What's new

10 GRAND, 10 LIGHTS, NO TIME!

Tokermon

ten 600's :eek: do you owe the mafia or something? i'd suggest a cheap nft set up, simple and not much stuff can go wrong unless the reservoir runs out.

Last edited:
W

Whatever

I tried to cruise the thread and see where you're at with the setup.

They allow water to penetrate through the whole pot, but don't allow coco fibers to fall out and clog up your pumps.
I used inline filters when running rockwool and made all the difference in the world otherwise the barbed connectors where the 1/8" spaghetti lines (no emitters) connected to the main 1/2" lines got clogged. I used the Rainbird type inline filters...think that's what they were.

I ran 8 3 x 3' trays with 1 110 gallon res with no problems except toward the end of flower they would go through half a tank in like 5 days but that was only for a short stretch. You can always have a top off tank of some sort. The canopy area I supported with that 1 res was about 18' x 6'. This was using slabs. No way I could have supported that many trays/canopy area with Ebb & Flow with 1 110 gal res. I ran 4 30 minute feed cycles lights on through spaghetti lines with a fairly low flow. You could always use coco slabs. I don't see why you think it's necessary to go with run to waste? During the summer I actually used the chilled res as a heat sink cause of a heat problem in the flower room itself. I only needed a small chiller with my setup.

I used GH 3 part and once I got nute strength dialed in pH was rock solid. Seriously...I was going through half a res and the pH barely budged. I could go days with very little fluctuation. Part of it is the water that comes out of the taps in this area...close to perfect for running hydro. Anyway...pH can easily be controlled with something like a Hanna Minicontroller, probe and dosing pump. I looked at wiring up something but after working with the nutes found I didn't need anything.

Problem I see with NFT is if you're pump dies you don;t have much time to catch the problem. The setup I had could probably go a day during most parts of the cycle without water and be OK. You could always run redundant pumps so 1/2 of each cycle is covered by each pump so no catastrophic failure.

With a large canopy you're gonna have hot and cool spots and this affects yield by up to 50% in some areas so suggest you buy an infrared thermometer and start measuring bud temps. Mine paid for itself the first time around.

Hope there's something in there that helps.

Macster2

As I suggested to him nft is easy pretty reliable and you can back it up with a second pump.I've been running a year and a halve and yet to have a pump failure.

G

For sake of ease - soil or a coco mix in simple flood tables.

Clone, then veg a week or so in 16oz cup under flouros. You can build a shelf system like these with a standard costco shelving unit, t-8 flouros and some dubbermaid tubs. Costs me less than 200 a setup and I get more lumens per watt than an equivalent t-5 setup.

Transplant to the 3 gallon pot, veg a week under a 400 or 600 and flip em.

Each plant gets a total of about 3 weeks from cut to final home and 9 weeks bloom.

You could run a weekly harvest perpetually with nine 600's, taking down a crop and replacing it every 7 days. This will keep your mom and clone needs to a minimum while providing a steady cycle.

This much work is a part time job - you could make it a full time job if you are like me and read, study, play, build, tweak, etc.

Keep it simple. Start with the lucas formula. I use pbp and harvest almost a gram/watt with mixed genetics.

I can leave my show for 3 days tops... 10k should do this if you follow my advice. If you want to overgrow the world, expect to pay more.

The pictures above were gallons in a giant flood table, I quickly tore it apart and made 9 individual tables. This allows me to subtly tweak the ph and fertilizer every week. Even in gallons I harvested 3/4 gram/watt.

gregor_mendel

Pico said:
I don't adjust my pH ever. Try using tap water and see what your pH comes out to.

This morning, I mixed 2 parts RO to 1 part tap, and mixed the House & Garden nutes to bottle directions. The pH came out to 6.0. Beautiful.

G

I prefer botanicare, so after PBP Bloom Soil, Sensizyme, Hydroguard, Superthrive and Molasses, I get about hmmm.... 4.3? So two tablespoons Barricade and I'm 6.0 - 6.2. Perfect. My coco mix is always about 6.5 so i prefer to keep my fertigations a 10th of a point lower than normal...?

I have increased my yields exponentially with ph and a regular and thorough cleaning of the gardens dead leaves. I know it seems simple, but weight is weight is weight.

