What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

126 Watt LED Test Featuring Ice

WizeWizo

I dont know exactly why, although I have my thoughts about it, but our grows using LEDs are not having any delay vs same genetics under HID. Same time for both, 3 days up or down (yes, some grows finished earlier with LEDs)

On the other hand, in general we have noticed that although they get same or, usually, less time with LEDs to trics to turn milky white, they take longer to become amber. As amber color is due CBN, the THC degradation cannabinoid, for those liking or seeking the narcotic touch of CBN, HIDs is the way to go, while for those liking or seeking the highest THC content, LEDs seems to work better. Anyway, it varies depending on strain used, there are general trends, but some strains react different to most in this sense.

Interesting....

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
so i got 2.4 ounces of dry buds...or 67 grams...

well on a plus side, if you did pay for the light it would pay for itself in this first run.

congrats on an unbiased grow

Not sure if I would compare a 1XX watt light to a 400 or anything else though but rather look at it like this little 1XX watt did XX grams and work the watt/gram ratio that way.

good growin

intel2000

I dont know exactly why, although I have my thoughts about it, but our grows using LEDs are not having any delay vs same genetics under HID. Same time for both, 3 days up or down (yes, some grows finished earlier with LEDs)

On the other hand, in general we have noticed that although they get same or, usually, less time with LEDs to trics to turn milky white, they take longer to become amber. As amber color is due CBN, the THC degradation cannabinoid, for those liking or seeking the narcotic touch of CBN, HIDs is the way to go, while for those liking or seeking the highest THC content, LEDs seems to work better. Anyway, it varies depending on strain used, there are general trends, but some strains react different to most in this sense.

Looks like I spoke too soon -67 grams. Either way - I think adding a extra 1/2 week or week is no big deal. Not to me anyways. In that case it would be well worth it - almost all benefits and no minuses - other than start up price

Thank you for sharing the grow journal.
Beautiful little buds... and all through your grow the girls looked better than mine... and I aint running LED... yet.

So, I have floros, CFL, 400HPS and 1000HPS...

The only thing I see different with LEDs... ?

The fifteen local 'providers', that charge $330.00 an Oz are ripping on the LEDs.

I can grow my own meds, for three months, in 13 weeks, for less than I gift-back to these 8X1000HPS house growers... in a box, under my bed, in a dresser, in a PC case, in a closet...

And, after the first training mission or two, I can grow enough to share, for free, for fun, for love and peace and... :)

Thanks for sharing your grow wit us, Sleepy. Good job, with more patients than I ever could have shown.

Stay cool, stay safe

Thank you for sharing the grow journal.
Beautiful little buds... and all through your grow the girls looked better than mine... and I aint running LED... yet.

So, I have floros, CFL, 400HPS and 1000HPS...

The only thing I see different with LEDs... ?

The fifteen local 'providers', that charge $330.00 an Oz are ripping on the LEDs.

I can grow my own meds, for three months, in 13 weeks, for less than I gift-back to these 8X1000HPS house growers... in a box, under my bed, in a dresser, in a PC case, in a closet...

And, after the first training mission or two, I can grow enough to share, for free, for fun, for love and peace and...
:)

Thanks for sharing your grow wit us, Sleepy. Good job, with more patients than I ever could have shown.

Stay cool, stay safe

That is why they are ripping on them, they see their profits dwindling.

Tonyton

This was a good thing that happend here, we all know what could have been. Sleepy could have done this he could have done that but all in all he did a heaven of a job in LED exposure for what it is. We have a platform to stand on with LEDs now, we are to critic and make it work for us. Like sleepy said this grow was to show us that they (LED) can grow nice dens bud and that was proving.

From the begining of the grow to the end we went from pratical to political and alot of us are still clueless, just know this when they improve more on the Technology even the hardes HID grower will have second thoughts. This is more than a penny for your thoughts sleepy, you just made ICMAG HISTORY. Karma to you Brethren.

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
good job sleepy .... thanks.

experimenting with an LED myself. just weighed well over a quarter bow from a small, single plant, hybrid LED/HPS grow.... 430 total watts. i honestly feel i can quadruple that weight with a 4 plant run from clone in the same closet (i culled myself down to one plant by making stupid, stoner mistakes....).

LED's definitely have a place in what we do.... definitely. and grow some extremely tight knit, dense bud....

:watchplant:

After LED girl editing my reply on a post, deleting the negative and leaving only the positive im left feeling that there is some degree of 'hushing up' being done by her, which leads me to slightly doubt her credibility. After all, negative and positive comments should be made without hostility, so that people can weigh led's up for themselves, by seeing both sides of the discussion and knowing the pro's and con's.

But her grow lights DO work and do seem to flower plants quite well .That alone is enough to get people that like LED grow light technology, who read this site and have extra money to spend, to buy them.

Sleepy, well done mate, i think you did a really good job on this grow and its good to see the results, which were quite good. I have two led lightboard myself though they are only 14 watts each, which i use for supplemental lighting. So im not anti led at all, but im optomistic at this stage about their ability to compete with HID.

Good luck to all the LED'ers i will be keeping myself updated on peoples progress. LED lighting seems to have got much better since a year ago when i bought my light boards, and i am impressed with the results of LED girls lights. Too much money for me to pay out though. I'll be sticking with my 250 w CFLS and 14 watt light boards for now, but maybe in the future when the newer technology becomes much cheaper i may switch over. I love the colours that the led lights give out. Seems very science fiction looking to me. At some point im gonna try a micro grow with my 2 led boards just for novalty as they are only 14 watters, and i will post the results.

