What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SHARON WIDOW IN RARE FORM

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I posted these pictures in another thread, but I believe they deserve their own home. :)

Sharon has been in and out of my garden a few times over the years, I NEVER saw this happen before. Only one branch did this, and I got a hell of a kick out of watching it happen.

The pure white bud was saved in a jar for several months before I smoked it with my buddy, Stinkymutt.

Many people wonder what a pure white bud tastes like, and if it will get you as high as a regular-colored bud. The bud tastes even better than green bud because there's no chlorophyll to burn through, and the high is JUST as good as if it were green.

I shot these pics a long time ago, and was going to publish them in High Times, but I realize I'd have to write a story to go along with it, and I just don't know what to write... so I'm sharing them here at ICMag. :)

var·i·e·ga·tion
n. The state of being variegated; diversified coloration.

H

Hazeseeker

Jesus :jawdrop: , beautiful plant CC, looks awesome when rolled in a J as well, that would look really cool when rolled in those Celuous (sp) Papers (transparent papers)

peace :ying:

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
fascinated by these pics. would love to smoke some flowers with no chlorophyll. you still runnin sharon? say it just happened once? were you cloning her? do more than one run from same mom?

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you sure that wasnt rot?
was it completely dried when you hacked it already?
i would assume you know the difference, not trying to insult.
just asking

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
subrob said:
fascinated by these pics. would love to smoke some flowers with no chlorophyll. you still runnin sharon? say it just happened once? were you cloning her? do more than one run from same mom?

No, I'm not running Sharon right now. She's a very, very potent lady, but she's a pain to grow and the yields are not prime. I still miss getting high with her, though. :)

CFrank, hehehe... You said rot. No, of course not, it's a simple case of variegation.

Last edited:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Def not rot CF. She will display some weird variegation patterns occasionally. I initially thought mine was light burn, no pics tho.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's pics of the early growth.
20Sharon-variegated-2-close.jpg

20Sharon-variegated-1.jpg

Sundance

Crazy Composer said:
I shot these pics a long time ago, and was going to publish them in High Times, but I realize I'd have to write a story to go along with it, and I just don't know what to write... so I'm sharing them here at ICMag. :)

Crazy Composer at a loss for words - OMG

Sundance

Lets hope its only temporary !

I enjoy your articles

Great work thru the years !

Continued success

Last edited:
H

Hazeseeker

Does look very unique, only ever seen leaves like this once before and that was a pic in the 2005 Indoor Bible, is anybody currently making any crosses with this cut?

afghanica

CC,

Have you ever gotten any other colours out of the variegated sections?
The thing I like best about my variegated Vanilluna is the purple showing on the white calyxes and leaf sections.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
is anybody currently making any crosses with this cut?
I really don't know. If Lonestar ever comes back, he'd be the most likely to work with it.

afghanica, No, no other colors. Your Vanilluna was a purple plant that variegated, it didn't turn purple because of variegation, only the white parts were a result of the variegation. You probably know that, but your question sorta seemed like you might be wondering.

Peace, good will,
cc

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Word is that Lonestar is completely through with the marijuana world from what my sources tell me. Say what ya want about the man, but he had an eye for selection.
Loverly pics CC. Would make a great article for the head mags as the variegated traits come out in some strains. My first time seeing it was in the Kushman Strawberry Cough. Then again on Sharon and now Chem D. Not the white like on the Sharon, but on the KKSC or CD the green and yellow striping. For a vast majority of closet growers with little experience, when variegation shows itself, it looks as if you've done something wrong with the nute regimen. Took me a while to figure out it was a normal thing my first time seeing it.

Last edited:
J

jipedestran

resinryder said:
Def not rot CF. She will display some weird variegation patterns occasionally. I initially thought mine was light burn, no pics tho.

Light burn, that is where I have seen that exact look.

but it was only on part of the branch.

peace
jip

Kinderfeld

lol you guys are silly... its not light bleaching nor is it rot its a form of mutation! man I want to try some so bad...love these pics cc!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
resinryder said:
Word is that Lonestar is completely through with the marijuana world from what my sources tell me. Say what ya want about the man, but he had an eye for selection.
Loverly pics CC. Would make a great article for the head mags as the variegated traits come out in some strains. My first time seeing it was in the Kushman Strawberry Cough. Then again on Sharon and now Chem D. Not the white like on the Sharon, but on the KKSC or CD the green and yellow striping. For a vast majority of closet growers with little experience, when variegation shows itself, it looks as if you've done something wrong with the nute regimen. Took me a while to figure out it was a normal thing my first time seeing it.

agreed- i am running the chem d right now, had assumed the coloration on the leaves was due to thrips that i had for a minute, but the leaves did not have the tell tale signs of thrip damage.

J

jipedestran

rusty_shacklfor said:
i had a bubba and when i pulled it there were buds growing off the trunk in the rockwool. they had no green in them.

just like white asparagus.

I certainly was not saying that it was light burn, just saying that is the only thing I have ever seen on a cannabis plant that looked like that. I know that I have no where near the varied experience of CC.

peace
jip

Latest posts

Latest posts