What's new

10 GRAND, 10 LIGHTS, NO TIME!

pico

Veteran
ty-stick passed away a few months back. He was a good friend off this site and I miss him. He was a good man.

ooga booga

iluvtogrograss said:
Hey oooga boooga.....drop the attitude.....no reason to be a dick.....also why not try some flex duct.....it is much better than the round pipe you are using.....

http://www.quietflex.com/
You think I didn't know about flexible ducting? :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

I've already tried flexible ducting, that's all I've been using up until now. It's a fact that flexible ducting is less efficient and noisier than smooth rigid duct. It sure is easy, though.

What's so special about this flexible ducting that you linked me to? I don't see anything special... been there, done that.

Another fact is that these insulated flexible ducts aren't so great for light movers.

Oh, how about I go on micro grow threads and constantly and incessantly talk about how micro grows are a complete and utter waste of time and resources? No, that's called trolling and flame-baiting.

But it's okay for these guys to come to these threads just to preach the broken record statement... ??? :confused:

M

mexilandrace

typical commercial jackass

oh I am out of line because I don't agree with your motivations

watch me positive rep you because that is what real people are about.

M

mexilandrace

yamaha_1fan said:
LOL Capitalism. Sorry but capitalism is what makes the world go round and round and why we dont live in caves anymore.

It's also the reason that people shoot each other over a dollar.

I embrace the good and the bad of it, so should you.

ooga booga

No, you're out of line because you add absolutely no value to the discussion and are simply here to troll and flame-bait. No one said you have to like commercial grows. So if you don't have anything useful to add, just STFU.

M

mexilandrace

ooga booga said:
No, you're out of line because you add absolutely no value to the discussion and are simply here to troll and flame-bait. No one said you have to like commercial grows. So if you don't have anything useful to add, just STFU.

You got a chip on your shoulder bro, I am passionate about certain things, I am obligated by those passions to speak my mind on occasion.

Just cause I got you twisted doesn't mean I am wrong to voice what I voiced.

The same way you justify what you do is the same way I do.

You really think getting pissed off and being a jerk is gonna help me see through your eyes? really?

G

as long as you are offering a quality product at a competitive price, there is nothing wrong with growing commercially. treat people with respect and do business the right way, whats wrong with that? NOTHING

If you can make a living doing what you love, then do it. but if your sole motivation is money then you are in the wrong business.

its not wrong to grow and sell a crop, weather it be corn, carrots, or cured meds. get a grip people! just conduct business with dignity.

stop hating, please everyone stay positive.

you don't even know this person. granted we know a little more about this persons situation based on info given, but what if they grow one decent size op once every year or two to keep stocked with meds for personal use?

mind ya business, haters keep hating cuz they have nothing better to do

Last edited:
Y

yamaha_1fan

pico said:
ty-stick passed away a few months back. He was a good friend off this site and I miss him. He was a good man.

Seriously? Real sorry to hear that

Sorry Smurf to run off topic but these commercial haters really do get under my skin. :D

Back on topic.

M

mexilandrace

smurfin'herb said:
ok mexi, your done. stop with the back and forth. no more smart comments.

I stopped, wasn't my intention anyways.

I just got hit with some neg rep and wanted to clear things up.

I do find it funny that I got attacked and you tell me to stop...

Grow on.

Last edited:

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
for short day, short veg plants, the 600's penetrate the canopy perfectly and i feel that when i used 1000's i was wasting light since they penetrate deeper than what i needed. When doing tree style or long veg periods, 1000's work very nice, and produce a wee bit tighter buds (which im not a big fan of rock hard nugs). The 600's produce a more even spread of light/lumens, are cooler to the touch, and can be placed closer to the canopy than 1000's. Im saying 5x600's will yield more than 3x1000's. Ive tested it personally.

