What's new

100x70 feet grow

Status
Not open for further replies.

F.a.k.k 2

hate to say but if ur growing from seed now to put into a commerical setting, your kinda taking a step back. if you very serious u would of been growning/cloning and deciding what to use prior to any big room design.

not trying to discourage you , but in a commerical setting, time , and productivity is your main concern.

dont steal juice ur just askign to be caught, do u really think that they wont notice all that lost juice everyday ? people are paid to make sure electric audits are done, and isolated if any leaks exist.

full time daddy
Veteran
so lets get this back on track besides the fact that schools back in for the kiddy's how would any of you go abouts setting up a grow like this...?

let's down size the room just a lil to 60 x 30? unlimited fund's..... let's see hear the idea's

dyren

Disclaimer: the following is an opinion based on no experience, lots of reading, a little imagination, and a lot of drooling.

As far as running a grow in a room that size maintenance would be my biggest concern - or put another way - I'd like to have a setup that requires as little as possible maintenance and work to keep going. That being said, I think E&F or drip would be the best way to go. Personally I'd probably set up a ton of 4x8 botanicare tables and run E&F, maybe have one large rez per 2 tables or so (hmm, maybe with drip or recirc dwc you could achieve fewer rezes and thus less upkeep). I'd probably put 2/1000w or 3/600w over each table and run 4 plants/sq.ft. SOG with no veg. You could stagger the tables so you aren't harvesting too much at once. Of course generating the clones for such a system would be a colossal task in and of itself. I'd imagine you'd have a portion of the space sectioned off and perhaps another E&F table with several moms on it (running the moms in hydro and under HID = faster growth = more cuts faster).

It would definitely be a 2 person+ task to maintain such a grow. as far as the tables go, I'd either arrange them so the short side was toward a long wall and just have table after table going down the side w/ a few feet of space in between each or you could run them lengthwise against the wall with no space between (then you have the option of light movers, but if we're talking no budget then screw it, go with the 1k's.) Definitely would be thinking air cooled hoods/reflectors on the lights... could run a giant exhaust duct down the center of the room (12"+) and have intake vents along each wall so that you could run ducting from the intake, through your two 1k's and up into the central exhaust duct.

For this setup you probably only need 20' width in the room, perhaps +/- 2 or 4ft depending on how much room you prefer for movement. In a 30' x 60' I might seal off 30x10-20 at one end for veg and use the other 40 to 50ftx30 for flowering, probably 12 tables (assuming 40'), half along each side sticking inwards with just about 2' in between tables. 6 tables along a wall = 24ft of table (6x4ft) with 2ft in between (5x2=10). 24+10 = 34 so you're left with approx 6ft at one end of your flowering room for any misc. activity in which you need more then 2ft of room. In suggesting 20' width I was assuming 8' table w/ 4ft aisle in the center, then another 8ft table. So as it stands there is some unused width in this hypothetical room. If one were so inclined (for whatever reason) he could designate two identical flower rooms and run a flip flop on the lights. This would allow round the clock upkeep, or rather it would allow one to be less rushed only having to deal with half the plants during each 12hr period.

Whew, that was a fun mental exercise.... back to the real world.

Peace

edit: 4x8 table = 32sq.ft...... 4 plants/sqft = 32x4 = 128 clones per table. at 12 tables thats 1536.......ouch........ lets say you wanted to run an 8wk strain and wanted to plant two tables each week(leaving you two weeks without adding more plants to the grow - thats 256 clones a week for 6 weeks then nada for two. depending on your strains and your staggered schedule you'd probably be keeping oh i dunno.. up to 4-6 mothers of each strain (perhaps more) depending how many tables you want to run of the same strain. whew fun times

Last edited:
00420 i'm going to say go around the perimeter, 30x20 at the back for flower, with 4" rigid insulation board. get the thick foil tape, tape your seams. build your box with 2x6s, pink panther insulation, run all your plugs/piping/ventilation should have enough room for at least 16 4x4 beds if not 20 with 10" thick walls and ceiling. make sure you have them build the building with the 14' ceiling height so you can use 12' framing studs to give yourself a nice tall ceiling! lil spendier on sheet rock and insulation but that head room is just priceless!

