What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"the high-pod"

yes the CFL's are cool to the touch, i would guess that a leaf touching the outer tube would hit about 88 F not quite enough for photoinhibition ..... there are leaves touching now without the faintest signs of yellowing

if you look the lightbulbs are inside a clear plastic tube in which air is constantly being pulled (look at the first pics with the extractor up top)...temps are fine for plant contact

G

I know it's considered kinda fluff to come in and say 'wow, great thread', etc but I gotta break protocol and for the SECOND time & say,

Wow, great thread.

Last edited:
i was actually thinking about putting a DIY kit together minus the trash can but the wiring can be a bit confusing. I am going to see how this grow ends up and see if it truly is a more efficient way to grow. I think if anything my gram/volume will be very nice!

Socrates

Awesome, yeah I will definitely be keeping an eye on this. If you end up with good results I think I would be interested. Props for the innovation and execution man, exciting stuff.

Tony Danza

inefectualize said:
if you look the lightbulbs are inside a clear plastic tube in which air is constantly being pulled (look at the first pics with the extractor up top)...temps are fine for plant contact

Just Awesome, unbelievable attention to detail man! I usually like to have more to say in a post, but that's it, just awesome.

What strain is this? looks like a short little indica. I imagine it wouldn't be as effective with a stretchy plant.

Can't wait to see her bud! Good work!

U

ureapwhatusow

can very easily make it light proof and now keep moms and clones and veg in flower room .. and move them in a pinch. Pich up and go ..

now your thinking! you can even place them on shelves two high! I need to charge my camera battery to take some new pics. This is an un-named strain that i have been holding onto for a while. A friend had a seeded nug of some good commercial (must have been selfed because they are all female). It is a kinda wacky plant because if you run it at about 15 hours of light it will start a kinda half flower half veg mode....kinda strange, i always veg it at 24 and have seen it start flowering even at 18 hours light. I usually take it to day 72 of flower. I would really like to try out some other strains but im broke as a joke! I have this strain down pretty well so we will see if i picked the right time/size to set it into flower to fill the can :joint:

Hermes

Can you give out any more info on the light arrangement? I'm interested in giving this style a go, but don't know what the lighting setup requires. I found the lights but am unsure of how/what to connect them up to.