What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

11"x 11" LED cab

Chloemobile

Been a while but finally got the all clear. Ill answer any questions about my setup if they come up. Im almost positive im going to keep the light setup as is but i may forgo the LED for another PLL tube..tried all 3 but it gets too hot 97-98..Im almost tempted to try it and just make sure they get enough water..so wishy washy on this kind of stuff.

Plant (Wappa) was started from seed about 2 -3 weeks ago just getting started on its 4th set of leaves (first set of 5 fingers). started in a dixe cup just transplanted up to a 1/2 gal milk carton (thanks 5th) gonna let it veg for another week or two then flip her. might try to snip off a clone if everything works out timing/growth wise. Im dryer then dry..smoked every last bit of resin and left overs i could find so i need to get this girl going!

let me know what you guys think..110 of PLL or 55W PLL and 46W LED

Attachments

• IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG0035.jpg
    IMAG0035.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0039.jpg
    IMAG0039.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 28

not4n

ha..cool system....are you going to try to do 2 plants vertically per side...4 plants total?

you should think about putting a pc fan on top for hot air exhaust if your temps get too high. i saw a guy on a thread somewhere put a square pot over the pc fan and fill it with activated carbon..so it was a double whammy of heat being vented out and smell being eliminated.....just something to think about.

also, if youre planning to let your wappa veg for a bit, let it get big enough to cut a few clones...then once their rooted you can do a nice 12/12 from clone grow or veg them out and get a nice cab full of green...i think a nice vertical scrog would do nice in there....walls of bud type deal.staple some chicken wire to the walls so you can tuck leaves and branches and stuff...or something. cant wait to see what you do with it!

looks good and keep up the god work!!

Chloemobile

ha..cool system....are you going to try to do 2 plants vertically per side...4 plants total?

you should think about putting a pc fan on top for hot air exhaust if your temps get too high. i saw a guy on a thread somewhere put a square pot over the pc fan and fill it with activated carbon..so it was a double whammy of heat being vented out and smell being eliminated.....just something to think about.

also, if youre planning to let your wappa veg for a bit, let it get big enough to cut a few clones...then once their rooted you can do a nice 12/12 from clone grow or veg them out and get a nice cab full of green...i think a nice vertical scrog owould do nice in there....walls of bud type deal.staple some chicken wire to the walls so you can tuck leaves and branches and stuff...or something. cant wait to see what you do with it!

looks good and keep up the god work!!

Hey bud,

I appreciate you taking the time to check out my grow. I actually do have a fan mounted to the top of the cab and it is pulling through a sandwich style scrubber of about two Inches of carbon. I was going to run 4 plants as you sugested but decided I wanted to go a different route with my grow. went and picked up an old sterlite cab someone was getting rid of and turned it into a scog cab with the 110w pll's. so now this cab is a veg cab.

the sterlite cab is 36"H x 27"L x 16"D

Attachments

• IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG0060.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMAG0061.jpg
    IMAG0061.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 21

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That tall cab is made for flowering, not vegging :p

How the heck are you going to harvest that scrog? Normal scrogs are a pita enough to trim. With a scrog that looks 'locked' into the cab and limited head room in which to work, I think you just took that to a new level.

Looking forward to seeing this run!

MrCopyZ

Wutsup with your lady? she seems kinda fading into black and white or something on the old growth

Chloemobile

That tall cab is made for flowering, not vegging :p

How the heck are you going to harvest that scrog? Normal scrogs are a pita enough to trim. With a scrog that looks 'locked' into the cab and limited head room in which to work, I think you just took that to a new level.

Looking forward to seeing this run!

Hey Blynx,

oops I meant to phrase that as the 11x11 cab is now a veg cab. the sterlite cab is 36" high compared to 30" for the 11x11. of the 36" the top 8" has a can filter shoved up there. then i have about 15 inches from screen top to the lights. if i have 15" sticks of bud i will be exstatic. the screen uses the other shelf as the frsme so it is set in there. but i did make the screen out of some cheap hemp cord which i intend to cut once the plant stops stretching. once cut, the shelf should be fairly simple to remove giving me more room to work with the lady. I'm able to stick a 5 gallon tote down there which i am going to fill with a nice organic soil mix. ive never grown in anything larger than a gallon so i am excited sbout the size posibilities for this run.

