What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000w HPS Grape ape/Skunk #1

BFP420

Im a first time grower with the strains grape ape and skunk #1. The Grape ape is a very interesting strain which ive smoked multiple times, has a very powerful high and tastes even better. I got a clone of her and am hoping to god roots pop. I got 5 Sk#1 seeds germinating right now. I'll posts pics in the next couple days of my setup and the clone/seeds. So hopefully you guys wanna watch and help this newbie out to make this Grape ape come to life!!!
:bat:

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
is that just a 1k bulb no reflector or air cooled hood or cooltube in a closet ????

if this is the case i sure hope you read alot before using that setup because setup as is you'll fry them poor plants.
is there any ventilation for your grow erea like fresh air coming in bottom 1 side hot exhaust out top other side of erea.

you being i 1st time grower i do suggest read read and read some more you'll find many 1k hps grows going on look into them see how thier setup. you'll need to be setup simular

BFP420

Maj.Pothead, yes i do know all about heat dissapation and how much light/heat the 1000w hps gives off. ive got a large box fan pulling cold fresh air through a window and a 3 speed Stanley blower inside the closet which moves quit a bit CFM's.(they got a tutorial somewhere on this site how to contruct one to best use). So, the closet has temps in the 70's-80's range, let alone my rooms freeezzzzinnggg at night. thanks for the advice tho. :wave:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got any more info on soil, nutes,equipment....you gonne use

BFP420

sup core, ya im just using normal pro soil, and am going to be using botnicare pro veg nutes and botnicare pro bloom nutes. :joint: I also got a couple Flors for cloning and seedlings.

Maj.PotHead

End Cannibis Prohibition Now Realize Legalize !!
Mentor
Veteran
BFP420 said:
Maj.Pothead, yes i do know all about heat dissapation and how much light/heat the 1000w hps gives off. ive got a large box fan pulling cold fresh air through a window and a 3 speed Stanley blower inside the closet which moves quit a bit CFM's.(they got a tutorial somewhere on this site how to contruct one to best use). So, the closet has temps in the 70's-80's range, let alone my rooms freeezzzzinnggg at night. thanks for the advice tho. :wave:
stanely blower fan modd :http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=29341

right on glad ta understand about the heat the 1k hps is gonna produce just with {Im a first time grower } and seing the way your running makes ppl like me kinda worry lol :) glad its under control for you. duder i love that stanely fan its quite and strong i can touch my 400w hps air cooled hood' glass 5 hrs after its been on n/p. theres ppl usen the stanely fan on cool tube w/400w hps unsure about the heat from a 1k though

G

hope ur seeds pop my friend i just got 2 of 3 of my sk1 seeds to pop in 5 hrs

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Yum Yum...gotta love the Grape :yummy:

I just grew some Grape bagseed (dunno bout its genetics) and it is an amazing taste and scent of grapes, and a wonderfull buzz too.

Good luck on getting your Grape in Shape :wink:

Good Luck with your first grow also...you're in good hands with these guys ^ :ying:

BFP420

Maj.Pothead, ya that stanley blower is a dream its ultra quite and moves so much air. cant wait to get more pics up tho.

BFP420

Day 1
well heres a lil update, i got 4 seeds to add on Blue mystic which all three have popped and is in the soil and 1 bubblegum seed(hope its a fem!). The grape ape clone is showing signs of new growth and beggining to green up. all 5 skunk #1's are under soil have been planted just waiting to pop above.

One of the blue mystic above soil.

The Bubblegum seed is already growing leaves.

Last edited:

BFP420

Day 2
its the 2nd day since both the Blue mystic and bubblegum popped above soil. Both bm and bg are growing nicely and normaly. Unfortuantly the grape ape clone died :badday:, but no worries ill probably end up gettin another clone. The Skunk #1 seeds havent popped above the soil yet but hopefully soon.
heres some pics

Blue mystic(sorry my digi cam sucks only 1mp)

Bubblegum

BFP420

Day 3

Not much has happened since yesterday, the leaves are slightly bigger and the 2nd set is popping out on one of the BM and the BG.

Group shot of BM

Biggest BM

BubbleGum

:joint:

BFP420

Day 4
:wave: !PeAcE!, thanks for the post man, i did alot of research on this whole operation so i hope it comes out well.

Well its day 4 and the second set of leaves are coming in veryyy slowly, or so i think, but none the less they are growing. I got another BG seed germing right now and is already cracked. I also got a Blue widow bagseed germing and cant wait to grow it.

BG

BM

G

soil mix?

soil mix?

Looks like a kinda heavy soil mix my man.. you would get a lot faster growth if you added some perlite to it...

Latest posts

Latest posts