What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

100 gallon smart pot? or 200??

DRwood

I was wondering which one i should go with 100 gallons or 200 gallons what is the average yeild off each one. Obviously 200 is going to be more, I guess what i was asking is for guesstimates on how much yeild you could get off each....Also I would like to know if anyone has a good resipe for soil mixture that has maxium yeild???Any help would be apreciated. Thanks!!

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
200s all day. and dont bother wasting your money from smartpot.com make your own! pond underlayment

G

guest8905

your yeild will be based upon your ability to grow, the strain, the weather and a whole lotta other stuff. ive seen 4 in a 100 and 4 in a 200. but ive also seen 6 in a 200 sooo.....

DRwood

Soil mixture?

Soil mixture?

I have some nice plants right now they should be over 2 to 3 feet in June....The strains are solid (GC, GDP...etc..) I was wondering of a good soil mixture that would allow me to get a good 3-4 off each plant...I do have an atomizer as well for foilar feeding...does anyone have a nice foliar mixture they could give me?

DRwood

do you think Maxicrop seaweed would work ok for the grow stage for foilar feeding??? Can I use my atomizer while plants are not yet in the ground? (meaning they are still in 5 gallon plastic pots) All advice is apreicated!

talktosamson

Veteran
absolutely the 200's friend. I average 4 per 200 gallon pot and had a pineapple go 6 lbs last year in full sun.

thats dope

you CAN get 5 in a 200...

you do not want less... :)

the double the cost in dirt is worth it!

I got 4# in 65 gallon smart pots Summer 2012. All day.

Going to 200 this year. Will that be proportionate? 65 =4 | 200 =13?

I don't know - doubt it. 4 - 8 would be outstanding. we will see.

~thatsdope

talktosamson

Veteran
I got 4# in 65 gallon smart pots Summer 2012. All day.

Going to 200 this year. Will that be proportionate? 65 =4 | 200 =13?

I don't know - doubt it. 4 - 8 would be outstanding. we will see.

~thatsdope

I've never seen anyone eclipse 5-6 packs out of a 200 gallon pot. And that's a huge root bound plant by that point....

Z

Z-ro

Given the choice, Ill take 2 x 100s over 1 x 200 every single time, and especially 4x100 vs 1x400. Only way I would do otherwise is if I were forced to with plant count limits. I do have about 30% 200s in my gardens, the rest are 100s.

Maccgyver

I've never seen anyone eclipse 5-6 packs out of a 200 gallon pot. And that's a huge root bound plant by that point....

U never saw my growlast year then its over on,gc which is allmessed right now. Posted my outdoor grow here today. Got 2 400s a 200 and 100s and65s. A hodge podge ofpots hahaha. But anyway last year I pulled 4.5 to 5 and some change from the 100s, 3.5 to 4 from my 65s and my 200 gallon blackberry was 7 pounds. So yeah u cn pul close to 10 out ofa200 if done right. My 25 and 20 gallonspulled 1 and a half to 1 pound apiece. This year aiming for 10 pounds from my 400s. Wouldnt doless then 200s now that I have experience usingall the pot sizes.

talktosamson

Veteran
U never saw my growlast year then its over on,gc which is allmessed right now. Posted my outdoor grow here today. Got 2 400s a 200 and 100s and65s. A hodge podge ofpots hahaha. But anyway last year I pulled 4.5 to 5 and some change from the 100s, 3.5 to 4 from my 65s and my 200 gallon blackberry was 7 pounds. So yeah u cn pul close to 10 out ofa200 if done right. My 25 and 20 gallonspulled 1 and a half to 1 pound apiece. This year aiming for 10 pounds from my 400s. Wouldnt doless then 200s now that I have experience usingall the pot sizes.

touche sir, I forget sometimes that you get much more intense light in California than we do here in Oregon....It seems here its about 2 pounds per 100 gallons of soil if done right. 2oo gallon of soil usually equals 4 pounds and so on. Just checked out your grow, looks like some monsters going on! I wish I could put my plants out that early, but alas we have probably two more weeks before that's feasible.

Maccgyver

Yeah ur more North so gonnabe colder unfortunately. Oregon is sweet though never been want to go. I am growing out strains from a Oregon Breeder Sanctuary Gardens. He has awesome gear. Good luck on ur grow this year and thnks for the kind words.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I gotta agree I've seen "roughly" 200 gal. holes dug out that had a hard time yielding 5 packs..anything over that and I want documentation and pics or it didn't happen lol:biggrin:

Lochinvar

I gotta agree I've seen "roughly" 200 gal. holes dug out that had a hard time yielding 5 packs..anything over that and I want documentation and pics or it didn't happen lol:biggrin:

the key is to feed heavy early on and foilar feed. once youve gotten to the point of "catch-up", its too late for higher yields. they will need water more frequently than in a larger pot. cant ever let em wilt either. ive seen it and done it and 10# is possible with certain strains.

no pics for you, doubting Thomas. lol

sacramental

Last year I bought 3 200's and 2 100's. Didn't get a chance to use the since everything went in ground or in boxes instead. I'm hoping to bust them out this season though so I should have a good comparison.

Best of luck!

Latest posts

Latest posts