W

Whatever

smurfin'herb said:
for short day, short veg plants, the 600's penetrate the canopy perfectly and i feel that when i used 1000's i was wasting light since they penetrate deeper than what i needed. When doing tree style or long veg periods, 1000's work very nice, and produce a wee bit tighter buds (which im not a big fan of rock hard nugs). The 600's produce a more even spread of light/lumens, are cooler to the touch, and can be placed closer to the canopy than 1000's. Im saying 5x600's will yield more than 3x1000's. Ive tested it personally.
Yes...the 5 x 600's will out yield the 3 x 1000's. For stationary growing I feel the the 600's are primo. The biggest thing is the better light distribution with the 600's over the 1000's. Sure the 600's can be placed closer but 400's even closer so are 400's better? Each light has an optimum distance due to intensity.

Once the canopy fills in penetration becomes a non issue cause you end up cleaning out all that stuff underneath.

G

Whatever said:
Yes...the 5 x 600's will out yield the 3 x 1000's.

not always. strain choice, technique, and plant count can make either scenario out yield the other. its like saying a blue ink pen writes better than a black ink pen. when its really about the quality of the ink, and talent of the writer.

billy_big_bud!

Proud Cannadian Cannabist
Veteran
very interesting. so 5 600s will out yeild 3 1000s but, in your experience what would the increase in yeild amount to? is it a signifigant increase? the system i am designing will be shorter plants, higher plant count so in my situation deep penetration isnt essential.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Yat Yat said:
not always. strain choice, technique, and plant count can make either scenario out yield the other. its like saying a blue ink pen writes better than a black ink pen. when its really about the quality of the ink, and talent of the writer.

Imagine two 3000watt grow spaces. one space has 5x600's and one has 3x1000's. Use the same strains, use same techniques, same plant count, veg time, weather conditions ect.. and yes, the 600's will outperform the 1000's.

G

we shall agree to disagree smurf. not saying in some scenarios the 600's wouldn't yield more. just saying in some the 1000's would. you would have to have done many a tests to say what you are saying as fact. no offense.

edit- not to mention the options 1000's give. the extra light intensity allows more possibilities than a 600. either way throw a shit load of popsicles they both handle the job, but 600's don't grow trees like 1000's do. simple and plain.

Last edited:

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Tests? ive seen 2 600's yield 30-40% more than one 1000 in the same size area. In this situation the 600's use 20% more watts than the 1000's but still produce more than a 20% increase in yield. Time is the test man. You know how after you get so familiar with something that you just know what happens without having to do tests. i.e. I can tell my grow room temp within +/- 2degrees every time without looking at the temp. Ive seen so many 1000watt setups and so many 600watt setups, and i can just tell that when using 600's at same total wattage as 1000's used, the 600's always outperform in most situations. But like you said 1000's are good for trees. I think 1000's are inneficient for sog and related methods tho.It just causes more penetration than needed, and the way that the light is distributed is more inneficient than 600's. In other words for short day, short veg plants 1000's are not the way to go, because the light isnt dispersed as evenly as 600's and you waste light also because it penetrates the plant foliage and then hits the tray or table or whatev you use. That light that reaches past the foliage down to the table is wasted lumens!

G

smurf, I really don't want to argue. the original point I made was that "strain choice, technique, and plant count can make either scenario out yield the other. its like saying a blue ink pen writes better than a black ink pen. when its really about the quality of the ink, and talent of the writer."

its not just that 1000's are good for trees only, that was just one point. Furthermore I am not saying 1000's are better than 600's, or that 600's are better than 1000's. Just that there are just too many variables to say for fact one way or another. Its all what works best for your situation. What exactly does it mean when you say the "600's always outperform in most situations." does that mean some situations 1000's outperform? hmm what a concept. glad you agree with me now, but still somehow disagree?

try expanding your horizons

as for losing light, that would be the fault of the grower and his/her technique and strainchoice/veg time ect ect....

at first I was totally on your side because you seem to know a few thigs, but its easier to side with rez more and more. you have some learning still to do.

and sog's don't do well under 1k's? tell that to So Quik

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=7366&highlight=soquik

good luck in your grow, no offense but I will not be returning to your thread to argue.

Latest posts

Latest posts