What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12 light drain to waste

Everything is growing really fast finally got the irrigation all set up. But had some.issues when testing it out. I tried cutting off the plug of.my 1/2 hp mondi sump pump and hard wired it to the pump start relay with 12romex
When I start watering with the irrigation controller, you hear the first valve click open then then the pump kicks on a for a few seconds then for some reason turns off. After a minute it kicks back on for a couple seconds??
Guess ill be buying a 1.5hp pool pump. Maybe the pump start relay which is for a 1hp-2hp pump, shouldnt be used with a 1/2 hp pump???? Idk. Fuck handwatering pots almost want 2 feeds a day already

Let's see if this 1hp walrus pump does the trick. After talking with my electrician I'm sure my problem was using a pump smaller in HP thatn what the pump start relay was rated for. Will find out soon. Plants are exploding need to flip on Friday

I agree with your electrician, the Mondi is a great pump, but not for your application. Your new pump should be just enough to reach your goals/expectations. Love your simple but effective design...folks can get away sometimes with being over the top these days. Your genetics are awesome, the Purple Diesel is still relatively unknown by the industry...but the yields are off the hook. Looking forward to seeing progress! Good luck!

Quick update. Drip system is working great. Just left for 3 days to help a friend trellis 250 outdoor plants in 600gal + raised beds and 200 gal pots. All monsters. Drip system worked great, just had to have my girlfriend fill up the res once. Today is day 1 of flower, waited a week so I could spray for russet mites after being in a friends garden who ended up having them. Ordered a gavita for the 24 sugar cookies I just planted and will put the big soil plants under it on the sides

Last planted gorilla glue

kin_dawg

Hey thanks for the details Greenleaf420
Just wondering what you used to build the walls and any type of insulation.
Also how does that combo you have used to cover the garage door perform is it sound proof. Thanks man

I insulated the entire ceiling above the garage and the wall in front of the garage door with R-19 insulation. Its 6inches thick but I stuffed it into the 2x4 wall in front of garage door. And yes the combo of plywood, insulation, then insulation board is very soundproof. I cant hear at all from the outside. Much nicer than before.

Pretty much finished building the second tier of pvc trellis supports. Just finished spraying everything with PFR-97. Tonight will install the next layers of trellis netting and will be getting that huge 100 gallon res out of the room and under the back deck, where it will be linked to another 100gal and another 70gal res'. Will have a pump on timer refilling a 50 gal drum inside the room thats linked to the pump, so as the drip system is using water it will be replaced ........ Pics to come

Hi Greeneleaf, I am very interested in your nute lineup. I was wondering how you use your aloe, agsil, coconut powder and humics? Thanks!

Right now I am foliar spraying the silica, aloe, coconut powderand humics. I tried adding the coconut powder to the reservoir but it made it reallly funky. Ill probably mix 30gallons with coconut powder and hand feed them a few times. I need to start using the silica in the res again.... Got some hollow stems going on