G

just do 4 1ks and use supplemental lighting co2 and big ac and you will do much better then 10 600's on a small budget.. just veg longer and eventually you can hit the 2+ lb per light mark

Macster2

Swordfish I think that goes without saying .If I veg for a year then flip to 12/12 I bet I get a huge yield but the point is if I don't veg and pump out crop after crop maybe 6 per annum I bet I yield a crap load more than you

pico

Veteran
gregor_mendel said:
This morning, I mixed 2 parts RO to 1 part tap, and mixed the House & Garden nutes to bottle directions. The pH came out to 6.0. Beautiful.

Nice work. Once you get this part dialed in you no longer have to worry about it. I don't even know where my pH pen is at. No need to look for it.

G

guest2222999 said:
Swordfish I think that goes without saying .If I veg for a year then flip to 12/12 I bet I get a huge yield but the point is if I don't veg and pump out crop after crop maybe 6 per annum I bet I yield a crap load more than you[/QU

if your going to rotate the eight lights perpetual, do the math even if you run all the lights at the same time...not a shot in hell..... with no veg time in order to hit over 2lbs of quaility bud you need a ton of small plants, good luck taking all the cuts and taking care of all the mothers. you will never leave for three days, or hold a job with that many lights. you will stretch yourself too thin not to mention if you get nailed how many plants you will be caught with. Your mindset of more more push push will ony hurt you. I guarantee your first crop if not wrecked from your mistakes will surly be killed in the drying and curing phase. You better have a whole room with complete air and temp control for drying then curingor your shit will be straight bunk. ever trim over 100 plants? you have a clone? if your starting from seed your going to be in for a surprise

Last edited:

Macster2

I was running bugglegum and all I vegged for was 2-3 days,enough to know the the plants were happy.Usually 21 on a 4x8 table and hit 3.5 lbs regularly(2 x 1000 watts) I added a 4x4 table and got 4.4 lbs (no co2) unfortunately I lost my moms and got a shit strain. Of course going perpetual you can veg a while.

W

Whatever

i think you'll get into some deep shit rushing
LOL...I know that one. It's not so bad if you can keep up on fixing the problems or inadequacies and you have the cash, or credit, to buy the extra stuff you'll need. Honestly...for the past 3 years all the rooms I built for myself and others have been on these ridiculous time lines. I was basically building and setting up the room around growing plants...lol. Just be prepared to be ready 24/7 while you work the kinks out and hopefully there's a store nearby you can snag stuff off the shelf.

This project should be interesting to say the least.

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
outlawed420 said:
Its "you're" not your.

An educated opinion is seemingly impossible to find on the forums these days. There are actually a few people who know what they're talking about, you're not one of them though. Please, do yourself a favor and get your G.E.D and go to college!

Considering you're a full time daddy, you should actually make an effort to support your child in a responsible manner and set a good example.

Damn , how rude. People are high all the time and mess up the spelling of complicated words. Hell Im high now, I probably murdered this sentence. Later peeps.

Last edited:

Macster2

you're right it can be rude but it amazes me the pp can't spell YIELD, its used so often on this forum and yet alot will still spell it YEILD, I ask you does that even look right

HerbGlaze

Eugene Oregon
Veteran
For these kind of grows Id recommend air condition units,humidifers,fans,exhaust and intake... cool tubes..

My friend grows with 8000+ watts in his trailer which is pretty small anything is possible.

Last edited:

Macster2

HerbGlaze said:
For these kind of grows Id recommend air condition units,humidifers,fans,exhaust and intake... cool tubes..

My friend grows with 8000+ watts in his trailer which is pretty small anything is possible.

I guess he doesn't worry about a suspect electric bill

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Enjoying this thread,good luck with the grow fella!
But I must tell you all this talk of massive AC and De/humidifiers to do 10 x600w or even 7 x600w makes me glad to be growing in London at this moment(something I can't usually say)not somewhere with hotter weather like you fella's. Don't get me wrong I love the Sunshine but you could run that room with just good ventilation and air-cooled reflectors all year round here(with lites on in the daytime if u wanted for all except mid-july to early sept and at night...all year no probs)and I've never even touched a nutrient chiller(occasional reservoir heaters in jan/feb in the past though,before I discovered DiaHydro).
But try to grow outdoors here and you need to be Sam the Skunkman for good results and I'd love to be able to try some of my strains in decent sunlight! :joint:

Y

yamaha_1fan

4-26 and now its 5-13. So whats up? You get it set up or what? Lets see some pics