What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

126 Watt LED Test Featuring Ice

djcsp3

"whatever man" see the hostility guys... this is how these 126 owners reacted when I posted some pics... Hey Irie ill get some pics later if I can post on a thread of yours, will be less than 1 page and almost a completed nova grow?

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
You are hillarious man....dont be fooled by this dudes BS or remark bout this is how 126w owners reacted. Start your own thread here in the Growers forums and post what u got and add more as the grow progresses....not in my thread. Btw I know him personally and for him to refer to me as just another 126w owner....well enuff said

djcsp3

Relax we gonna get kicked out of here or at least I will, lol... I dont want to post someone else's shit in full detail man, respect...

djcsp3

It is not bs and I nvr refereed to u as a owner, i should of said those (should i edit?) but replying to u i guess refers to u sry man... u werent even involved in the other site...

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice one sleepy, you helped pave the way so that the new round of tests, including mine, will get better credence and less BS. People know they cant just disregard LED's because they are producing good results.

VG

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
this test is finished...

ok...here we go.

i trim nice and tight...

so i got 2.4 ounces of dry buds...or 67 grams...

the object of this test was:

from my opening post in this thread (yes i left the typos):

"this test will be as objective as i can possibly be...a test of the 126 LED light to show wether or not it can produce as mush bud and as dense of buds as my 400 watt HPS does."

so in response to that objective, i would have to say: not quite...

but in the LED light engine's defense, it did grow me some nice buds!

not bad for my first attempt, though...

i think this needs to be stressed...the 126 watt LED light from hydrogrowled.com produces herb!:jump:

now, i'm not going to make excuses, nor will i get into arguing about my trimming style or any BS like that.

here are my results. period.

i did my best to provide raw data and post it here for you to decide if this light would be a good buy for you...if you are setup in a basement like me, in a non-sealed grow...i would say: "you may have some difficulties with just one of these lights...maybe you should try 2 or more...

but if you grow in an enclosed space (cabinet; sealed enclosure; grow tent style)...bust out your wallet and prepare for the next generation in stealth grow lights! this light may be the answer to your prayers! no heat, practically silent, and it really grows nice buds! the buds are quite dense...

it is really that simple.

i accepted this light at no cost to me...thank you, LEDGirl...the only agreement i made was to document a grow with it and post my progress and results here at our fabulous icmag.com...there were/are no strings attached...i did not show any bias one way or another (i think)...i may even upset a few people with my honest approach...i may even convince a few out there that LED's have a place in our hobby...either way the chips fall, so be it. you decide if i gave it a fair shake.

i am happy to do have done the test...my apologies that it took longer than it should have...

the buds will be cured in jars for a nice long time and in a while, i might even post a smoke report...no promises, though.

thanks for all of your encouragement along the way, and thanks to everyone who posted...it just proves that i am still learning and you all are the best for helping me to continue on my quest for knowledge...

i appreciate all of the help i have been given along the way!:thank you::tiphat:

right on brother! thanks for the detail and followthrough

a couple questions though.

how much more do u produce with the 400 hid? on average

do u feel u have room for improved yeild?

how much more dense are ur hid buds?

thanks in advance sleepy. just for personal clarification. u can even pm me on it if ya get a chance. .

Sleepy

Veteran
thank you all...

thank you all...

right on brother! thanks for the detail and followthrough

a couple questions though.

how much more do u produce with the 400 hid? on average

do u feel u have room for improved yeild?

how much more dense are ur hid buds?

thanks in advance sleepy. just for personal clarification. u can even pm me on it if ya get a chance. .

• i usually get an ounce per plant under the 400 watt HPS.
  • i have much room for improvement, and have learned a lot throughout this test.
  • the HID buds are larger, but usually just as dense.
thanks for asking!

thanks to everyone who posted...i seem to have drawn out the negative vibe during this thread, and i am truly sorry that even happens here.

at one point i was even considering leaving the site over the amount of hostility over these lights...

hopefully my test will help somebody out there.

thanks for the opportunity.

Peksman

One of the best tests I have seen. Dont worry Sleepy...you did good !K+

p.s. Oooh, leaving the site??? thats surrender...not your style! :D

B

B. Self Reliant

at one point i was even considering leaving the site over the amount of hostility over these lights...

thanks for the opportunity.

You kiddin? I found it to be a huge help. I'm convinced that with the right grow methods and a few practice runs for fine tuning these LED's will produce a killer product.

Fuckin' rad that you followed through with the test, and I know I'm not the only one who would love to see you do another grow to see how much things improve after all the lessons learned.
:smoke out:

kava

I personally would like to thank you for shareing your time and experiance in growing. You have helped me in making a couple of decisions. (no need to go into them but they are positive) I would like to send you a large batch of good karma to you for being patient and not stooping to the level of the haters. I think you have been very profesional in your manners. Please dont leave I like to read(lurk lol) your posts. Thank you and have a good day

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
sleepy dont lettem get under you skin ,the thought of you leaving is ridiculous ,you been here to long ,remember most on this site are newbies compared to us that were here in the begining ,and i mean newbies to the site not to growing.
EGGSELENT JOB WITH THE TEST

Tonyton

Like I said before sleepy and I'll say it again....I GOT YOUR BACK. PEOPLE, Disdain the message not the messager(sleepy).

dmoose

We (viewers) may read/learn from your journal, and never post. But we do enjoy/learn from your work. You help more people than you think! Keep up the Great Work! Ignore the Haters.

:wave: Good Luck! +rep

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sleepy im glad you didnt leave - you are the coolest mod here. people will slowly but surely come to terms with the fact that LED's are a viable choice for growers, and as time passes they will keep getting better.

VG

J

JackTheGrower

Thanks Sleepy and LEDGirl.

I will be going through this thread better and maybe this question has been asked already so pardon if so.

What is the day-length of this grow?

abuldur

Nice thanks for doing the test for us.
Just found led stripes you can wrap arround your plant like the ones people put up at christmas.
Really cool to improve your yield when you grow large plants.
I stick them in the lower section of the plants which reduces the amount of popcorn buds.

peace