Im trying my first 'unattended' guerilla grow this year from cuttings, so wish me luck lol. I'll probably need it. : )

Weezard

Hawaiian Inebriatti
Veteran
"After LED girl editing my reply on a post, deleting the negative and leaving only the positive im left feeling that there is some degree of 'hushing up' being done by her, which leads me to think she is not being completely honest. After all, negative and positive comments should be made without hostility, so that people can weigh led's up for themselves, by seeing both sides of the discussion."

This bears repeating!

Z

Zombo

After LED girl editing my reply on a post, deleting the negative and leaving only the positive im left feeling that there is some degree of 'hushing up' being done by her, which leads me to slightly doubt her credibility. After all, negative and positive comments should be made without hostility, so that people can weigh led's up for themselves, by seeing both sides of the discussion and knowing the pro's and con's. But her grow lights Do work and do seem to flower plants quite well .That alone is enough to get people that like LED grow light technology, who read this site and have extra money to spend to buy them.

Sleepy, well done mate, i think you did a really good job on this grow and its good to see the results, which were quite good. I have two led lightboard myself though they are only 14 watts each, which i use for supplemental lighting. So im not anti led at all, but im optomistic at this stage about their ability to compete with HID.
Good luck to all the LED'ers i will be keeping myself updated on peoples progress. LED lighting seems to have got much better since a year ago when i bought my light boards, and i am impressed with the results of LED girls lights. Too much money for me to pay out though. I'll be sticking with my 250 w CFLS and 14 watt light boards for now, but maybe in the future when the newer technology becomes much cheaper i may switch over. I love the colours that the led lights give out. Seems very science fiction looking to me. At some point im gonna try a micro grow with my 2 led boards just for novalty as they are only 14 watters, and i will post the results.
Im trying my first 'unattended' guerilla grow this year from cuttings, so wish me luck lol. I'll probably need it. : )

"After LED girl editing my reply on a post, deleting the negative and leaving only the positive im left feeling that there is some degree of 'hushing up' being done by her, which leads me to think she is not being completely honest. After all, negative and positive comments should be made without hostility, so that people can weigh led's up for themselves, by seeing both sides of the discussion."

This bears repeating!

Can you please take your flames to another thread or start one of your own? This was sleepy's grow, it was fantastic and you either need to be congratulating him or taking your comments elsewhere.

Sorry i edited my reply, pressed enter and then saw your reply weezard lol. But yep that was what it originally said. I'm off to check out your posts now mate. I love reading about grows and seeing the pictures as they go along. :)

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Hey Sleepy thank you again for doing this test. Regardless of the outcome in grams per watt, this is just one of many independent grows performed with one of our 126W lights. You had some decent sized buds of good quality, and it's fair to say that if you do a second round it will be better next time. ;)

As you learned, growing with LED's is a different game vs growing with HID, especially in open spaces where heat is not confined in the growing area. You definitely provided valuable feedback and visual results showing people the difference that temperature makes with LED, and also how that affects soil feeding rates, etc... Overall very informative and I hope to see another LED mini grow from you in the future :) +Rep

LED Girl (I AM SOLD ON YOUR LIGHT)

Nothing more to say!

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Sleepy

You did a HELLOVA job and THANKYOU!!!!!

BTW guys I trim just like Sleepy does. It's called a connoisseur cut and Kings and Queens only smoke connoisseur cuts ;)

djcsp3

I was also edited on another site when I posted honest pics of a super nova enhanced spectrum (Hid Hut) grow from a buddy, I was calm till she starting telling me to leave... It was a grow off between a enhanced spectrum nova vs 2-126w and I just posted some pics, I know now that I cant do that on someone elses thread, but i felt that there was dishonesty within the grow and i just showed results that Ive seen, peer review should be welcome in any research design right ?...

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
the pics might have been honest but your attitude and approach to discussing it in the thread wasn't! U claimed yours was the only true measure of growth and totally dismissed the other grower based on speculation that he was cheating??? And all this based on what evidence?? Start your own thread from begining to end if u want peer review and honesty....That way everyone can see what u are seeing! take care

djcsp3

If the posts where still up u would see that I nvr said his (my buddy) was the only true measure of growth (what???), and my attitude was nice until they told me to leave and that I hijacked a thread by posting relative pics in relation to the thread, and i did get a lil stupid towards the end only because they where bad mouthing the nova and hid hut, they where out of line in my opinion which opened fair game.... Good job sleepy

Irie_Lion

Free up the Herbs....Let the Sacrament grow!
Veteran
U claimed his results werent real or typical and that yours are more of what they should look like after x amount of time.....and when his power supply broke u said it was due to being a skewed test??? Nobody was bad mouthing either company only saying what the results were up to this point....which u didnt accept. So why havn't you started a thread to display the capabilities of the nova ??? That would be better than your speculations and help to stop the hid hut bashing which concerns u so much....

djcsp3

I agree with that Irie, but it is not mine or at my location so I dont feel comfortable posting a grow that others involved might get offended, and when u spend $1399 to be stealthy posting on the world wide web starts the defeat of stealthiness, but Im always down to post a few pics here and there...

Latest posts

Latest posts