What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

11 Reasons Why You Should Drink Coffee Every Day

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Breaking Bad meets beaker brewed beans.......

aaff2072_zps999e41b8.jpg

Hario Coffee Syphon TCA-5

Google the above name, priced less than
$100 online and only $75.00 on Amazon

http://www.hario.jp/coffee/syphon.html

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I bought a bottle of Galliano (Liquore Galliano L'Autentico) 84.6 proof to make some Harvey Wallbangers @ a recent gathering, tonight I decided to drop some in my espresso, I love it when a plan comes together ;)

I like to let my espresso cool just enough to not burn off the alcohol when added, getting the flavor & full buzz.......

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://en.ilovecoffee.jp/ - full of interesting coffee facts by a cute Japanese woman. Coffee and butter blew my mind, but wasen't so tasty in reality.

RE: That Breaking Bad style machine. Was kind of offended/put off when I learned the actual machine from the show was just for looks and totally unfunctional. Seemed.. disingenuous. That one looks pretty sweet though.

I miss vietnamese coffee. It's like a chocolately creamy deliciousness.

Cannabliss88

Love my coffee. Make sure its fairtrade though if you wanna keep slave wages and child labor out of you cuppa jo!

Green tea is so much better though if you find good quality loose leaf Japanese or Chinese teas.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fuck yeah. I love making Baileys to start the day off well. Might have to grab a bottle of pumpkin spice whiskey to get in the Christmas spirit. It makes terrible, God awful drinking whiskey, but replace the ol' Irish in homemade Baileys and it's bloody delicious.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://en.ilovecoffee.jp/ - full of interesting coffee facts by a cute Japanese woman. Coffee and butter blew my mind, but wasen't so tasty in reality.

try making or buying some Tom & Jerry mix aka Tom & Jerry batter, fresh products will require being frozen, jarred products are safe @ room temps but would require refrig after opening.

Amazon sells the Trader Vics Hot Buttered Rum Batter, other shops sell the Trader Vics Tom & Jerry batter.

this is what you're looking for, mix with either bourbon, brandy or rum/spiced rum. Google Tom & Jerry Batter or Mix to start.

EDIT:
btw, this is a seasonal holiday item so buy now and store it for use over the winter, there will certainly be several extra varieties available in the next 2 months, Mrs. Bowen's is an excellent choice but spendy as it's only shipped express & frozen on Monday's&Tuesday's.......

Last edited:

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ca-razy, I'll have to give that a shot. I was just looking at Hot Butter Rum batters the other day. I tried it a few years ago, but the two or three receipts (all sans cream/ice cream) I tried produced a watery spiced rum I wasen't too fond of. Figured there was a thickener in the packaged/dry stuff, but never tracked that theory down.

This, solves all my problems with the HBR batter. Epic, much appreciated.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
try making or buying some Tom & Jerry mix aka Tom & Jerry batter, fresh products will require being frozen, jarred products are safe @ room temps but would require refrig after opening.

Amazon sells the Trader Vics Hot Buttered Rum Batter, other shops sell the Trader Vics Tom & Jerry batter.

this is what you're looking for, mix with either bourbon, brandy or rum/spiced rum. Google Tom & Jerry Batter or Mix to start.

EDIT:
btw, this is a seasonal holiday item so buy now and store it for use over the winter, there will certainly be several extra varieties available in the next 2 months, Mrs. Bowen's is an excellent choice but spendy as it's only shipped express & frozen on Monday's&Tuesday's.......

This stuff is killer, had this for the first time a few years ago.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This stuff is killer, had this for the first time a few years ago.

do you recall whether it was a homemade mix or a packaged product, a gal up here used to make the best T&J batter I'd ever tasted.

I'm ordering a case of the Trader Vics T&J Batter and giving that in lieu of the pies I usually give to friends, I'll add a small bottle of rum or brandy w/each; when I'd drop off pies I always gave a can of Redi-Whip :) gotta make sure the package is complete.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
do you recall whether it was a homemade mix or a packaged product, a gal up here used to make the best T&J batter I'd ever tasted.

I'm ordering a case of the Trader Vics T&J Batter and giving that in lieu of the pies I usually give to friends, I'll add a small bottle of rum or brandy w/each; when I'd drop off pies I always gave a can of Redi-Whip :) gotta make sure the package is complete.

That mix your talking about I got when I lived in Nevada. Asking a friend the name but it's the best hands down. Gonna have him ship us some now that ya reminded me of this heavenly concoction.

LEF

Veteran
A hash spliff (with some roasted tobacco) and a coffee, during wintertime is a nice treat.

I don't drink coffee much though.
Don't want to agitate the heart.

v1ru5

Here in Finland we have the highest coffee consumption per capita..

One of my workmates used to drink 12 cups before coming to work, for example.

I don't drink at all, so he obviously was doing my share also!

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
Wierd... not a single french press mentioned in the thread...

Not exactly the easiest thing to do right, and it leaves sediment in the cup but I like the flavor better.. More body and chocolate tones even with something like Folgers and the wrong grind :) . The shiny slick of oil on the surface... yumm..

A little bit of raw sugar and some milk... mmmmmm....