What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10 LR2s and 10 Master Lows ...

Yep, i've had some ML seeds take 11 days to sprout before, after about 14 days I throw em out, but ya' never know. :D

Lookin good bro

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
I have noticed that a lot of the afs out there need to be scuffed or the pointy tips of the seeds need to be broken open for the seeds to germ. Af seeds seem to have a thicker shell to peel off then most other seeds for some reason or other. When doing this all my seeds seem to germ and shoot sprouts within 4-5 days germinated in rapid rooters. Usually a 100 success rate but one or two might die off in the veg process. Usually the runts do.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
I have noticed that a lot of the afs out there need to be scuffed or the pointy tips of the seeds need to be broken open for the seeds to germ. Af seeds seem to have a thicker shell to peel off then most other seeds for some reason or other. When doing this all my seeds seem to germ and shoot sprouts within 4-5 days germinated in rapid rooters. Usually a 100 success rate but one or two might die off in the veg process. Usually the runts do.

i will try this on my next run...

i sometimes just put the seed on the table and press till i here a pop that works well but some times the seed are so dam hard im to scared to push harder

I just precrack the tips of mine with tweezers, works great everytime.. once you learn how to do it(practice on a few) then its easy, and yeah, they will germ about 100% as mentioned when precracking.. i've done some side by sides, non precrack takes alot longer to germ, and some dont germ at all.

peace

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
well it's funny you should ask MWG :smile:

after you mentioned it the other day I've been on the look out for "make a sexy parts" <borat> and this morning can confirm that the 2 tallest (LR2) in my pics (bottom right) are a couple of lads.

I'd kinda suspected they both might be as they just shot off from the start leaving everything else behind.. I've moved them into another room in the hope that one or both of them will deliver some pollen, and all being well, I'll use this pollen on one of the other LR2 fems and ML fems (and maybe some non autos later) as these 2 showed the most vigour and are clear 100% "auto" :smile:

cheers
j

JamieShoes

Veteran
the score so far...

the late edition doesn't look like it's going to make it, sadly. and I've confirmed 2 more males totalling 4 (all LR2)...

I'll grab a foto later :smile:

JamieShoes

Veteran
As promised here's a foto from my veg box... in the background you can see 4 pp clones in pots and also some more clones in cubes...besides this, we have 6 confirmed females from the AFs, 4 confirmed males and 3 still to show... I have to confess, I love these little things, and am surprised by how stinky some of them are already...

at the end of this week, they'll be getting moved to a space with 250 watts of red CFL to finish off in 5 liter pots :smile:

happy growing all
j :smile:

Attachments

• vegbox.03.05.09.JPG
    vegbox.03.05.09.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 17
Jamie just wondering if ur getting the same stinky fruity skunky smell I get from the Master Lows. ... even in veg!

They are some nice smelling plants.. Looking good, Peace

JamieShoes

Veteran
thats exatly the smell mate.. although they are now just showing flower and this is really when I've started to notice them.. bare in mind that I can smell these after visting a tent full of fully flowering PPs just a meter away, really quite incredable :smile:

Best way I found to get a great smell off ur plant is to rub a fan leaf a few times, and bam snif that beautiful aroma. Im sure thats not new information .. but :D

JamieShoes

Veteran
pulled another male from one of my areas today and that made room for 4 AFs to be potted on and moved... 4 of the confirmed fems (2 x LR2 and 2 x ML) are now in 5 liter pots under 250watts of red CFL :smile:

I think I'm looking at another big male in that same area, so tomorrow I dare say 4 more will get moved on to the same spot :smile:

JamieShoes

Veteran
Man it's been busy here ... just pulled my first harvest and have been rushed off me feet :smile:

but no fear, I havent forgtton about the AFs. they are looking good, I'm gonna do a proper update tomorrow as I can get some pics though... all are well into flower, theres either 8 or 9 females left (about half ML and half LR2)and of the males, I collected a bag of pollen from the 2 most vigorous. I've decided to keep hold of the pollen for the time being though as I didnt want to jepordise anything that I already had flowering that was close by.

of the 2 sorts, the ML are seemingly the stinkier :D

pics and full update tomorrow
cheers
j :smile:

Hate to sound like a newb, but how do I collect the pollen? My most vigorous male is popping his flowers & I want to keep some. He is almost 3ft tall now.

Hate to sound like a newb, but how do I collect the pollen? My most vigorous male is popping his flowers & I want to keep some. He is almost 3ft tall now.

Just set him in another room over a mirror or plate of some kind, he doesnt even need to have a good light source, indirect light is fine when hes droppin pollen. What I did was tie the male over so he ran horizontally over a mirror,...

Like this:

picture.php

Then i'll let it sit on the mirror for a good 12 hours, mix it with a TINY bit of flour or corn starch(acts as a dessecant) - then I put em into little pouches I make out of recipe cards, tape the sides up good, into the fridge. Done deal! :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts