What's new

11 blades on fan leafs

M

moses224

I am growing a mexican bag seed and the fan leafs a hella big with 11 blades per leaf instead of the usual five. All the leaves by flowers are five but each plant has huge fan leafs with 11 blades. Im assuming they are indica in breed but was curious if others have experieanced this...thanks in advance

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
got any pics mate? are the blades long and skinny? or big and fat?..how big is she?

am sure the moto is (could be wrong) if long and skinny = sativa
big and fat = indica

:smoweed:

M

moses224

Long and skinny (larger then my hand). They range from about 36-40" tall and 4 weeks into flower. Ill get some pics this morning

Last edited:
D

dankbudz

ive grown a couple packs of BOG's lifesaver and i had fan leaves with anywhere from 5 to 18 blades on each leaf..not to mention the ones that had that many blades were over a lil foot long in the middle. i love plants like that

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
It happens, I have had some with 9 to 11. Normally I find it is indicative of a monster plant.

B

bagseed77

same as dog, ive had 9 to 11 blades outdoors, WTF 18 blades, i needs some of those seeds

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
dankbudz said:
ive grown a couple packs of BOG's lifesaver and i had fan leaves with anywhere from 5 to 18 blades on each leaf..not to mention the ones that had that many blades were over a lil foot long in the middle. i love plants like that

:jawdrop: any pics

D

dankbudz

i was wished. these were circa 02-03 LS. i was so paranoid back then i would have never taken pics:)

Hank Hemp

Veteran
I`ve had several strains with 9 to 11 leaves on a lot of the leaves. Can mean a special plant. Do make clones.

M

moses224

Ill have pics today my friggin charger tip broke and of course its the day i need it. Im headed to radio shack

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
moses224 said:
Ill have pics today my friggin charger tip broke and of course its the day i need it. Im headed to radio shack

Wheres the pics I want to see big leaves :jump:

just had a mandala hasberry female show me 9 blade leaves today. Thats the most i've ever seen but would love to see 11+ some day.

ganjafarma

this is my first time growing and I thought 11 was normal? I was worried cuz my girls are mostly 9blades, but had alot of leaves with 11 and 13 blades.... the one with 13 blades on of the blades go the same way as the main middle blade. like a mini me. haha
let me see if there's any pics that you can see clearly as i use a cameraphone to take the pics....

my one plant that topped itself at birth and has 2 main colas has been growing with 3sets of leaves at each node.... is this weird? i know this is off topic, but all my plants look like mutants.

ganjafarma

Yea, it looked so retarded when it sprouted, too bad i didn't take any pics cuz of my camera issue.

But yea, it was like 2 sprouts with 2 roots attached together like Siamese after germination lol and when it sprouted through the soil it grew in 2 and has been like that ever since.

Anyone ever experience anything similar to this?