Front part would be cut up in to another box 30x40 with the same technique as the F room which will have a framed in security door which will be accessed through this box which will be divided with standard 2x4 framing in to a drying area,veg area, work area(trimming, clones other random shit that always comes up), clean room / entrance area every door should have a deadbolt and be accessable room to room, entrace, work, veg, drying, flower since the 30x40 box and 30x20 box will butt up to one another.

me personally i'd do raised beds as my grow style. and you could do 24 beds by yourself if you just were alright with having one less crop due to a little more down time due to sheer work load

ps it also just took 45 moms to take 600 quality cuttings they are vegged in 3 gallon pots in soil less mix under 2400w. they can produce that much every 5 weeks

Y

yamaha_1fan

gdawg said:
school started back first week of august :laughing:

LOL

Well if we are going to dream, heres what I would do.

First find a good strain. LOL I learned that the hard way.

Second I would take my budget and plan for every last thing I needed including over building/planning (Like bigger fans than needed, or bigger A/C's. Then I would take that budget and multiply it by 2.

On a 100x70 setup, you are talking 7,000sq ft. That is huge. To use all that space, I would probably look at some commercial applications like used in Eurpope where its grown legally or w/o govt involvement.

heres a little reverse math. Lets say you use 5000 SQ ft. You want around 75W psf right? so that = 375,000 watts. 375,000/240 volts = 1562 Amps. If you could somehow even manage to pull that into the building, that would be a 20K electric bill.

It would have to be scaled down and use the rest of that open space as ambient air. I would have large fans installed to draw air out, like most large warehouses do.

I would build an interior room, to make it look like an office, etc. I would make sure the ceilings were made of plywood for easy installtion and centering of lights. Sucks trying to arrange your tables so they fit under a light mounted to rafters every 16" (I know you can use strips of plywood).

Ventillation and cooling would be crucial. Depending on layout, I would probably run larger ducting throughout, and use smaller ducting to branch out to the lights. Max 3 lights per branch. This would IMO be the most complicated part of planning.

I would use tables and try to use remote reses outside of the grow room. I would try to use one res for as many tables as I could, and use a system to water the tables at different times. I believe this would be more effective and efficient.

SOG or SCROG would be a tough choice. At this point I dont think anyone can consider plant #'s cause either way its a shitload. SOG would be more maint free but would require a boatload of clones. SCROG would be more work during the grow.

I would try to keep the grow one cycle versus perpetual. Maybe break it into 2 grows. I harvest every 3 weeks and it sucks. I wish it was all on cycle now and everything was done at once.

But its all a dream anyway

EDIT. As I think about it, I think some consideration towards just venting the room would have to be considered, versus aircooling the hoods and trying to A/C it. Plants grow outside when its 100+, why cant we grow them inside with high temps? If the reses were cooled, it would keep the root zones cool. It might be more practical to use some chillers with a closed loop system running through the medial to keep them cool

Last edited:
E

Evgeni_Malkin

Sorry but I am back

Sorry but I am back

Sorry for being Missing in Action.

I have read all the posts that people have left. :badday:

Anyways the plan has changed because of the advice of the icmagers.

heres the new plan

Here are some pictures of what has been setup sofar

O yea Its
100 (purple Kush Clones)
8 God Bud Seeds
5 Og Kush x G13 Haze Seeds

Soil

Not sure about the fertilizer though either
(SENSI GROW & BLOOM 2 PART
Replace your micro, grow and bloom with a simpler, easier two part formula.) or
(ADVANCED NUTRIENTS Grow Micro and Bloom) or
(GENERAL HYDROPONICS Flora Grow Micro and Bloom)

Last edited:
E

Evgeni_Malkin

better yield plus I plan juicing the area for a while so I want to try out some killer strains

Status
Not open for further replies.