What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1:1 thc/cbd cultivars for edibles

Tincandtoke

Several days into the cold ethanol extraction paper filtered tincture that got reduced into 40ml of coconut oil and made into chocolates
Very little taste with more of the supportive compounds intact, I hope
Did 7 gram chocolates which are too big so the recipe can be halved to 140 grams of chocolate
This recipe yields 40 chocolates From a 14 gram flower extraction
After the fuzzy math I figure 35-50 mg of combined cannabinoids guesstimate

IMG_20240210_145523.jpg IMG_20240210_145526.jpg

A little thick but not hard to correct

Good reports coming back as expected
Consumer reports easier waking up but waking up a little earlier
My plan is too add CBDV in small amounts in the next batch
Working on getting some testing for my tincture

IMG_20240210_145506.jpg

In the pic, left in the small jar is infused coconut oil that is fully scrubbed
This will be used to make hot buttered syrup combining oil and sugar carriers
One of those concoctions that require you to give up the day
No driving, no power tools, no grilling and remember that beer in your hand is 2 hours old and empty
Its a nightmare to dose
The oil alone is 3000mg and the syrup is the same
Reasoning is to add the buttered syrup in small teaspoon amounts so you can infuse anything
Flip side is that it is hard to determine the time of onset and how potent it will be

Middle is the thc/cbd chocolates
On the right hand end is regular radioactive chocolates
Forgot how many mg I put in but its a lot and I have not had a full day to test them

Tincandtoke

Small update

Effects wise the simple filtering involving running the tincture through paper and stainless steel cone filters works best

If you can afford it buying the best ingredients helps with masking the "plant" taste
Good dark chocolate makes the candy taste acceptable for non users
$20 will get you plenty of decent bulk chocolate
Used 7 grams per chocolate and thought about cutting it in half but it seems to be a decent amount of bitterness to mask the flavor at this weight

IMG_20240301_105303.jpg IMG_20240301_111401.jpg

Trying to repurpose the vast number of containers and distributors that I get from the dispensary
By far these were the most requested
Great for carrying and easily dosing a drink or snack
Capable of dispensing oil, syrup or a mixture of the two
Starting to build up as I no longer do hands on care work
Culinary note, I use Monin syrups to flavor my infused simple syrup
These syringes only carry enough to give a hint of flavor

Next fork in the road is terpenes and carbon scrubbing...
After I get some reliable testing done
Getting rid of pesticides and other nasties versus keeping terpenes intact (as much as you can)

Friday morning clientele kush ramble
Caffeine and indicas
Clutch in and foot on the gas

Tincandtoke

IMG_20240408_111656.jpg IMG_20240408_111707.jpg IMG_20240408_111715.jpg IMG_20240408_111723.jpg IMG_20240408_111851.jpg IMG_20240408_112552.jpg

Emptying out the fridge and processing all the left overs
The CBD & CBG tincture will be reduced into coconut oil for ease of use
Have a left over tincture that needs a decarb on the stove top
Chocolates for sleep meds with an extra CBD mixture of pinewalker, Super sour space candy and sour Electra
Big difference in the 1:1 THC/CBD cultivar extraction chocolates and the same extraction chocolates but boosted with the CBD mixture mentioned above

goingrey

View attachment 18984846 View attachment 18984847 View attachment 18984848 View attachment 18984849 View attachment 18984850 View attachment 18984851

Emptying out the fridge and processing all the left overs
The CBD & CBG tincture will be reduced into coconut oil for ease of use
Have a left over tincture that needs a decarb on the stove top
Chocolates for sleep meds with an extra CBD mixture of pinewalker, Super sour space candy and sour Electra
Big difference in the 1:1 THC/CBD cultivar extraction chocolates and the same extraction chocolates but boosted with the CBD mixture mentioned above
What's the difference?

Tincandtoke

What's the difference?

The sedation and quality of sleep is greatly improved with the extra CBD added
Through a whole batch of 40 chocolates the report back was the straight 1:1 THC/CBD chocolates under performed compared to the enhanced chocolates
This is anecdotal so take everything with a grain of salt but you can customize the chocolates
Also, the 10% THC is vital to the overall effect
The cultivar I use for the base tincture is thunder struck 10%THC/15%CBD
My dispensary no longer carries it...

