of me sell drugs, they have such wierd freaking markets that i just do not understand. Chatted with the kids that are like 15-35 in age range and they are completely on the up and up. They equate the family drug biz to the unlicensed taco places.

edit: I do adore brickweed and try to make sure and plant seeds from anything that is good. Wish they hadn't been tainted with modern hybrids, but gold can be found if growing out enough bagseed.

I can't fault Mexican growers for going to hybrids. They mature faster, yield better & give the high that modern American consumers want. OTOH, there is something special about really good traditional Mexican sativas. They're still out there, if hard to come by. An old neighbor, Latino, is well connected to imported Mota. Last time he stopped by, he shared a joint of old school sinsemilla that brought back a lot of memories, like a time capsule from 1970. The taste & aroma are as I remember them, the high superb with ebullient optimism & energy. It's one of those deals where stronger isn't necessarily better.

DickAnubis

So who do you think does all that nice plastic wrap?
Very controled blocks, you could play Tetris with them.
Machine wrapped, you think?

Just curious.

Also they might have gotten away with it if they had just put pillowcases over those bricks.
The new stem pillow, proven to support your head, available at Macy's $239.99.

DA

theJointedOne

Veteran
Hella folks still puff this stuff
I think it goes for 50 an ounce on the street. Personally I've never smoked brick weed, just sensimilla.

im in the east and i havnt seen brick weed in a few years.that shit isnt comin my way.ive looked for bricked just for shits and giggles and i couldnt find any.the worst weed i see is the premature shit that the new growers have every fall

DrFever

Veteran
I think most Americans fail to realize lots n lots of weed gets imported into the states some are plain decoys ,, that cartels and whom ever expect to get caught ..
it will always be this way ,,and i wouldn't doubt some higher officials are linked money is a very powerful thing,, and can sway pretty much anyone.. just look at the campaign money given out ,
Then look at the kick backs they get....
Simple you scratch my back i scratch yours concept
with 37 million in cali alone mixed ethnic groups pretty easy to figure out ,, I do not think they could grow enough weed to sustain the state it self
I read somewhere that almost 70 percent of the population smokes weed in cali , that is 26 million people smoking what 2 grams a day on the weak side ..
thats over 51 million grams a day hahaha
somebody do the math how many pounds is that a day lol

Jon 54

I 'll take the LOAD

I 'll take the LOAD

What's wrong with Mexican Mota?? I can remember when it was the best marijuana to be had. You can't judge a brick by its wrapping,and by the way these don't look like the tightly compressed bricks of days gone by. Granted it isn't like the homegrown buds that we love and cherish with the world's best genetics but there might be some great Sativa's in them along with some valuable collector's seeds.
As a old smoker possibly much older and have seen and smoked many different strains of marijuana that you have never even seen and probably never will. I would never turn down any Marijuana just because of the belief that prevails with the younger smokers of today that all Mexi is crap!!! Grow up and quit being such immature snobs just give the weed a try you might be surprised.

Jon 54

IGROWMYOWN

Veteran
The stuff ive seen from mexico was poor that's why i'm down on it I smoked a lot of it in high school in so cal in the early 90s mold I didn't know what it was at the time pressed wet. I haven't seen too much high quality Mexican im sure the strains were nice or else why would they grow it but their processing was craptastic along the line to So cal The stuff I saw in the Midwest and West Texas recently wasn't much better. I'd grow out some bag seed though but i'll take Malawi & malawi hybrids over some Mexican brick anyday.

JointOperation

That's a lot of brickweed. Don't they grow enough good weed in Cali for the people?

honestly. a lot of younger people.. and gang bangers.. smoke garbage weed. lol. atleast in my area.. everytime I smell some swag.. u see the group of thugs on the corner with a blunt.

high end Mexican isn't grown in mexico.. its grown in cali forests dried outdoors.. and sold.. that stuff actually looks better then the Mexico SWAG.. even tho its grown by the SAME PEOPLE.

not pot snobs.. but just people who don't like to smoke pesticide. mold.. bacteria.. and other foreign objects is all. if your going to smoke something you might as well smoke something that tastes good.. gives a good high.. and looks and smells good.. why smoke some BROWN garbage that was dried for like 10 days and then bricked together and sold. LOL

StoneyK

Veteran
I used to get some real green mex that would get your ears ringing face buzzin super stoned minimal seeds too for 80 a zip. I wish I had kept some bagseed actually. It wasnt your normal mex tho.
Mostly the mex was crap bricked an brown, we tell the younger smokers about gettin a decent sized, you think, bud out for a bowl breakin it up an not havin enough for a bowl cause it was so full of seeds...lol
Or usin a mag to deseed, they like urban legends these days...lol
I don't get to sentimental about those times.
As it stands now its complete shit mex is synonymous with dirt weed.
We got plenty of good local growers to support too, this is one of the rare times id pat the piggies on the back for actually doin their job. Fuck those cartels runnin trucks of crappy weed Into cali.

JointOperation

i have no problem being called a pot snob.. because honestly I AM. is there anything wrong with liking the best? .. lol . I just rather spend money on a home grown nug. or local grown buds. over some Mexican shit that supports the drug cartels lol..

being a POT SNOB is a GOOD THING.. the only GOOD TIME TO BE CALLED A SNOB.. is when your around a bunch of dudes.. and the joint or bowl or blunt or even DAB RIG comes around.. and you take a look or a single puff and you say.. YA DUDE IM ALL SET WITH THAT GARBAGE. yes im that GUY.. sorry but im not going to blow smoke up your ass and be like ya man that's the best weed ive ever smoked.. NOPE. not me.. id rather you know your shits whack.

and im not even close to the BEST GROWER.. and my shit still outdoes 90% of the shit I SEE or TRY.

DrFever

Veteran
Bottom line there is a market for it has been for a long time. only problem growing seeds is you really do not know WTF it is.
When you decide to breed with it unknown x OG etc
lets not forget not to many people can afford 300 a oz for weed also ,, with more n more people living in poverty mex brick weed appears to be the way to go you wil get high
lets look at the whole picture.. you have lots of people with out health care , with out pension, on welfare.
There is know denying California is chapter 9 and folks are hoping the weed industry will kick it up a notch...
After the housing crash , and actual states declaring Bankruptcy
what do you really havve ?????
Crime on the rise cause you cut the police and fire dept,
The sad truth is ,,, USA used to MAKE things, and the truth is YOU DO NOT MAKE THINGS....
so you like it or not you have to buy from other ppl i that make sense :)

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
i have no problem being called a pot snob.. because honestly I AM. is there anything wrong with liking the best? .. lol . I just rather spend money on a home grown nug. or local grown buds. over some Mexican shit that supports the drug cartels lol..

being a POT SNOB is a GOOD THING.. the only GOOD TIME TO BE CALLED A SNOB.. is when your around a bunch of dudes.. and the joint or bowl or blunt or even DAB RIG comes around.. and you take a look or a single puff and you say.. YA DUDE IM ALL SET WITH THAT GARBAGE. yes im that GUY.. sorry but im not going to blow smoke up your ass and be like ya man that's the best weed ive ever smoked.. NOPE. not me.. id rather you know your shits whack.

and im not even close to the BEST GROWER.. and my shit still outdoes 90% of the shit I SEE or TRY.

You sound like a real fun guy to smoke a joint with. :laughing:

Latest posts

Latest posts