What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000w Perpetual SOG Closet

Cannabean

hey guys thanks for dropping in :wave:

loco81: yo thanks for stopping by! I'll be watching how those huge girls you've got turn out. :joint:

bumble buddy: hmm I'm not sure about the td200x being able to do 4k...two for sure...maybe 4 with a cold intake

707corridor: hey thanks dude I'll be trying to keep my shit tight as possible :nanana: I got the nextgen ballast at horticulturesource.com for $333 definitely some tight shit. :woohoo:

Thanks skunkydemon and phillthy! here are some more pics for you :canabis:

picture.php

8" x 24" intake...into a closet...explain that to the landlord.

picture.php

veg cab full to the brim!

picture.php

Some leftover babies to be made into temp moms...I think 2 OG kush, a GDP, a White russian, and a bubba kush

picture.php

Here is a gdp clone rooted in a 3x3 cube and ready to be a moved to a 6" pot to mother out.

picture.php

2 gdp and 2 bubba kush temp moms

picture.php

Flowering Day 5
ph 5.8 ec 1.3
55% rh, 65°

SkunkyDemon

Great looking pics, as always. Iv noticed that you use mostly rockwool, have you tried any other substrait? Im use hydroton stricly now. Is great because you dont have to keep buying you substrait. Iv been runing the same 70bls now for almost two years. I use it in my DWC and my two E&F tables in the pots as well as like two inches in the tables themselfs for the roots to hide in. I was using rockwool just for cloning untell I made a aeroponic cloner.:2cents:
Peace

Cannabean

Great looking pics, as always. Iv noticed that you use mostly rockwool, have you tried any other substrait? Im use hydroton stricly now. Is great because you dont have to keep buying you substrait. Iv been runing the same 70bls now for almost two years. I use it in my DWC and my two E&F tables in the pots as well as like two inches in the tables themselfs for the roots to hide in. I was using rockwool just for cloning untell I made a aeroponic cloner.:2cents:
Peace

yo thanks skunkydemon.:respect:
I love rockwool! :woohoo: I use rockwool floc in my veg tent only and for 1 week of veg for the clones in cubes.

I buy the loose floc in bales at $40 each and it lasts so long, I'm still only halfway through my first bale including the 3 5gal girls I did last grow. It definitely needs a proper pre-soak though.

I've grown in soilless mix before and keep my bonsai mums in soil but I just can't stand dirt, I hate it and suck at growin in it :wallbash:
Rockwool floc in pots gives me soil portability with hydro growth and no tubing or standing water to worry about.

Today was trim day and I took some pics. SOG experts please critique my lollypopping

picture.php

Pre-lollypoping day 6.

picture.php

Post-lollypoping day 6.

picture.php

picture.php

AbaZabba

Hey CannaBean,

Nice setup you have here, I really like your drip manifold cleanliness. Your post lollipop trimming looks good, that strain looks pretty ideal for what you're doing.

Keep it green :rasta:

bbing

Puts some VeryLST on your BDH Moms, they took it well and I have a nicely defined canopy very similar to Sat DOM Agent Orange. She has a real menthol reek with her skunk!

Where the fuck did I leave my keys?:wallbash:
ooohhh yeaaaahhh....."L" "S" "Keeeeeeyyyy"

bambam

Cannabean- All is looking well my man! Love it, working on a coco sog myself and was just wondering if i could pick your brain a sec.

1. From what i got off reading your post you only vegged for one week?

2.When you lollipop your girls do you chop everything from lets say the 4node down from the top?

3. How far off the tops is your light? I grow trees and find that 18-24 inches with my 1000 works nice. Just wondering if i should keep it the same.

Thanks for any and all info you have for me bro. Will keep my eyes open for updates. Good luck and thanks agian. BamBam

Cannabean

Hey bambam thanks for the interest! :friends:
1. From what i got off reading your post you only vegged for one week?
Yup, I moved the rooted babies to rockwool cubes on jan 31st. I had the rockwool cubes sitting on top of a 72site clone tray in a 1020 tray half filled with water. After a week all of the plants had roots hanging down at least 1" from the bottom of the cube. I transplanted them to the tables and flowering on feb 8th.