Chloemobile

Wutsup with your lady? she seems kinda fading into black and white or something on the old growth

Hey MrCopyZ,

I think its just the lighting in the picture. She is thriving. she is a bit short and squat i feel like though. she just got transplsnted last week so im hoping this week she will start taking off. i dont have much experience in repotting so i will have to read up on some tips and tricks. like should i spread the roots out across the width of the bigger pot or should i just plop it in there and let the roots sort it out on its own?

thanks for popping in!

Chloemobile

Hey everyone,

Just vegging away still.she has just really started taking off the past few days. Have to keep everything in the 11x11 cab...got some pushback on the sterlite cab so i just canx'd it to keep it copasetic. The silver lining is that i was able to reengineer the smaller cab. I took off the blower pc fan and attached a 110 cfm axial Scythe Ultra Kaze to the inside of the cab and have it pushing into a can filter. Ive attached thr led heatsink to the very top of the cab directly below the fan so it is alsi in affect cooling my led array very well. The temperature of the heatnsink is below ambient temps so i know i am getting maximum effiency from my LED's and i can now max out the remaining 8 slots without worrying about overheating the array. Once ive got the rest of the LED's ill provide some final wattage. Im going to try to find a pot or fabricate one that will fill the footprint of the cab and with a height of 10-12 inches. I think the led array will end up being about 56-63 watts when said and done. With some LST i think i can do something special in the cab. Will get some pics of the reegineering of the cab.

Attachments

• IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 25
  • IMAG0065.jpg
    IMAG0065.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 18

Chloemobile

The cab pics and one more of the Wappa (S1 i think. )

Attachments

• IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMAG0067.jpg
    IMAG0067.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0069.jpg
    IMAG0069.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 20

Chloemobile

Just transplanted the girl to a 3 gallon smart pot which fits perfectly in the cab.
picture.php

I also made the carbon scrubbing more stealthy. I installed a piece of hardware cloth and dust catcher over the top of the fan but underneath the 4" collar installed on the top of the cab. Put about 2 inches of carbon in the collar and it seems to be working well so far. Lost a bit of fan performance but its only a 1 sqr foot and the LED's make the heat factor inconsequential.
picture.php
picture.php

I also made a veg tupperware box its about 85% complete.Have to finish light proofing the inside with foil tape (tedious) and figure out the intake. Used the fan and flat scrubber that used to be in the 11" cab
picture.php
picture.php

Chloemobile

Nice cab! Got the stealth thing down.

Thank you 2000pm. I personally don't care about it but I've got to keep it cool with the Mrs.and she is a highly paranoid individual. I guess it's good balance :p.

Do you have anything going in your tent.at the moment? Those diesel fires were some pretty plants.

2000pm

Yea I got an Ace seeds selection going right now, going to see if I can keep some sativas micro sized. I intend to start the thread back up when things get a little more interesting.

Chloemobile

So I installed my 8 additional CREE XP-E RED LEDS. The LED array now stands as:

9 x Philips Rebel ES 660nm Deep Red LED 2.4V @ 700mA ~ 15.12w
8 x CREE XP-E Red LED 620-630nm 2.3v @ 700mA ~ 12.88w
4 x CREE XP-G Warm White LED 3.05v@ 700mA ~ 8.54w
2 x CREE XP-G Cool White LED 3.05v@ 700mA ~ 4.27w
1 x CREE XT-E R.Blue LED 450-465nm 3.05v@ 700ma ~ 2.13w
TOTAL ~ 42.94w

Its not the newest tech by any means but they are quality parts.

Lights:12/12
Flower Day: 1

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Chloemobile

Sooo...I cant help but to tinker but its only when I feel like i can do better. I changed the exhaust...again. But I was able to get some more efficiency out of my fan so i was able to put the 2X 55w Pll's back in. Should really help in flower.

Before new lights:

picture.php

After new lights and some super cropping. This strain really responds well to it.
picture.php

Cab Shot:
picture.php

Just a normal cab with tupperware all over the fuckin place:
picture.php

Hidden Carbon Scrubber:

picture.php

Chloemobile

Thanks chief. After seeing your grow I decided I need to have a 150. Along with rootidec, bueno time and disco biscuit.

Latest posts

Latest posts