What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

Neus97

Ciao ragazzi ultimamente dinafem ha rilasciato dei semi "quick" secondo voi sono utilizzabili per questo metodo di coltivazione 12/12? Ho poca esperienza in indoor sempre coltivato in outdoor

G

Gr33nSanta

I’m thinking 12/12 from seed may do better in a hydro medium than a soil medeium?

just found this thread, awesome! I ll have to read and catch up. I just want to say I grew 12/12 from seeds for about 2 years back in 2011 and 2012, maybe 2013, and I have good experience with it so if you have any questions you can always hit me up!

Best medium for 12/12 from seeds in my opinion is big pots and organics, transplant 7-10 days old seedlings into a 7 gallon pots, given that they are not pure indica, watch them take off!

Aribe

Per rispondere a neus
credo che in questo tipo di coltivazione le piante "quick" o "fast version" come le chiamano altre banche, siano "troppo" veloci (se mi permetti il termine) e con una crescita minore si rischia di avere una produzione piuttosto bassa, io preferirei varietá con una fioritura un po'piú lunga...naturalmente è una opinione, saluti!

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
I used to grow 1212 from seed back in the day and then for years I grew regular style. Now I have another seed that im gunna do 1212 from seed again. I hope i get a good yield like I used to get. The trick is to grow in the biggest pot you can find, use great soil and keep temps around 70°F.

I remember when I did it the 1st time I was shocked at how well the plant grew and how big it got.
This one will be growing along side a fem clone that is going into the bloom room soon.

Also the last time i grew this style i only had cheap cfl lights. This time i have a 230 watt cob led lamp.

Attachments

• 20190529_113936.jpg
    20190529_113936.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 36

Jammal

12/12 from seed in 5 gallon buckets media or 3 gallon DWC really is a great way to grow.
even micro.
probably my favorite style, mums and clones are dumb.

also lets you put all your energy and efforts into the 12/12 room, have one room and crush it...not waisting time messing around with clones and mums and all that BS,,,get right to the Jazz...more light power intensity, more intensive growing...
I really think cannabis prefers this life cycle also...,growing this way you need to look at photo period plants with knowledge gained from the autoflower community.

Last edited:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
12/12 from seed in 5 gallon buckets media or 3 gallon DWC really is a great way to grow.
even micro.
probably my favorite style, mums and clones are dumb.

also lets you put all your energy and efforts into the 12/12 room, have one room and crush it...not waisting time messing around with clones and mums and all that BS,,,get right to the Jazz...more light power intensity, more intensive growing...
I really think cannabis prefers this life cycle also...,growing this way you need to look at photo period plants with knowledge gained from the autoflower community.
Hi, Jammal :tiphat:, I may or may not try 12/12 from seed, dono.
BUT why wouldnt this work with clones? It would kill me (and it has happened) if I grew a seed plant 12/12 from first sprout and it turned out to be the holy grail and I didnt have any way to revisit it (take clones). Re-vegging is an option but does take allot of time and is as much a mother plant as any and then youre back to vegging.. Why wouldnt early rooted clones work the same way?

Jammal

Hi, Jammal :tiphat:, I may or may not try 12/12 from seed, dono.
BUT why wouldnt this work with clones? It would kill me (and it has happened) if I grew a seed plant 12/12 from first sprout and it turned out to be the holy grail and I didnt have any way to revisit it (take clones). Re-vegging is an option but does take allot of time and is as much a mother plant as any and then youre back to vegging.. Why wouldnt early rooted clones work the same way?

They just don't, a seed contains a boost of energy for growing life that a clone just doesn't have. Especially when flowering directly....also the tap root

The issue has been consistently high quality genetics in seeds.. which is much less of an issue now than it was even 10 years ago...

The chances of finding the holy Grail mum is pretty miniscule, really your better off trying to get struck by lightning..

12/12 from seed is ideal for every kind of cannabis that is not autoflowers...IMO...it's the life cycle the plant naturally wants to take as an annual...

And also once going to a 12/12 from seed routine, you can put all your energy and capital into the flowering area.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
I like it!

I like it!

I have 3 female plants in dwc, on 12/12 from seed. The growth is amazing on the hybrid or sativa dominant ones, the indica not so much.

Here's my C99 & WW x BB at about 6 weeks

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
They just don't, a seed contains a boost of energy for growing life that a clone just doesn't have. Especially when flowering directly....also the tap root

The issue has been consistently high quality genetics in seeds.. which is much less of an issue now than it was even 10 years ago...

The chances of finding the holy Grail mum is pretty miniscule, really your better off trying to get struck by lightning..

12/12 from seed is ideal for every kind of cannabis that is not autoflowers...IMO...it's the life cycle the plant naturally wants to take as an annual...

And also once going to a 12/12 from seed routine, you can put all your energy and capital into the flowering area.
Minuscule, yes but it has happened to me already. At least the best I ever grown. No clones back when I first started, cloning was a mystery to me and the weed was so good that I thought it was easy to accomplish.. But thanks for the information :tiphat:, I could try it one day for the experience..

Jammal

Minuscule, yes but it has happened to me already. At least the best I ever grown. No clones back when I first started, cloning was a mystery to me and the weed was so good that I thought it was easy to accomplish.. But thanks for the information :tiphat:, I could try it one day for the experience..

Yes , I too have had the holy Grail slip through my hands...12/12 from seed allows you to search for more holy Grails,,you get to pop more beans, re-vedging a plant is not that difficult, I expect a 90+% rate of re-vedging a plant with my 20 years experience.

12/12 from seed require a certain type of setup to achieve best results...but the health and function of that life time span for photo cannabis is undeniable.

Jammal

6-7 weeks silver cheese 12/12 from seed in 3 gallon DWC 180 W led

Attachments

• IMG_20190625_014102511.jpg
    IMG_20190625_014102511.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20190625_014014230.jpg
    IMG_20190625_014014230.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20190625_010709918.jpg
    IMG_20190625_010709918.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20190625_010538921.jpg
    IMG_20190625_010538921.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20190625_010347110.jpg
    IMG_20190625_010347110.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 43

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
2 of my 12/12 from seed plants

2 of my 12/12 from seed plants

My C99 & WW x BB - took them outside to get some natural daylight pics. Dwc is awesome!

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
I've thought about taking them outside for some sun but worry about picking up 'bugs' on them when returning to the room/tent.
Just long enough for pics - one at a time & then back into tent. Just wanted to get a "normal" light pic. :tiphat:

glockdoc

I've thought about taking them outside for some sun but worry about picking up 'bugs' on them when returning to the room/tent.
yea bro, one of the worst mistakes ive ever made. i did just that, had plants in solo cups hidden very nicely in overgrown weeds and such only to bring it back in and infest my whole run with spidermites.

lost a chemurkle 2 that was a bush about to go into flower :wallbash:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yea bro, one of the worst mistakes ive ever made. i did just that, had plants in solo cups hidden very nicely in overgrown weeds and such only to bring it back in and infest my whole run with spidermites.

lost a chemurkle 2 that was a bush about to go into flower :wallbash:

Yep, you learn from mistakes.