What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10 LR2s and 10 Master Lows ...

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Hi All,

As promised, here's a full update on the progress of my AF grow :smile:

Of whats left we now have 3 LR2's in coco, 1 LR2 in soil and 4 Master Lows in soil. At this time I'm feeding the coco plants with Canna coco A+B at around 1-1.5ml per liter (EC 1.0-1.25) and the soil plants are receiving 2 ml per liter of Home & Garden's 1-Component earth feed. So far they seem to be enjoying it, although one plant did seem to get a little "scorched" when I first started giving the 1-Comp (my soil is prefed with manure so maybe there was a "hot spot" in there). This week I'll start administering the "Top Booster" (H&Gs' PK13/14) and next week all plants will be given Bud XL until the end of week 8 when I'll flush for a week.

You'll also notice that they're now in 2 different locations. Some room opened up in the "HPS tent" and so I now have 3 of the ML and 2 of the LR2 in there under 850watts of HPS goodness. The other 3 will continue to flower under 250 watts of big red CFL until such time as I can squeeze them in the other tent to finish with the rest :smile:

They're currently at the end of week 5 (I plan to let them go 9 weeks) and they're starting to "bud up" nicely... the next lot of pics will be much more exciting for certain :D

happy growing all
j :smile:

Attachments

• Image139.jpg
    Image139.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Image140.jpg
    Image140.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 11
  • Image141.jpg
    Image141.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Image142.jpg
    Image142.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 12

JamieShoes

Veteran
Hi All,

Here's a quick update for you :smile:

So far all the remaining AFs are budding up nicely and responding well to the "bud xl" I've been giving them. Of the 2 varieties, what I'm seeing is that the Masterlow are staying shorter and more compact with really tight indernode spacing. This will hopefull offer a nice fatty cola when then time comes, it certainly looks like it as this stage and of the 2 kinds this one smells more to my liking with an earthy yet sweet tone (very kushy, as you might expect :D). The LR2s on the other hand are a fair bit stretchier and while they're filling out ok, I don't see the potential for the "one big bud" with this one. These still look as though they will match the MLs for yield, but the structure means that some of the buds will be a bit small and popcorny (is that a word? - tiz now :wink:).. This one also smells nice but very different to the MLs with a more piney, skunky smell to it...

not long now and I'll start flushing them... I reckon theres between 10 and 14 days left to go all told :smile:

pics to follow...

happy growing
j

JamieShoes

Veteran
finally all the AFs are in one location again, and tonight they recieved their last feed. I'll flush them now for 7 days and see how they're looking then. If they need a little longer, I'll let the pots go dry while they finish off :smile:

cheers all

Attachments

• af.2.27.05.09.JPG
    af.2.27.05.09.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 14
  • af.group.27.05.09.JPG
    af.group.27.05.09.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 16

JamieShoes

Veteran
I'm doing my best mate :D

these are supposed to come out this week, but I think I might let them go 10 weeks instead of nine and pull em next week... we'll see how they go this week :smile:

I kinda need em to hurry along though... My Amnesia Haze and Power Plant grow is looking to get flipped this week or next week and so I'll need the space :wink: (I don't even have a diary for that grow mate hehehe)

D

Denial N Error

Yeah i'd definitely let them run the full 10 weeks, seem to be slightly better tasting to me at 10 weeks.

Keep it up!

JamieShoes

Veteran
just been to look in on them and I'm sure they won't be finished this week.. 10 weeks it is then... that'll work out nicely for the rotation too :D

I

IceColdCrickets

from your pics,, you are doing great but there is something wrong with your setup, they are behind in growth and yield, not to burst your bubble or anything, they are just behind. out of all the AFs I have grown out most like Organic newts , chem newts dont have the best results in soil, or coco. PH is best at 6.5-6.8 for most AFs in soil, and 5.4 - 5.8 in hydro. I dont know what your setup is but there is something they dont like in there. What is your light ,, that single 250watt CFL?

ICC

JamieShoes

Veteran
from your pics,, you are doing great but there is something wrong with your setup, they are behind in growth and yield, not to burst your bubble or anything, they are just behind. I dont know what your setup is but there is something they dont like in there. What is your light ,, that single 250watt CFL?

ICC

I agree, no bubble being burst here mate :smile:

I'm sure these will be behind in terms of output as they have not had an easy life of it... When I started these off it was to see how they would fare if I treated them mean. I wanted to know if I could run AFs without disrupting any of my other grows by moving them here there and every where (so far they have spent time under 190 watts of blue CFL, 250 watts of red CFL (125 x2) and 850 watts of HPS..all depending on what the rest of my projects were doing at the time (this also means they're moved from 20/4 to 18/6 to 12/12 to 18/6 - I suspect they really DIDN'T like that :wink:).

I know it's a bit unfair of me to have started them without having a proper plan for them, but that was kind of the idea, to see if they could be grown without spendning any extra resources on them and within the limitations of my current setup (3 areas running different light times and wattages).

When the time comes and I pull them, I'll be doing a full report with my findings, but as you already point out, what I find is that AFs should be grown with love and attention as with all plants and deserve "proper trreatment" if you want to achieve good results. I put this down to the short life cycle of the plant which means that any small issues are more difficult to fix as "the damage is already done" in a lot of cases. In my case I have one that has not been moved around as much as the others and looks so much better for it.

My best guess is that I'll manage around 10g from them on average, but of course you can never really tell til they're dry. Other things I would say at this point are that next time I run them it will be in one location, either out doors or under the 250 red CFL set up as that seems to be where they're happiest (maybe the CFL offers "enough" penetration as the AFs don't have so much to penetrate and benefit from the proximity of the light) I'll be looking to make seeds next time too as I'm far from finished "experimenting" with AFs.. I just need to make them fit my personal needs a little better...

on a positive note.. they stink BLOODY LOVELY :D:D

JamieShoes

Veteran
thanks for looking in guys... update to follow in a few hours, funny enough I was just up taking pics :D

The plan was to chop em today, but I'm leaving them til Saturday as this also suits my rotation and everything will move nicely in sync :smile:

I probably could chop em today but I'm going for 73 days :wink:

D

Denial N Error

Excellent. I ran one to 76 days and that was my favorite tasting.. 70 was great too.

I have a few that need to come down in a few weeks also i'll have to share some pics with ya'.

JamieShoes

Veteran
better taste always sounds better to me mate :D... I'm watching these closley and feel they can happily make then extra time without going over :smile:

Ok so here are a few fotos from yesterday, as you can see I've given them a "mammoth" hair cut in order to see exactly what's there :smile:

Looks like a nice bit of smoke too, if you check the "close up" (I mean the bad bad blurry shit pic..lol) a lot of crystal can be seen, not only that, but as I've been saying for weeks now, they smell really tasty.

To be fair (as mentioned previously) I probably could have made these yeild a bit more had I dedicated an area to them, but what I'm really keen to see is how they smoke. If the nay sayers are to be believed these will be mid potent mild tasting middies .. but I have to tell you they look anything but... to me they smell VERY pungent and I'm seeing a veritable snow storm in there too :D

chopping on Saturday on the back of a 10 day flush.... more news to follow
cheers

Attachments

• AF.group1.10.06.09.jpg
    AF.group1.10.06.09.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 17
  • AF.solo.10.06.09.jpg
    AF.solo.10.06.09.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 18
  • AF.group2.10.06.09.jpg
    AF.group2.10.06.09.jpg