2.When you lollipop your girls do you chop everything from lets say the 4node down from the top?
I was trying to replicate the lollypopping Stoney419:)respect:) does in his SOG while taking into consideration that I run a slightly lower plants/sq.ft. than him so I trimmed up to the 3rd or 4th node...
After a week and after seeing stoney's new sog it looks like I should have trimmed to the 2nd or even very top node....I think there might be some crowding...what do you think?? :joint:
picture.php

3. How far off the tops is your light? I grow trees and find that 18-24 inches with my 1000 works nice. Just wondering if i should keep it the same.
I started flowering with the light 36" above the clones since I was afraid they wouldn't like the 1000w initially...seems like some girls arn't liking the hotspots but they took it fine. Right now the bulb is 28" above the canopy.

here are some more...:canabis:
picture.php

picture.php

bbing

I would say take the last two (lowest) brachts. Focus the energy to the primary cola if thats what you want to do. i dont believe its too late. Each strain can have its preference to it but this seem like a good candidate.

btw thats about where I run my AO in SOG

bambam

:joint:Thanks for all the info man. Just wanted to make sure i was on the right track and it looks like i am. I am going to run a group of plants in 2 gallon or 1gallon coco pots. Yet to figure that one out. It will all be done under a 1000watter in a 4x4 grow tent. I have hit over one pound running 7-8 larger plants in 3 and 5 gallon buckets. I just want to run that sog for the simple reason that i have yet to do one lol. I am the type of person that wants to do it all. I have done DWC,CoCo,big plants, and now i would like to see a sog.

1. In a 4x4 under a 1000 what do you or anyone for that matter that wants to chime in here think a good number of plants would be? I am thinking i should do 16 and vegg for two weeks(that depends on what cut i use)

2. What should i look for in a "SOG Plant"? I have some slow veggers like my Socal master kush cut that i feel would be great in a sog. Low strech and even branching. I fear that if i lolipoped her i would not get to much in the way of nugg off her? I have others that Strech up to 100% when fliped. What one of these would be better for the SOG? Any help on this would be nice to have so speak up. I see that you use a sativa dom cut for yours so I would assume you want so strech. No?

Thanks man for all the help and you sog guys out in icmag land keep it rocking and rolling .

P

Peat

Man, I've been lurking at this one too long!
Better jump on in before I get too far behind.

I really like your setup, Cannabean! :yes:
Very nice vent work! :respect:

I'm working w/ 1 kW myself. :friends:
I'm in soil,
but looking at coco E&F SOG in the not so distant future.

In the meantime, I've got some learning to do....

=====================
Hey bambam, :wave:
I've seen you do some good work with Grape Krush. :respect:
I can squeeze 16 - 3 gal pots on my 4x4 DIY drain floor / table.
If I were working with 1 gal pots, I might could squeeze 64 on there...

Cannabean

hey bbing! I took off most of the lower two branches on the bdh and they seemed to respond well. lets see those BDH of yours! :canabis:

bambam, sounds like you've got some ideas brewing!:yes: If you're shooting for a sog grow, I'd use the 64 1gal pots like peat suggests.
Socal master sounds like the perfect plant too, shes on the list to run in my SOG as well.
The BDH are a more stretchy sativa but also a good producer so they like and need a good lollypopping. Since I'm running GDP in the next tray and she stretches much less, I plan to veg her a bit more and lollypop less.

Peat! thanks for stopping by man, I like your 1kw flowers man, they look bomb. and good luck with the coco sog, I'll be watching out for that one like a hawk :rasta:

Alrighty time for a decent update.

Veg tent
At the moment in the veg tent I have:
1 - Bubba kush temp mom in 2gal pot
2 - Bubba kush temp moms in 6" pots
2 - OG kush apothecary temps in 6" pots
1 - BDH temp in 6" pot
1 - GDP temp in 6" pot
50 site Cloner with 40 gdp clones and 10 various others

picture.php

Big bk mom

picture.php

2 bk moms

picture.php

2 OGKa moms

picture.php

gdp temp mom

picture.php

bdh temp mom (recently moved to rockwool pot after sitting in cloner w/o food for a few weeks)

I am getting ready to fill the other table with 28 grandaddy purples and the mother was finally ready so I took 40 cuts off her and 2 mini-temp moms I later culled from the veg tent.
picture.php

culled gdp temp mom in rockwool floc

picture.php

after taking 30+ off her

picture.php

trimmed up and ready to be flowered.

picture.php

gdp flowering day 6 or so.

picture.php

full rack of clones, mostly GDP, a few bk and some leftovers I need to cull.

Flowering day 24
pH - 5.9
EC - 1.9
(1.7 ec of GH lucas formula + .2 ec Botanicare sweet + hygrozyme @ 5ml/gal)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

BDH fan leaves

picture.php

lone GDP in flowering table - day 24

picture.php

lone BK in flowering table - day 24

Thanks for the comments/questions everyone!:respect: Things should start picking up around here shortly :woohoo:

bbing

Very nice!
Those sticks are gonna get FAT!
Yeah you want to focus the energy, just...like...that!

:laughing:

your looking very closed to dialed right outta the gate on this run bro.

BDH t-moms have found the buckets and are starting stack. Think they should be a week or so behind you. ill throw some updates in the album this p.m.

Great threads man. I just read all 4 of your logs and I have not enjoyed reading logs as much as I enjoyed reading yours. Not a bunch of B/S...just str8 to the point and lots of very nice pictures. I look forward to seeing how this turns out bud.

pce

Latest posts

Latest posts