What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

12/12 From Seed: A Different Way To Grow

Ruxan

Hi guys... i did a 12/12 :)

75 days!

5 x Super Skunk Fem. from SensiSeeds

4. of them were more like sativa strain, but only last one had full indica look.

First was finished in 60days (small but heavy smell off lemon), second, third and fourth was over in 66days, and last 75 days.

Pictures of that great indica!

:tiphat:

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Heya Ruxan, looks great, and welcome to IC! :wave:

We tend to be more than a little paranoid here, so linking pics from another site is discouraged, and most won't click them. But, IC gives us plenty of media storage here, so upload those pics here so we can see the large format! :joint:

Beautiful plants Rux!

What was your grow medium/container size? Lighting?

Hard to believe that they finished 9 weeks from seed! Most strains take that long to flower.

When did they show sex?

Ruxan

6l, terra magma, perlit

400w hps with ct with great 390cfm (light was very close but glas from ct was almost cold)

im supprised with time spent on this project :)

Congrats. Looks like a decent yield too!

I just purchased a 400 cooltube and 48"x24" tent. Not sure what kind of ventilation I need. I plan to have some Aurora Indica's that I've veged for 5 weeks in there as well as some more Aurora Indica seeds Id like to do a 12/12 from seed with.

How long did it take them to show sex?

E

edgey

i'm just soaking some psychocindy seeds to go in my flower room , start to finish under 12/12 , this thread has got me interested in the outcome :)

psychocindy :

psychosis ( uk clone only ) x C99 ( original BG pineapple phoeno )

i'll post a few pics up here as i go :)

edgey

G

GreenGooma

Nice thread. I'm a convert from growing little trees under 250W and 400W with the usual veg/flower cycle. I used this method a while back under a 250W HID and got good results with the White Ice strain. Nice little single cola plants, plenty of bud for my needs. I've gone back and forth, and decided this is what works best for me.

I'm reworking my cab to use a 70W HPS, vertical, with some additional CFLs, and will go back to 12/12 from seed again when I get set up. I'll see how the 70W works; I may upgrade to 100W or 150W, depending on how it goes. The 250W in my cab was a little touchy as far as heat goes, so I'm just working on finding a sweet spot.

Big yields aren't my main objective, and I like the simplicity of growing in a single cabinet, not changing light schedules and all that. Plus the mystery of never quite knowing what that seed is gonna produce!

I'll be back around at some point with some results. :wave:

im doing a mixed grow with some 12/12 from seed in there ... how far shold i have them from the light (400 watt hps) as seedlings... the only reason i ask is i have 6 or 7 goiing now and they are about 2 feet or so from light maybe a little more. some seem to be doing great .. where as other want to stretch. i dont want to burn them obviously . any advice
thanks guys great thread loving it

QUESTION: how does this work on clones with no veg .. i got 2 bogglegum clones in the flower room that havent had any veg time. they dontlook the greatest but if they do survive , how much patential do they have??

shawkmon

Pleasantly dissociated
Veteran
pretty sure ya need to veg bog strains a shit load, 1212 from seed is different than growing indica clones, a plant will veg a month regardless of the light cycle because it isnt mature enough to flower yet. so ya can seed to harvest in 90 days, veg those clones then flower them , they have potential for a few bowls of quality cannabis if ya flower now.

This method seems to require the grower to produce one's own seed stock. Can the folks who do produce their own seeds:

1. Give a short description of your methods to efficiently and reliably replenish your seed stock; and

2. Give us an idea of how long you've been making crosses, and how you've managed to avoid the ravages of genetic drift?

I'd really appreciate hearing some info on what seems to me an unavoidable part of the 12/12 from seed process.

thanks shawkmon, yea i have about 5 bog clones in veg rite now , the ones i had in the flower room didnt seem to want to root. i hoping the others do so i can keep em going. i dont seem to have great luck with cloning so the 12/12 from seed might be my way to go .. but to get quality seeds can be expensive.

Ravenant

This is my 12/12 from seed plant 1.. sativa dominant plant under 250w hps, I have 4 more plants..

23mmrcw.jpg

2pq4bup.jpg

1esyoj.jpg

23itnao.jpg

roofwayne

I am doing 12/12 seed, perpetual with some clones. This is my first fun with this. I like being to sex faster. Using one box, many different strains. Here couple pic. Glad to meet you all...rw

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
haven't been by this thread in years. gonna start up my next run 12/12 from seed. or maybe ill try that 12/1 thing from the other thread. prolly do 12/12 from seed though.

roofwayne

haven't been by this thread in years. gonna start up my next run 12/12 from seed. or maybe ill try that 12/1 thing from the other thread. prolly do 12/12 from seed though.

Cool, It should be active. 12/12 works well for me, I am no expert, just learning. I see it as a easy way for me to do my medical perpetual. Look forward to talking to you.:rasta:...rw

NE1

Took me a while to read through this thread :).
Very informative, nice pics...
I just build a little growbox myself and am now trying to grow organic 12/12fs in it.
Would be great, if you experienced guys take a look and guide me.
Link is in signature.
:) NE1

Latest posts

Latest posts