What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000 Watt 9 Plant Recirculating DWC Recovering from Evil Hydro Hut

simpleword

Thanks ch9!

Here we are another 2 days later.

16264IMGP2410.png

ogenko

nice recovery
they are coming back killer!
did you send you're hydro hut back to have it repaired???

simpleword

Thanks much ogenko! I haven't sent the hut back yet and don't know if I will.

Okay, now another 3 days. I am gonna give her a little prune and then switch her to 12/12 in a few days.

16264IMGP2423.jpg

bluenorth

I'm building that exact setup right now and have a few questions I'd really appreciate if you could give me some input on.

1) How many gallons are in your control bucket. I'm guessing your system holds around 45gal total?.
2) Do you have screens in your return lines.
3) How many sqf is your area.
4)What size water pump are you using
5)What size air pump

My space is 6'x6' I was thinking of using 4- 600watt (air cooled)giving about 65 w/sqf. I read 600 is good for 3'x3' so would this be ideal? Do you have your feed lines attached by barbs to the main line? I'm not real comfortable with that idea, I would like something more like a manifold but haven't seen anything yet. Thanks again for any assistance.

simpleword

bluenorth said:
I'm building that exact setup right now and have a few questions I'd really appreciate if you could give me some input on.

1) How many gallons are in your control bucket? I'm guessing your system holds around 45gal total?. I don't remember the total gallons in the control bucket but when I calculated total system water at an 8 inch water level it was around 35 gallons, and a few gallons less at 7 inches (which is what it is at now)
2) Do you have screens in your return lines? Sure do.
3) How many sqf is your area? 20 square feet.
4)What size water pump are you using? 185 GPH for system, 633 GPH for chiller
5)What size air pump? I have an 80 watt 88 LPM airpump which is more than enough, as it ran 24 buckets before.

My space is 6'x6' I was thinking of using 4- 600watt (air cooled)giving about 65 w/sqf. I read 600 is good for 3'x3' so would this be ideal? Do you have your feed lines attached by barbs to the main line? I'm not real comfortable with that idea, I would like something more like a manifold but haven't seen anything yet. Thanks again for any assistance.

I'm not amazingly experienced but that seems like a good amount of lighting for that area. I'm closer to 50 w/sqf. but would be more comfortable with 65 or so.

As far as the feed lines go, I have them attached by barbs and have never had a problem. As long as there isn't too much water pressure per barb you should be fine

Good Luck!

Ogenko, I just put panda plastic under the plants and on the two sides that didn't have a wall within a foot or so. Thanks!

D

DaveMR

simpleword said:
Thanks much ogenko! I haven't sent the hut back yet and don't know if I will.

Okay, now another 3 days. I am gonna give her a little prune and then switch her to 12/12 in a few days.

16264IMGP2423.jpg

Hello, excellent set up and I have been watching the recovery, well done :)
You mention pruning, just how and how much will you be pruning off, I have 5 huindu kush in at the moment, have been turned down a week and wow there are massive fan leaves everywhere, so maybe I need a pruning too :)

OgreSeeker

simpleword said:
Stealthy: I'll get some more pics up for ya soon. That is the main controller tub. The white plastic thing is a float valve attached to a reservoir for auto watering.

I think he was talking about that plastic thing that is actually submerged...not the float valve. Looks like something plastic under the water.

ogenko

simpleword said:
The thing that is submerged is not plastic it is actually a pump with a filter bag on it.
a must have
those little feeder lines and barbed connectors can be easily clogged

HeresTheDank

nice lookin grow. about how big of an area does it take for the buckets? Those 5 gallon dwc buckets are awesome. i had two clones i started in a hydrofarm emilys garden...WHACK then put them in 5 gal dwc and they took off. they're overfilling my small grow box that i had built to fill with 4 buckets or 6 plants in the emilys garden.

simpleword

Well she's 8 days into flowering now guys! I'll post some pics when the lights flip back on (if i remember). Things are going great right now, save for a small amount of light bleaching due to a little laziness (had to switch those stupid light hangers back to chains). Only 7 or 8 weeks to go!

drymouth

Hey simpleword, very nice setup... love the dwc approch I will be building my own setup on my next run, hope your around so I can get some good advice. I see your working with the hindu skunk... very nice choice! I got my eye on this grow good luck.