What's new

1000w 4x4 flood/drain SOG

N

Neptune

How's things looking Vhghost?

Heres a few pics of a room early last week...
The room is 2400w side by side E&F sog and DWC, each system has 1200w.

First hydro grow, should be fun
:joint:

HYDROJUNKIE

nice grow vhghost,...ill be following this one as Ive just threw out my dwc buckets of 4 years and im in the process of setting up 4 4x4 flood tables with 4k.
just need some table stands and 2 100 gallon reservoirs and thats it.
does anyone think a 1500 gph pump can feed 4 trays? and is 2 100 gallon reservoirs too much? thanks...

G

Vhghost - Lookin real nice mang, hardy plants and a neat & clean setup. makes me wanna setup my tables again :D

Hydrojunkie - I think you'd be good with 200 gallons of resivoir .

1500gph should easily feed 4 trays.

sounds like you're gonna have a keyed up room mang!

Potroast

V

vhGhost

HYDROJUNKIE said:
nice grow vhghost,...ill be following this one as Ive just threw out my dwc buckets of 4 years and im in the process of setting up 4 4x4 flood tables with 4k.
just need some table stands and 2 100 gallon reservoirs and thats it.
does anyone think a 1500 gph pump can feed 4 trays? and is 2 100 gallon reservoirs too much? thanks...

hydro depending on what stages of growth the plants(ineach table) are in you might only need (2) 16-30Gal REs's. ( I use a 16 Gal Res for my 4x4)*and a 32 Gal for my 4x8 table.

if you have lets say TAble(TBL)1 & 2 on 1 res with 2 pumps in the res you can flood 2 trays that are in the same cycle(week)*just make sure that the flood times are different to allow for the water to drain back to the res.

This way you can have 2 trays 1 month ahead of the others.

PS. for table stands just use Buckets.( you know the one's your not useing :D) Btw i gave up Dwc also. :D

G

I think it depends on what medium you use as to how deep and how often you're gonna wanna flood, and this will also determine how quickly the nutes get soaked up....

rockwool only needs a shallow layer of water to wick up , where as you wanna get a bit deeper when using hydroton or other mediums that don't soak up so much water.

Potroast

V

vhGhost

good point potroast , i forgot to mention that i only use about 2-3 inches of hydroton because i don't feel you need much more than that for short vegged plants.

V

vhGhost

i'll have updates before this weekend... going on day 28 of 45'ish almost done ... them girls are @ 1600-1750ppm going to drop all the nutes to 900(with overdrive) for the last week before flushing. for flushing i'm going to use final phase :D

Ps. the buds are looking mighty fine!

V

vhGhost

ok before the weekend came fast here you all go .... day 28 .. aaaand 17 days to go

HYDROJUNKIE

Thanks for the feedback guys,...I think ill use my buckets to hold my trays,..I dont know why I didnt think of that. :chin: .lol
my first run Ill be using 8' coco pots from GH filled with coco and a coco mat underneath the pots,..Im going coo coo for coco :woohoo:
a friend of mine turned me on to that and said he gets a fat root mass under the mat and only has to water 2-3 times a day,..only drawback is you cant move the pots..
I think ill use a 100g res for all 4 trays with 2 pumps on different cycles....I like that idea...
I remember talking shit about flood n drain a couple years ago and now look at me :biglaugh:

HYDROJUNKIE

I have no experience with using coco vhghost but my friend seems to really like it for the fact that he doesnt have to feed that often and he says it keeps the ph stable...
he owns a hydro store and tries just about every method and has always given me great advice over the years,...he also said that 5ml per gallon of cal mag should be used.

edit:heres a post I took from SUBY:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-don't cheap on the quality when it comes to coco slabs, the bagged coco by Canna is my favorite.
-using nutrients designed for coco is the easiest way to feed MJ in coco, it has special nutrient requirements.
-pre-rinse any coco you are about to use with a calcium/magnesium solution to balance the coco's food web.
-the most common deficienty in coco is calcium and to a lesser extent magnesium.
-the most common overdose is K in the beginning as it is a major part of the initial web.
-coco is naturally rich in trichoderma, at 10% of your soil mix it can really improve the quality of the mix.
-coco can be reused 3-4 times before it sees the vegetable garden, thus in the long run can be cheaper and luss cumbersome than soil.

Last edited:
V

vhGhost

ok quick up date .. day 33ish .. and the overdrive is starting to take effect!

next pics will be after harvest! :D

V

vhGhost

neptune thanks .. im not going to get 1lb/light on this run because this strain in known for potency and not yield. This harvest will cure for at least 1 month before i start to enjoy it :D . well worth the wait though.

Next grow in this 4x4 i will have 12 plants on the out rim of the flood/drain table and will veg them alot bigger, with a strong net on the inside of the plants kinda like 1 of those rotating gadens.
Kinda like this .

N

Neptune

cool idea.. i have thought about doing 5 gallon buckets, DWC around a center bulb also, maybe have 2-3 circles of DWC in the room with verticle lighting...should be nice yields!

V

vhGhost

All Cloudy Thrichs

All Cloudy Thrichs

Started to flush today, thrichs are all cloudy and by the end of flush they should be mostly amber :D

l_d_d

Nice thread vhGhost. Things look niiice. Sweet grow.

and ya that was quick!

Ive done the 16 to a 4x4 before with the 1 ft big net baskets for buckets, liked that.

That new design you just put up looks interesting man. Look forward to seeing more of that.

... whaddup Noruas ;) see ya finally made the switch.

V

vhGhost

thnx guys i'm going to try and flush untill next thursday but i don't think its needed because i haven't fed any nitrogen since week 3 of flower :D