What's new

12/12 from seed, 70w CFL

speedbag

Make sure to check the DC Voltage coming out of your adapter, and the max amps it can deliver... Fans are 12V, but you can run them on lesser voltage, they'll just run slower/quieter.. Also check your Fan(s) for how many amps they pull, and dont exceed the total max amps of your adapter.. :eggnog:

you should tie them down there gonna double in size during flowering.

I concur. Do you have pics of your exhaust or the entire inside of the grow chamber? I like the idea of the grow being in the desk, just hope no one tries to yank open the door! Line the inside with mylar or panda film and you're good to go. Nice job.

--
TB4U

kaze420

If they get to big I'll LST, but only if it comes to that. Heres a cab shot.
picture.php

I have the topped plant with one 14w for each top. Other plant goes under the 42w. The fans are on these thin chargers that run on low. Everything is hooked to timer. I didn't really understand airflow when I cut the holes.. so 90F on will have to do. There is a 2" light trap on the other side where the 3 holes are. Very simple setup.

Lord Doobie

someone always seems to open the drawers...unless you're single
sometimes, if the room has traffic, it's best to leave the top drawer functional...then rig the others with magnetic locks

BubbleGrower

Nice i'm doing a similar setup, however your plants are enormous compared to mine. My plants are about 20 days old and they only got 2 sets of leaves.

If they get to big I'll LST, but only if it comes to that. Heres a cab shot.
picture.php

I have the topped plant with one 14w for each top. Other plant goes under the 42w. The fans are on these thin chargers that run on low. Everything is hooked to timer. I didn't really understand airflow when I cut the holes.. so 90F on will have to do. There is a 2" light trap on the other side where the 3 holes are. Very simple setup.

Have you completed a grow before? I'm asking because you said "If they get too big I'll LST". Generally when they get "big" LST is too late...stems are solid and cannot be bent. What's wrong with starting it now? You'd only be helping yourself, preventing future problems and increasing your yield. :2cents:

You also need to add another extraction fan, this will help your temps. 90 deg F is not good and your plants will begin to suffer. A 5 deg drop in temps will help tremendously.

--
TB4U

kaze420

Day31.. I think the stretching is done, they seem to be growing upwards with flowers now. Upright is 8 days from showing, bush is 6. LST is working, although I snapped a topped off when messing with it. Not good with close ups but each plant has at least 15 individual flowers. When I open the door it smells like very potent coffee beans.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

T

THC_Decapitator

Nice lst training you got going there . They both look nice and healthy

those plants r lookin really healthy man.. hey is any1 sitting here? cuz i juss pulled up a chair, nice lil setup bro,,when i went 12/12 frm seed my plants stretched like crazy,,wat strain is that?

W

whatissixbynine

cool! micro grows are awesome, really gives meaning to 'can grow anywhere - is weed'

Mk3Jetta

I have a couple questions.

1- Which of your fans has a higher amperage? I'd use that one as exhaust as it is probably the stronger of the two.

2- Can air get through the holes on the back below the exhaust fan?

3- Do you have some old beer/pop cans lying around that arent crinkled at all? You can make a DIY reflector out of cans. Check out the DIY Link O Rama, i think its in there.

4- I'm also wondering why not reflective help on the walls? It doesnt have to be paint. You can get panda film or mylar or i've even seen emergency blankets used as reflective material. It will really help increase the efficiency of your CFLs.

Latest posts

Latest posts