What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

H

Hal

atmosphere...

That looks just like the pic you had posted on no mercy.com....a week or two ago! I know a man of your growing reputation isn't having trouble with the germination phase.

Oh, wait a second...I just enlarged the photo...now I see the little tikes. Seems like they should be farther along....is that photo a few days old?

Andyo

Veteran
8deg n 12/12

8deg n 12/12

Well that answers things for me living in thailand /Outside straight from seed.
Just which seed strains?
And best i breed up some seed batchs and test!
We are virtually 12/12 here all year a bit humid at times

Hal said:
atmosphere...

That looks just like the pic you had posted on no mercy.com....a week or two ago! I know a man of your growing reputation isn't having trouble with the germination phase.

Oh, wait a second...I just enlarged the photo...now I see the little tikes. Seems like they should be farther along....is that photo a few days old?

I posted the pic with the wood sticks before the seeds went in ,and the pic i posted here is from a few days ago ,thats correct .

amount of soil is about 200 liter, and the size of de cabin almost a square meter .

In the pic you can see a device in the soil ,this is for measuring the amount of water present . It tells me when i need to water . This way i wont overwater ,wich is a disaster for cannabis .

G

my micro-cab plant showed male after 26 or so days on 12/12 from recently and then killed itself by leaning against the bulb in there...saved me the trouble but i will be starting a new plant in there soon. so more praise for 12/12 from seed to come :D

H

Hal

I'll let ya in on a little secret....you can make your own. Didn't you already know that?

G

bagseed works and its real cheap, in some ways its a hidden prize in your bag o' buds

kactuszak

those of you that are doing 12/12 from first sprout, are you skipping the entire veg and just using HPS the entire time or MH or what??? just curious, beginner here.,,, thanx

Andyo

Veteran
Hi Kactuszak i would use MH all the way find a lamp 3.5 or 4k max colour temp then maybe add a hps (the oil content far higher under mh) unless you want crumble bud 25 yrs ive used sylvania 1000 metal arc lamps.
yes im biased in favour of MH ive always seen HPS as street lighting.

kactuszak said:
those of you that are doing 12/12 from first sprout, are you skipping the entire veg and just using HPS the entire time or MH or what??? just curious, beginner here.,,, thanx

The entire time under HPS ( and skipping veg) works just fine . for the first 4 weeks MH would be even better or a combination of MH and HPS

weed enjoyer said:
12/12 from seed, your gunnu be buyin a lot of seeds...

wish i had the money to waste like that

Buying lots of seeds can be cheap if yo know where.
There is a reliable known company that supports growing 12/12 from the start for a number of reasons . When you order 200 seeds you will probably pay less than a dollar per seed .
I do not work for this company ,but i do support it in every way i can becuase he's one of the very few that has fair prices for good seeds(sells about 30 strains ,among those are very famous ones like Santa Maria ), and he's the inventor of the 12/12 grow technique we discuss here.

If you want the name of the company ,PM me

kactuszak

alright because right now i have 6 bagseed that are all between 3 and 6 inches in beer cups underneth 200w hps about a foot+ above, is this overkill? im totally experimenting with my buddys light on my plants... rite now i am just on 12/12 watering with tap water, no nutes... The inside of the cab seems to like to stay in the 90's for temperature. any input appreciated, thankyou

H

Hal

Hey Kact....

You really need to do some homework on the basics. Use the search function in some of the sub-forums, like "indoor grows-soil" and such, to educate you on the BASICS of growing pot. We're here to help ya...but not hold your hand all the way through.

Right off the bat, I'll tell ya that your temps are too high, and you can probably get your light closer and increase its effectiveness.

This thread is here to make growers aware of this method. Unfortunately, many growers have the mistaken idea that 12/12 from seed results in small and sparse-yielding pot plants. That isn't true, as long as you know the basics of growing. These basics are true for ALL growing methods, and if they aren't followed you will have a garden that can easily dissappoint.

If you haven't taken the time to read up on the basics, I'm afraid that you will get poor results, and feel that the reason for the poor results was using the 12/12 from seed growing method.

On the very first page of this thread there is a post that has a number of links to sub-forums that will help you learn the basics. You should do a bit of reading, on everything from nutrients, soil mix (very impt), lighting, watering schedules, ventilation, odor control, etc. Odor control is especially important...this fine hobby of ours can send ya to jail, and odor is one easy way of getting caught.

Latest posts

Latest posts