What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

11/22.....still makes me numb every year

What does 11/22 mean to you......?

• 11/22....just another day

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Yes, I know exactly what you're getting at

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
JFK_limousine.png

I didn't want to give it away so I was deliberately vague in my description, other than the date.

St. Phatty knew....... (y)

59th anniversary today.

RMS

:smoweed:

St. Phatty

Michael Collins Piper
"Final Judgment"
the single best history book I've ever read.

It covers American history of the 20th Century.

Also if you want to understand American History, do 4 site-searches of the NASA website. You will learn more in 5 minutes than any other thing you could do. Very time-efficient history study.

site:NASA.gov photograph of the night-time sky in the Himalayas

site:NASA.gov photograph of the night-time sky from the International Space Station

site:NASA.gov photograph of the Apollo 11 moon landing

site:NASA.gov photograph of the Apollo 17 moon landing

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The moon has almost no atmosphere to get in the way of photos. Why on earth would you expect to see stars in moon landing photos when the view is completely unobstructed in any way? ;)

armedoldhippy

Veteran
camera settings and focus distance mostly. the moon was what they were taking pictures of, and astronauts in white suits, which necessitate fast exposure times. have you tried taking pictures of the stars from earth during the day? :geek: yeah, i know "atmosphere"...sunlight, more accurately. it is always the same side of the moon that faces earth. if they set up cameras focused on the stars while on the moon, with longer exposures, they could probably get some really nice shots.

St. Phatty

The moon has almost no atmosphere to get in the way of photos. Why on earth would you expect to see stars in moon landing photos when the view is completely unobstructed in any way? ;)

Maybe LBJ didn't want to broadcast American Astronauts die-ing on the surface of the moon from Radiation Poisoning.

The radiation levels on the Moon are comparable to standing next to a large nuclear reactor.

The technique for making water on the moon is that Protons (Hydrogen Nuclei) are harvested from the solar winds.

To get oxygen, sulfates etc. (compounds with Oxygen) are heated, along with the hydrogen nuclei - and maybe a few electrons. Then add a spark maybe once a second.

Of course, the radiation coming from the sun does not just contain Protons. It is very full-spectrum radiation.

People who think the moon landing is real, should wear an astronaut suit and stand next to an un-shielded nuclear reactor for the time duration of the average moon walk.