What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

15 Bubba's new home all finished!

bcbubba

awesome grow! Bubba is def a heavy yielder! I have a pre 98 that puts out 1+ per light. gotta love it! keep up the good work bud!

You are the second person to mention pre 98. I was unable to determine whether mine are pre or post but what is suppose to be the difference?

Cannasylum

You are the second person to mention pre 98. I was unable to determine whether mine are pre or post but what is suppose to be the difference?

Mine has a very distinct smell of tangerines.. I have been wondering the same as i have seen pre 98 in clubs that smells nothing like mine so idk lol As far as looks go they look very similar.
What smells do your strain emit?

bcbubba

Mine has a very distinct smell of tangerines.. I have been wondering the same as i have seen pre 98 in clubs that smells nothing like mine so idk lol As far as looks go they look very similar.
What smells do your strain emit?

Well just poking my head in while their sleeping I got a very pungent sweet & slightly skunky smell. I've smoked some that fell off during trimming last week & it has a fantastic orangie (tangerinie) taste that you can savor like fine chocolate. When lights are on their smell is fruitier.

bcbubba

Day 57

Day 57

Here are a few more pixs! These @ 8 weeks and 1 day. Going to 9 weeks so there might be one more set of pixs. Sorry for the blur wanted a few without the lights & couldn't see mostly!

Zarezhu

First off, props. Beautiful looking buds, great setup.

I'm looking into a very similar setup (dark room 240 or possibly 300) with 3 1000s as well as co2/ac/dehu.

How's the temperatures inside the tent? I see you only ran one duct through all three bulbs. On a 6" fan or 8"? Is it enough to keep the tent under 85 or are temperatures an issue? I was thinking I'd need to have 2 lights on 1 6" and make custom holes for a second 6" for the third light, so there wouldnt be any bends in ducting. But does it work just fine with a single fan?

Do you have any problem with losing co2 in the sealed tent? Or is it sealed enough to prevent outgassing?

How did you deal with the humidity during the night cycles in a sealed room? I don't see a dehumidifier so I'm stumped

And lastly, how do you like the 15 big plants? I had originally planned on 64 clones per 1000w in a SOG, which is damn near 200 plants that finish real quick and you end up with fat colas everywhere. Is it worth the extra 8 weeks (potentially another full harvest) to veg them out?

Sorry for all the questions, its just I like to know everything about something before I dish out thousands of dollars =p Don't wanna have any more fail harvests

bcbubba

First off, props. Beautiful looking buds, great setup.

I'm looking into a very similar setup (dark room 240 or possibly 300) with 3 1000s as well as co2/ac/dehu.

How's the temperatures inside the tent? I see you only ran one duct through all three bulbs. On a 6" fan or 8"? Is it enough to keep the tent under 85 or are temperatures an issue? I was thinking I'd need to have 2 lights on 1 6" and make custom holes for a second 6" for the third light, so there wouldnt be any bends in ducting. But does it work just fine with a single fan?

Do you have any problem with losing co2 in the sealed tent? Or is it sealed enough to prevent outgassing?

How did you deal with the humidity during the night cycles in a sealed room? I don't see a dehumidifier so I'm stumped

And lastly, how do you like the 15 big plants? I had originally planned on 64 clones per 1000w in a SOG, which is damn near 200 plants that finish real quick and you end up with fat colas everywhere. Is it worth the extra 8 weeks (potentially another full harvest) to veg them out?

Sorry for all the questions, its just I like to know everything about something before I dish out thousands of dollars =p Don't wanna have any more fail harvests

Thanks! This is a DR240 & I'm running 3 1000W bulbs through the cooling tubes with their own 6" exhaust fan taking the heat to a back bedroom that has a problem getting heat from the furnace (it's an add-on). There is also an exhaust from the charcoal filter sucking air to another part of the basement. Haven't run this op in the summer yet (just put together in Oct) but it's 5' below ground & only 2' above so hopefully I won't need AC but I have a unit if I need it! The exhaust (not the cooling) fan is on a sensor to try & keep CO2 & humidity in the tent. It has obviously worked but the humidity has been lower than is ideal (avg 40-45) but this is the first run with this equipment so we'll see how it goes? I used 5 small tanks of O2 over about 12 weeks (started week 4, vegged for 7). The temp has stayed at about 15 degrees F variation (68-83) most of the time. The sealed cooling tubes seperate from the main exhaust keep the heat down this time of year (concrete basenent walls below ground!). I Top Loaded these too early but with 5/light I will get 1+ per. The next will be ready to go in when these are done so every 8 weeks..........
This is the longest post yet!!
Cheers!

Cannasylum

Well just poking my head in while their sleeping I got a very pungent sweet & slightly skunky smell. I've smoked some that fell off during trimming last week & it has a fantastic orangie (tangerinie) taste that you can savor like fine chocolate. When lights are on their smell is fruitier.

Yes it had the same taste as it did smell for me. very unique. They were done for me in about 55 days.. yours look like they will be ready soon! May your harvests be bountiful. :party:

bcbubba

Yes it had the same taste as it did smell for me. very unique. They were done for me in about 55 days.. yours look like they will be ready soon! May your harvests be bountiful. :party:
Well maybe mine is post 98 then but my taste & smell sensors have bean a little off lately so..... These girls are coming down this weekend (about 60-61 days). Have heard from 6-10 weeks for Bubba. Bud leaves have just gone yellow last couple days.

bcbubba

great job! are they as heavy as they look? they look like heavy yielders.

Got 264 oz wet so maybe 1 1/3 per. The kolas were rock hard! They were great to trim & the rub.... thought I was smokin some red-leb from the 70's. I am pleased but I think I can do better. Could have waited on the top load. If I got another foot out of each I might be edging up on 2 per. Here is a pic of 1 of 6 trays.
Cheers!

bcbubba

Bubbas down

Bubbas down

Took down the Bubbas @ Day 61 (110 days total). Here they are in they're drying racks happily curing. Should be about 4 dry!

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Great Harvest

Great Harvest

Took down the Bubbas @ Day 61 (110 days total). Here they are in they're drying racks happily curing. Should be about 4 dry!

Hey BcBubba - Looks great, I can almost smell it now, except I just smoked a Bubba.

:rtfo::party:

bcbubba

Fat Lady Sang

Fat Lady Sang

nice buds! 264 oz wet is around 52 oz or 3.2 lb.

Well after curing & creating uniform kolas we came in @ 56 1/2 oz of perfect buds! I learned a valuable lesson though because about 3oz of the non-topped was developing mold & had to be thrown out. I had noticed the humidity climbing towards the last couple of weeks (90's) but the fact that they all looked, felt & smelled so proper & my inexperience with understanding the best way to regulate the environment ( maybe sacrifice a little temp to lose a little humidity) & the length of cycle led to some loss.
So...you were closer my friend! But........ looks like 60oz would be a reasonable expectation for the Bubba setup (all different now! check the web cam).

bcbubba

MASTER KUSH @ 6 WEEKS FLOWER

MASTER KUSH @ 6 WEEKS FLOWER

Just harvested the Diesel and got 86.4 wet (5 bushes, 1kW). Spread out the remaining 48 Masters so there's 12 per kW (4 kW in total).These will go another 3 to 4 weeks probably. I will put in 6 Masters at harvest. They will be flowering in a side room til they go in (flipped them today) and they are about 9 weeks veg so it will be fun to watch 6 soaking up 4kW for 4-6 weeks! They will be MONSTERS!@#$%^&*(