What's new

1000w vs 600w vs 400w light intensity pondering

what the

My 1k hps are properly aircooled and the leaves are touching the glass, nothing is bleached or burnt. If the Co2, Temps, and Nutes are right they thrive in more light than we could ever provide them indoors

Im without AC with 2 1k lights....keep it in the 70s all the time
leaves touching the glass of a 1kW with no bleaching? No a/c and 70 deg temps?

How? That seems absolutely impossible on both counts. Did it yield 10# too?

KUSHEATER1

well my bubba's do touch the 600 watt and 400 watt homemade cooltubes and I don't get bleaching I do get my bubba to fill all the way in for my heaviest harvest yet with it on 1 plant with 30 days veg but this is my first run on flood tables, No 70 deg my high is 86 and a low of 72

currently using 4- 4ft 4 bulb fixtures cfl t8 on one wall of spare bedroom(flowering room) and 2 t8 4 bulb fixture hanging from ceiling next to each other would like to use hps bulbs hanging instead of cfl.for flowering

the area is 9 ft long, 2 ft deep so was wondering, how many lets say 600w hps needed for an area that size. i have used t8 cfl for last 2 mo for veg, works good, but 18 days into flowering and not much sorry how this looks, my first time inserting photos into messages

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
currently using 4- 4ft 4 bulb fixtures cfl t8 on one wall of spare bedroom and 2 t8 4 bulb fixture hanging from ceiling next to each other. would like to use hps bulbs hanging instead of cfl.

the area is 9 ft long, 2 ft deep so was wondering, how many lets say 600w hps needed for an area that size. i have used t8 cfl for last 2 mo for veg, works good, but 18 days into flowering and not much sorry how this looks, my first time inserting photos into messages

A 600W lamp is good for 9 sq/ft so for an 18 sq/ft area two 600W lamps should be enough.

B

Bud Bug

These are the results I've seen over the last 8 years from people going to 600 from 1000. Not just one bulbs grows these range from 10-36 lights

With the 600W, one for one most get just under or over 1lb per light. This is growing Diesel or PK. With PK it was still worth it because of the price and on average a lot of people get 1.25 lb per 1000W with PK. Another thing with 600W is the hardness of the flowers, its just not there compared to 1000W. Friend of mine just did a test and the 600W test sites did 1lb (PK) but the flowers where no where near as nice looking as the 1000W. He said bagged up the buy would go for the 1000W nuggets any day.

Now there are a couple of people that I've seen managed to maintain their numbers but these were mostly with Diesel in the 1.5lb per 600/1000 range.

The best results I've seen where with 3x600 instead of 1000W. The 600w is some situations killed the 2x1000.

Also I don't know how many people do it anymore but one person I know that used to build custom trailers, he used 2X430W HPS on a 1000W ballast. He said with the extra power the 2x430 killed the lightout put of the 1000W. This used to be a common practice here especially with the Vietnamese.

thanks for the info on the 600w hps high country, looking to buy two 600w hps system from digital greenhouse thru htg supply to start, not the latest or greatest but it is somewhere to start for first time hps user. any opinions about this product is appreciated

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
this is a great thread. im in the process of settin up a 4x4 tent and am not sure on what size light to put in there. i have a magnum6in aircooled hood and was considerin tryin a 1000w in there but temps are a major concern so i was thinkin safer with a 600w i also have a 6in440cfm canfan i was plannin on using to cool the hood which will be insulated. the plan would be for me to take air out of the room which is about 75deg blow it though the hood and back out of the tent to keep my tent sealed so i dont loose ne co2. i cant run ac without addin a circut. or extension cord. kusheater can u explain ur ventilation setup. and i would love to hear how i could run 2 1000ks no ac and be in the 70s maybe a shed outdoors in the south pole? whats the secrete?
peace stone

Latest posts

Latest posts