What's new

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

biesel

I've never understood why people post that growing conditions affect the gender of the plants. Things like: more red light -> more males, 12/12 from seed -> more males, etc.

AFAIK, and Like Dr. King said, the gender of the plant is predetermined from the moment there is pollination and the seed is created.

Ive noticed when growing from seed and starting on a 12/12 schedule or plant a plant before it show sex under 12/12 showed bananas not full on hermi but as well all know one open pollen sach can make a shit ton of seeds in a well ventilated room. Ive taken clones and never had problems after that

S

Samueledelia99

Salve a tutti sono nuovo ho piantato due semini da domenica oggi è martedì è possibile che non siano ancora spuntati?

S

Samueledelia99

SAlve sono nuovo nel forum ho messo domenica 4 semi autofiorenti in dischetti jiffy e fino a ieri cioè martedì non c'era ancora nulla .....quAnto impiegano più o meno per uscire dal dischetto? Grazie mille e buona coltura a tutti

biesel

I have wondered the same thing bevause wheneber i start seeds indoors they are always female for the last 8 yrs ive had only 2 males when starting in doors. But 50/50 f/m ratio ime temperature is the biggest factor as i start my seeds indoors around jan. Feb. And dont have a heat mat so they do get a little cold. Also a much smaller number of seeds started indoors.
Just my thinking remember thoughts arent facts

Levitationofme

Im lucky I guess. I have no issues with 12/12
From seed. I have grown indica dominant strains,sativa dominant and just plain sativas.
I get an average 50/50 on reg seeds and 100 %
Females with feminized
They grow much smaller and they fit in my box nicely.
Also I am just feeding 1 head. Dont need a massive plant. I end up with more to smoke then I can use. But that's life.
Last grow of Zameldica kicks ass. I can't imagine smoking it all.

windycitysmoker

⚖TrippleBeamDreams⚖
Veteran
I would only grow a nice sativa hybrid with 12/12
From what I notice when growing from 12/12 it has 21 days to determine sex while in this phase the plant is doings its stretching cause after that it shows it's sex than buds up so I would say it's about 90 days seed to chop

isitisi

Just a quick question: can you understand if the strain is auto or photo if you go 12/12 from seed. Have couple of bagseeds and want to know if I can differentiate. Thanks.

RockinRobot

Just a quick question: can you understand if the strain is auto or photo if you go 12/12 from seed. Have couple of bagseeds and want to know if I can differentiate. Thanks.

No way to differentiate between seeds whether or they are photos or autos. If it came from commercial bag seed it's most likely photo period. Most people that grow autos grow for personal use not sale.

IMHO 12/12 from seed is best done with feminized seeds. At least with feminized seeds you don't have to worry about culling males and losing more of an already smaller harvest.

One issue with 12/12 from seed is that because the plants are so short you usually can't even get any clones. The lower shoots don't grow long they form buds instead.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch

An auto under 12/12 will do very little, but should show sex about 3 weeks in (or so). A photo probably won't show that quickly, but would grow much bigger/longer. Not sure how you'd tell auto from photo quicker.

isitisi

No way to differentiate between seeds whether or they are photos or autos. If it came from commercial bag seed it's most likely photo period. Most people that grow autos grow for personal use not sale.

IMHO 12/12 from seed is best done with feminized seeds. At least with feminized seeds you don't have to worry about culling males and losing more of an already smaller harvest.

One issue with 12/12 from seed is that because the plants are so short you usually can't even get any clones. The lower shoots don't grow long they form buds instead.

Thanks RockinRobot,
I am pretty sure they are photos but I got lucky to have auto bagseeds. Looks like I should go 18/6 to understand, thanks for the reply.

isitisi

An auto under 12/12 will do very little, but should show sex about 3 weeks in (or so). A photo probably won't show that quickly, but would grow much bigger/longer. Not sure how you'd tell auto from photo quicker.

Yeah, looks like it is hard to differentiate, thank you for the answer. Cheers.

RockinRobot

My Photo seeds running 12/12 from seed show sex in 3 weeks also so can't go by that. Only true way to know is put 1 under 24/7 and if it flowers it's an auto.

terry the trich

Wow this thread is still going :)

Iv'e been doing 12/12 for a long time now after reading this thread quite some time ago. I don't tend to do brilliantly but to be honest I'm not a very good grower and the conditions are very far from perfect. It's nice to see this thread is still active :dance013:

doams

my best yield run was this durban poison done 12/12 from seed under 60w screw in leds in 2.5l coco
it was overfed but yielded around 42 grams dry /with stems and stuff/.
picture.php

picture.php

DjKinetics

Strain: Manipuri (RSC)
5 litre dwc
12/12 from germination, this is week 6,seems to have slowed down height wise should start flowering soon.
picture.php