What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

10,000 watts. med grow. smoke local kush everyday.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
well. harvest these 3 plants just a tad early. the trichs were only 10% amber, but i want that heady high. i guess i'd say there is prolly about a pound there. by the way, these are about half way dry.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

p.s. i have really really big hands. that bud was huge!

picture.php

can't stop smoking this stuff(scissor hash).

RoachClip

I hold El Roacho's
Veteran
Dig the thread and technics used and thanks for sharing your journal with us iS.K :yes:

Your help on the site is welcomed and appreciated I look forward to more of your grows & pics it's kept my attention from page 1.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
still alive. harvested and trimmed the whole thing by hand. got strep throat.

total yield was a little over 13 lbs. some of those plants were super og, but they were all def. headie as fuck. my internet is running slow as balls, but i have a bunch of pictures of the harvest and some monster colas. gimme a few days to find a decent connection.

R

RedRain

hmmm i was looking to cool 6 1000 watt,s and co2 burner and ballasts, i like the stealth ones very nice, with that extra, sound absorbing, compressor box very cool , not so shure if that extra box would need to be in a vented room? would it make any heat do you know?

very nice grow mate , krustey mate krusty :)

i smoke.kush what is this http://www.heatexchanger.ca/WPC.html they say water called air con? i am thinking no outside box part, or would this be a heat exchanger? adding a lot of humidity to the room,

amazing grow man dwc?:)

that water cooled AC, uses water to cool the refrigerant, instead of an outdoor unit. MUCH MORE STEALTHY than a 5 ton outdoor unit.

buddy here is wrong, the unit will not add more humidity to a room. any AC will remove humidity from the room. just because water is being used as a "condensor" coil. Dont misinform people when you dont know.

http://www.heatexchanger.ca/WPC.htm

you are right, there is no outside box with the above ac, and no added humidity.

R

RedRain

awesome, thank you.

I wonder if one could make a regular split a/c stealth, cheaper, by themselves rather than paying for it. ill do some more research, stay safe bra

excel takes a latitude model ac system, which is a basic york ac unit, and cuts the compressor out and charges 3 grand to do so....

if you get a york affinity, the compressor is already boxed, and is silent. not to mention the compressor is "commercial" grade in the affinity

you can wrap a compressor with a heavy blanket, or use rockwool insulation wrapped around the compressor to dampen the noise. just ensure that the fan can spin freely

heck you can cut the compressor out of any AC system, and place it inside.

R

RedRain

there is an outside unit.

turbo. the 5 ton was not that much more, but you have to remember that with an a/c more isn't always better. you don't want your a/c cycling on and off. very inefficient. check out that link http://excelair.ca they have a 2 piece mini split that can cool 3000 watts and a co2 burner with the ballasts in the room.

whaaat? are you crazy, you obviously have no idea how refrigeration works!!!

why would you want any unit running 24/7. Just because you purchased a ferarri that can do 300kmph does not mean that you can run it @ 300kmph for 5 months straight and not expect anything to break. You always want to plan for a bit of overhead.

An AC unit can only cool so much, normally 20-25 f. The ton of an AC system denotes the "power" of the cooling capacity. The ambient temperature inside and outside will play a factor in how many watts and how hard your ac will work. General rule of thumb is 1 ton of cooling for every 3000 watts. A co2 burner will count as (1) 1000w bulb.

During the winter, your unit will be able to run at a lower head pressure, because the cold air will allow the refrigerant to condense back into a liquid much quicker than a 32f day.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
whaaat? are you crazy, you obviously have no idea how refrigeration works!!!

why would you want any unit running 24/7. Just because you purchased a ferarri that can do 300kmph does not mean that you can run it @ 300kmph for 5 months straight and not expect anything to break. You always want to plan for a bit of overhead.

An AC unit can only cool so much, normally 20-25 f. The ton of an AC system denotes the "power" of the cooling capacity. The ambient temperature inside and outside will play a factor in how many watts and how hard your ac will work. General rule of thumb is 1 ton of cooling for every 3000 watts. A co2 burner will count as (1) 1000w bulb.

During the winter, your unit will be able to run at a lower head pressure, because the cold air will allow the refrigerant to condense back into a liquid much quicker than a 32f day.

ok. so everyone that wants to cool a 3000 watt grow..go out an buy a 5 ton. sounds efficient.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
no actually he is right, a 1kw light needs about 3600 btu of cooling to counter the heat produced by the light, so by running 1 ton of cooling for every 3kw of light is about correct, i run up to 10 kw of lights with my 3 ton a/c(36600 btu) and i can get it down to 23C, but then its running 24/7(when lights are on), ive since removed a few lights and am now running 8 lights per 3 ton a/c, and the general room environment is running smoother and the a/c is forcing less and is no longer on fer 24/7....but i also added my water cooled co2 burners but they dont create more heat than a toaster that stays on for 2 min at a time...

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
nice, cant wait....what about those ballasts on the floor?

btw i got 39 reasons for you to pm me...lol

jaspmf

By the way, iSMOKE.KUSH is correct, you do not want to over-size your A/C too much as it will cause what's known as "short cycling". Also in a non-aircooled room an A/C system that short cycles often is not ideal (especially true with shorter ceilings, especially true the more lights you add) for other reasons than equipment efficiency... it will create large fluctuations or "spikes" in the High/Low recordings.

BIGGER IS NOT BETTER, the right size is the perfect size that will allow it to run continuously during lights-on w/o ever shutting off the compressor. Of course can be somewhat difficult to achieve, but definitely possible.

Wanna know a quick room-dialing fix for an A/C system that short cycles too often? Add more heat to the room, you'll find that the environment is much more sane. You can do that by adding more lights, or dialing a space heater down to what will make your A/C system run continuously w/o overshooting or short cycling. You'll also add extra dehumidification to the room this way.

Another "trick" that helps in full-size system install is to wire the fan for continuous operation. You can typically do this by jumpering the R to the G terminal, or if your thermostat has a setting, "fan always on" instead of "fan auto" (runs w/ compressor) mode.

R

RedRain

ok. so everyone that wants to cool a 3000 watt grow..go out an buy a 5 ton. sounds efficient.

ya buddy if you even took a second to read my post, you would see I was just trying to be helpful.

read my post next time before trying to be a smartass

those nugs look killer, you obviously know what you are doing...really quality medicine...good job...hows the cherry lime kush? i would love to receive some of that medicine