Tincandtoke

IMG_20240408_114324.jpg IMG_20240408_114334.jpg IMG_20240408_114824.jpg IMG_20240408_114859.jpg IMG_20240408_115045.jpg IMG_20240408_115229.jpg

Chocolate being infused and readied for the silicon molds
Coming up is the CBD mix and CBG oils being infused into coconut oil
I use a particular silicon mold that I use for dosing to make convenient infused oils and butter to add to meals

IMG_20240408_131306.jpg

Maple_Flail

So how do you go about figuring out your end potency? and actual ratio?

how many washes did you do on initial extraction? were you monitoring the temperature variance over the hours boiled?

from experience, I prefer NOT to work with near ratio'd flowers for several reasons.
much of it having to do with the compromise you have to make in decarb for THC vs CBD
(also say goodbye to cbg % in these flowers after decarb cbg won't exist)

acid forms are also beneficial and should not be ignored.. especially THCA... let it get out of hand
and you've got your self a imminent nap.

it really seems like your end product is much weaker than you expect.

Tincandtoke

So how do you go about figuring out your end potency? and actual ratio?

how many washes did you do on initial extraction? were you monitoring the temperature variance over the hours boiled?

from experience, I prefer NOT to work with near ratio'd flowers for several reasons.
much of it having to do with the compromise you have to make in decarb for THC vs CBD
(also say goodbye to cbg % in these flowers after decarb cbg won't exist)

acid forms are also beneficial and should not be ignored.. especially THCA... let it get out of hand
and you've got your self a imminent nap.

it really seems like your end product is much weaker than you expect.

Agree with a lot you put forward
I use the 1:1 ratio flower for non users of cannabis
The psychoactive experience is minimal but the THC works miracles combined with the CBD
The decarb was mechanical using an Ardent FX set on the regular A1 cycle
Trying to get non users to try cannabis can be cagey because of the stigma
As for the acid versions of the cannabinoids, keep non decarbed tincture for inflammation and for topical
I have CBG flower that is extracted and gets added
CBG is an energetic cannabinoid from descriptions so it has little use in the sleep meds I make

When you see someone give up Ambien it shows the medicinal side of cannabis

The decarb is still in research as new info comes out weekly

The potency is guesstimate using the popular conversion method where the standard is 15% THC
NOT accurate but gets you in the ballpark

I use cold ethanol extraction doing 2 washes on the same material

Dosing is my biggest hurdle as testing is difficult if you are not licensed

Last edited:

Tincandtoke

So the next batch of chocolates are going to be from commercially refined materials
Using refined RSO which I already have

IMG_20240314_180627.jpg

Sourcing terpenes and CBD mct oil from the overall community
My intent was to end up here but the flower extraction part needed more work
If it is possible to source another 1:1 THC/CBD flower I will pick up the extraction part again for the DIY crowd
Needs a little polish and reliable testing

goingrey

Lots of 1:1 strains available as seeds, more so than CBD-dominant ones it would seem. Shame you can't grow yet... Then again, both CBD and THC-dominant flower should be available for you no? Why not just buy some of each..

Tincandtoke

Lots of 1:1 strains available as seeds, more so than CBD-dominant ones it would seem. Shame you can't grow yet... Then again, both CBD and THC-dominant flower should be available for you no? Why not just buy some of each..

Think recreational is about to be legalized but I bet growing is prohibited
They don't shoot themselves in the foot around here, they shoot themselves in the head...

I am pivoting with different cultivars and materials but I was hoping to polish the process with one cultivar before moving on to different scenarios

Did an infusion with the oil from 1:1 carts and the end product seemed to be a bit more psychoactive to the point of being uncomfortable for the consumer
Probably 10%THC/10%CBD distribution
I work with 10%THC/15%CBD and bump that up a couple of CBD percentage points

Actually have 3.5 grams of Sour Electra
The other rabbit hole is combining the CBD flower with a Sativa, Indica, and Hybrid
Think the Thunder Struck came in as a Sativa dominant